3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: HUMBLED!  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: HUMBLED!
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 06:52:00 AM »
Well if folks would use the rating system the right way....

It just supposed to be to rate folks that you have personally dealt with in the classifieds. Just a gauge to let someone have an idea what kind of transactions others might have had with that person previously.

It's certainly not perfect, but we're only trying to improve things and weed out the bad apples.

There could be some folks using it the wrong way and just rating someone for how he posts. And sometimes the way someone posts really tells nothing about the person behind the computer.

It'll all iron out over time....

Merry Christmas and thanx for your service!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline dick sable

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2009, 07:01:00 AM »
I totally agree with coonbait, woodchucker, Tom and Shawn.  I've had nothing but 5 star experiences myself.
Dick

Offline Dave McDaniel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2009, 07:29:00 AM »
I have bought many things from this site and never had a problem. Obviously though with the recent changes in the classifieds section and this ratting system there have been problems, what a shame. It's a me me world and a world with easily hurt feelings, as far as ratings go I did not even know what it was until I read this post. If it is used like Guru posted it would be a good thing so I would not be bothered by someone rating something you may have posted. Thank You for your service to our country!

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2009, 08:19:00 AM »
I am ex military and a retired cop. Guess what? I can be abrasive at times. I also have strong feelings about the direction our country is taking, and they are not positive. If folks don't like that, oh well. Just to prove the point, I think a rating system is a bunch of hooey. That being said, thanks for your service and thanks for doing a thankless job. I don't know you personally, but I sure respect what you do and have done professionally. Don't let some silly system like an internet 'rating' system get to you, and keep on keeping on.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline shakeyslim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2009, 08:21:00 AM »
your the real ZOOT im my book!( 5 stars more of i had em!)  :bigsmyl:
a hippie taught me to hunt
i left 1971 way back in 1971

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »
I think you need to read Guru's post and understand what the ratings are all about. I would also add that while this internet stuff is really neat it can sometimes be difficult to convey certain types of humor and dipolmacy is not always conveyed the way we might intend. This is a great site and some of the best guys I know, and I have met a few, are just good people. You are in good company.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2009, 08:46:00 AM »
Yup, I agree with the rest, feel like I'm in high school again! By the way, I never noticed anything offensive in your posts, but then again I come from a Corps family, the old man was a Raider in WWII and my brother was in for Nam. Merry Christmas.
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2009, 09:23:00 AM »
did anybody read Curt or Bill's post? the ratings are supposed to be a safety net for the classifieds  :readit:

Offline turkey522

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2009, 09:37:00 AM »
I replyed earlier that I agreed with Shawn,that was based on what Guru said.I've bought,sold and traded with no problems.I believe that's due to the class of people that are members here.Credit goes to Terry,Rob and all the mods for thier hard work to make this site what it is.Merry Christmas to all.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »
I saw the stars, wondered a moment, and went on. Not that I have a lot of time these days, a mailma'am at a snowy Christmas.

I never saw the explanation, must have missed it in the flurry. It would be good to have a rating system for those in the classifieds. Perhaps something that shows up either in the classifieds only or the profile only, with an explanation there and at the voting link.

Well, that mystery has been cleared up, I'll be off to find another. Merry Christmas, all you wonderful folks. Especially those in the service of America. When you hear a siren on the road, or see a police cruiser, an ambulance or fire truck out in the neighborhood, pray for them. I rate them a universe of stars.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Day Dreamer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »
Very well put Coonbait, I second that.

Online Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2009, 11:31:00 AM »
guru's post was concise and to the point.  reread his post if necessary.

anyone wanting to out of the member ratings, no problem!  click on 'my profile', 'edit profile', scroll down and uncheck 'Allow your user rating to be publicly displayed?', click on 'update profile' and yer done.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2009, 11:53:00 AM »
Coonbait said it well. Guru has a very valid point also.

I went from 0 to 5 overnight. What a Christmas surprise and I know it is not to mean much but it was a great gift after being up at 2;30 am to salt the parking lots at my work so people would be able to walk and not fall and to come home and find out that I do have friends.

You have all been great to deal with and I hope to make more friends this new year.

Tim
DEATHMASTER

Online Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2009, 12:02:00 PM »
the member rating system isn't a popularity contest.  it's a tool, at best.  

however, if you do think a 5 star rating means something positive to you and for you, that may be enuf of an incentive to endeavor making sure your online personality befits 5 stars.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2009, 12:18:00 PM »
I follow the tradgang rules on the home page.... i've had lots of disagreements on tradgang , but have chosen to disagree respectfully.. (MERRY CHRISTMAS FOLKS}

You can find this on the homepage..

"Expect to be respected if you decide to join the gang, because the rule of respect is held highest of the few rules that apply. Tradgang.com has a zero tolerance for disrespect directed to anyone. If you want to disagree, then please do so in an adult manner. Debate is healthy, as one sword sharpens another, but it must be done in an honorable fashion"
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Online Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by jacobsladder:
I follow the tradgang rules on the home page.... i've had lots of disagreements on tradgang , but have chosen to disagree respectfully.. (MERRY CHRISTMAS FOLKS}

You can find this on the homepage..

"Expect to be respected if you decide to join the gang, because the rule of respect is held highest of the few rules that apply. Tradgang.com has a zero tolerance for disrespect directed to anyone. If you want to disagree, then please do so in an adult manner. Debate is healthy, as one sword sharpens another, but it must be done in an honorable fashion"
+1    :thumbsup:

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2009, 12:29:00 PM »
Not sure how the system works. If you leave a rating, does that person know who left the rating?
Could it become a revenge war?
John

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2009, 12:36:00 PM »
Respect for others is consistent throughout the site even though they may not think same as you. I like that. Thanks for your service. Merry Christmas Marine to you & your family!
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Online Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2009, 12:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by Cherokee Scout:
Not sure how the system works. If you leave a rating, does that person know who left the rating?
Could it become a revenge war?
members have no access to the mechanics of the rating system - they do not know who rated them, nor the rating value given.

all that you'll know is HOW MANY members rated you and what the aggregate of the ratings means in allocated displayed member RATING STARS.

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2009, 01:03:00 PM »
Thanks you guys I don't sell or trade  on the classifieds, so no need for it to be a personality thing. I just like to inform and get informed.this doesn't stop me from being me! Thanks for the support Guys.I would give you a hug if yall were here.   :campfire:    :archer:    :coffee:
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©