3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: When to change the string????  (Read 377 times)

Offline BillyMarkwell

• Trad Bowhunter
When to change the string????
« on: April 13, 2007, 04:55:00 PM »
Just wondering when you change your string????......Do you go by time, or number of shots????............My Savannah is about a year and a half old…..but the string only has approximately 1,000 shots on it…..had a 7 month lay off last year….the serving came loose and I had to put new serving on it,  the string is not showing any sign of wear…….it’s stretched in and is not moving any more…….I’ve ordered a new string but haven’t put it on yet….Should I go ahead and change it or wait till I’ve got more shots or it starts to show sighs of wear…..don’t want it to break while at full draw….

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: When to change the string????
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »
I would wait til it shows wear  jmo
St. Joe River Bows

Offline Big Dave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »
What Rob says I'd wait till it shows wear  :D    :D    :D
Live today like you'll meet God tommorow (you might)

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 06:01:00 PM »
Billy here is what I do.I change my string after every hunting season keep the old one as a spare and break in the new one for the new hunting season.Measure your old string because it's all broken in and make a note of the length.Also where you have your silencers if you have found their sweetspot and most important where you had your nock set  at.

Offline DAS Kinetic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 12:41:00 AM »
Mark,
  This applies to FF strings.  They can last a long time.  If the string shows signs of excess wear either reserve or replace it.  FF strings will stabilize after some number of shots and then will change very little.  If an older string suddenly starts to require brace adjustments because of creep, take it off and toss it.  That's a sign that the fibers are breaking down internally and giving up the ghost.  Other than that, there is no reason to replace a good stable string.

David

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©