3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: HUMBLED!  (Read 1108 times)

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
HUMBLED!
« on: December 24, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »
Well I have to say that I have been humbled by the rating system(2stars). I would like to say that I am sorry to anyone who I may have offended with any of my posts.I have been told (by my wife) that sometimes I may think something is funny to me and it is not to everyone else.
  Just to let you guys know I am a straight shooter and have good values, I am a former Marine,and In my job I have to be straight to the point aggressive and thick skinned.I can be extremely sarcastic at times and I don't mean any harm.This site has brought me closer to  myself and my children with the values and sportsmanship that is hard to find out in the real world.What I learn here I pass it on to my children and want them to understand that there is good  in this world.So in closing Thank you for your ratings and it is ok to be knocked down a peg or two,that's how you get knowledge and experience.    :knothead:
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: HUMBLED!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 10:12:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 10:19:00 PM »
You have two stars. I still have 0 and have delt with many on here. Sometimes the rating does not equal the person. Keep the chin up. This is a great site with great values.

Tim
DEATHMASTER

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 10:27:00 PM »
I really don't know why we have a popularity rating on this fine site to begin with. I already thought most of us on here were 5 star folks to begin with? Me personally have never thought anybody I've ever dealt with were any less than that.
 GLENN

Offline Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »
Don't let it bother you, but I understand that it can be humbling.

The bush is my life but when it comes to computers, I'm in kindergarden and a bit shy to post very much. I was away in the bush (guiding and bowhunting) for a few months and upon my return have discovered that I am not a Trad Bowhunter, and that I don't deserve any stars at all. LOL

Seriously though, I don't expect anything to the contrary since no one knows me here and I spend too much time in the bush to be able to spend a lot of time on Tradgang. I think however, that it is a great site and I really enjoy visiting here. I also realize that there has to be some sort of control and it is difficult to accommodate everyone.

You sound like a good person, and good people do not seem in short supply here.
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 10:51:00 PM »
Tim, I don't know who rated me at 5 stars,but whoever it was,I was greatly surprized!!!!! I have always considered myself a "middle of the road" type of guy,really nothing special.

That being said, I have only rated a few people myself,and those were close friends that I have personaly known for many years and they are many rungs on the ladder above me in my eyes. As a former Marine myself,I know that you have to start at the bottom,and fight your way to the top before you can really say that you have "taken the hill".

As for the rating system,I can take it or leave it. I have to agree with Coonbait though,I think most of the folks here were 5 star folks to begin with.
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Tom Mussatto

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 10:56:00 PM »
Tim, I don't really understand how this rating system works either. When you had only two votes I know for a fact that one of them was a 5. Even if the other vote was the lowest, a 1, it should have averaged you out to a 3 yet it only showed a 2. I wouldn't worry about it.

I understand the need for having a system like this but I fear it's possibly going to backfire causing more problems than it solves by turning it into a personality contest rather than identifying problem people. Hope not.
Tom Mussatto

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 10:56:00 PM »
Sorry, the ratings mean nothing to me. Until you have met me in person and spent some time with me, it is all BS. Over the internet ya never know, someone who is a mass murderer but seems like a great person on here could get 5 stars!! Sorry but get rid of them, they mean nothing!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Focusource

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »
You sound like a 5-star man to me.  I thank you for your service to our country and wish you a Merry Christmas.
TradTech Pinnacle II riser, 50# BlackMax limbs

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 11:03:00 PM »
Thanks guys and Shawn I like the way you think.I'm not mad by any means I don't want to offend anyone that's all.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 11:05:00 PM »
What Jeff said!
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 11:06:00 PM »
Everything Focusource said.

:thumbsup:
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 11:16:00 PM »
I have not had one bad encounter with any TGr's! I think your all a good bunch of folk's, and consider ya'll my friend's!  :thumbsup:  Jason

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 11:42:00 PM »
Thanks for your service to our country. Merry Christmas

Offline Doug in MN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2009, 11:47:00 PM »
What Shawn said and well said I may say.

DD

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 12:35:00 AM »
I agree with Jeff and I thank you for your service to our country.
 I've always given everyone I meet the benefit of starting out with the highest possible level of consideration and then it's up to that persons behavior whether they move anywhere in relationship with me. It's all done on a one to one, never based on anyone else s' opinion(s).

My 2 cents worth
Merry Christmas and God bless
Roy L"Mudd" Williams
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 12:51:00 AM »
Tim,

You have treat others with respect, and you deserve the same. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, and hope you get that bow for your kids.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Gapmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2009, 01:15:00 AM »
I thank you for your service to our country also. I would like to add that I am not sure how well this rating system will work either. Some folks are just plain over sensitive and just the wrong choice of words could make them hold some kind of grudge or give them a bad impression by what was said, even if there was no harm meant. In return, they can rate you low. I'm not so sure how well this will turn out and hope that it does not chase away good people. Merry Christmas to you and your family bro.  :)
"Just passing through"

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2009, 02:20:00 AM »
Hi There,

I am a former Army Seargent and can be blunt to the point of offensive at times, so I know what your talking about in work and the past life we have led in the military.   I try to temper that tendency and treat everyone with respect.  I have to say that I agree with the previous statements that ratings do not belong on this site.

The one exception I would make to that statement is that if you are a sponsor or selling products a rating system have a valid place.  It lets people know you are a good person to do business with.

As for someone rating you a two, I bet it was one person and they don't like one of your posts.  There are way to many people in this world who think that everyone should think and talk like they do.  Lots of folks in America have forgotten what the first amendment is about.  Freedom of Speech for all, including those who disagree with them.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline turkey522

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2009, 06:08:00 AM »
What Shawn said,Merry Christmas.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©