3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Eagles Flight quiver on an SR Swift  (Read 504 times)

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
Eagles Flight quiver on an SR Swift
« on: December 25, 2009, 12:30:00 PM »
I've recently caught my old man making googly eyes towards the bows I have with Eagles Flight quivers on em.  So, for Christmas, I ordered him a copperhead skinned 4 arrow quiver from EF. (He really digs it, by the way. Them copperhead skins go good with the Yew limbs)

Anyway, I broke his Great Plains SR Swift down to put the quiver on it, and I may have run into a problem.

My experience with take down bows is VERY limited, and I'm curious if this looks right to you guys with more experience.

The brass peice is actually epoxied into the limb...I thought it was just a regular washer.
To me, it looks like it'd need another washer below the hex bolt to keep the bolt from pulling thru the leather.  

What do yall think?

Thanks and Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Cameron

Offline Justin Falon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Eagles Flight quiver on an SR Swift
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 12:32:00 PM »
yup!
Hill

Offline Lippe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 01:03:00 PM »
You could probably just use a socket-head cap screw, but I'd use a washer on both sides of the leather with that too. Lippe

Offline Danny J

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 02:37:00 PM »
Stikshooter or Shell can fix you right up. They have already worked thru this. And their antler limb bolts look great on my SR Swift.
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 03:57:00 PM »
Cameron,
  I used to own a Great Plains B model takedown called the Bamboo and the washer wasn't epoxyed to the limbs...Is this something new they're doing? I was just wondering if the washer is made different now cause it looks like he could of had a sleeve machined on the washer to act as a guide post for a more center alignment for the hex bolt....If it isn't built like that I got first dibbs on the invention! Hey if it ain't been invented yet it would keep you from over torqueing the limb bolt and possibly cracking a limb... I got a brother who has his own machine shop and could make one of those I'm sure... Also before you shoot your bow with the new quiver contact Great Plains to see if this is safe on the limbs cause that hex head is designed to put an even load on the washer holding the limbs on...Just looks a little unsafe to me and would hate to see those limbs get distroyed...Better be safe then sorry! God Bless, Keefer's <")))><  :D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 04:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by Keefer:
I was just wondering if the washer is made different now cause it looks like he could of had a sleeve machined on the washer to act as a guide post for a more center alignment for the hex bolt....
Thats exactly how this is, the guide post goes all the way thru the limb.  Its either epoxied in, or else its just a nasty tight fit!

Dad said he's gonna play around with diffrent hexhead bolts and washer combos to try to get it seated safely.

Thanks for all the input guys!

Cameron

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 05:46:00 PM »
Merry Christmas Cam.  Glad the both of you are enjoying your great plains bows.  Ada in July, brother!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 09:05:00 PM »
Thanks Pat! Hope you had a good Christmas. Next summer will be around before you know it!
Cameron

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 06:49:00 AM »
Well Gorilla there go's that invention  :banghead:  Man I'm glad you're going to wait till you try a different bolt but I would call Bill/bob or BillyBob Forman and ask if he epoxied that washer in...It's a good idea to do that but knowing him he put some thought into people wanting to put limb bolt on quivers and just made a tight fit..I would want it under the washer but I also worry about that thickness of the leather making the bolt wobble so to speak...

Offline buckracks7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 11:30:00 AM »
I have seen some of those get stuck on extra tight just from wax. It may come off, but I am not familiar with Great Plains. 3Rivers sells them, and could probably tell you pretty quick.
If it's in your way, move it.

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 02:08:00 PM »
If you/your dad finds a washer that works, make sure you have enough bolt length to attach the limb securely/safely.  In the pix, it looks like placing the quiver bracket and washer above the bezel shortens the working thread length by at least a half inch.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 06:26:00 PM »
Thanks for the input yall..he ended up going with a longer bolt and using a poly bushing I think.  Haven't seen the bow since he mounted it.

He loves the quiver, though!  Big up to EFA!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©