3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: shot my new VPA Terminators!!!!!  (Read 270 times)

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
shot my new VPA Terminators!!!!!
« on: December 26, 2009, 04:56:00 PM »
My daughter gave me some of the 200 gr. VPA Terminators for CHRISTmas. They are the screw-ins and the same weight I have been shooting (125 gr. Snuffers with 75 gr. steel inserts). I am extemely impressed with the flight characteristics. They grouped right with my field points and from what I could tell, the arrow flight was perfect. I didn't "hair test" them for sharpness before shooting the several times into my deer target, but with just a few strokes of the medium, then fine diamond files they were popping hair! I won't make it out to the woods again until New Years Eve and New Years Day, but you can bet they will be in my quiver! Hopefully I will have some real world test results this time next week. Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Zbearclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: shot my new VPA Terminators!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »
You won't be let down by the real world results.

They hit every bit as hard as they look like they will.

I got my first trad deer earlier this month in CA and now am looking for deer and hogs in GA.

Keep us updated on the new year's results, but I already know how well the head performs.

Zeke
Give me a bow a topo and two weeks, and I guarantee I kill two weeks!

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »
I really like mine, pair them up with a Grizzlystik Alaskan and be prepared to fire up the grill  :)
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 05:40:00 PM »
ive got some of the 175 grain terminators...they look great...Has anyone killed anything with the terminators using a 45# bow...i was curious how they performed with the lower weight on deer..thanks.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
Ive shot through both does i shot this year with 175 grain VPA's at 52 pounds. Im sure you should have good results with 45

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 10:38:00 PM »
I bought some 190 glue ons when they first came out.  Haven't shot them at anything with hair, but I am impressed with what I've seen so far.  Love the weight.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Zbearclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 10:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by jacobsladder:
Has anyone killed anything with the terminators using a 45# bow...i was curious how they performed with the lower weight on deer..thanks.
I shoot a Black Widow PSA II #55 @27".  I shot a doe earlier this month, spot and stalk where the doe was about ten feet vertically above me.

The arrow (200gr VPA Terminator in front of a CE Heritage 250 @29")shattered the lower leg just below the elbow on the way through the heart.  

The arrow was broken after the arrow hit the offisde shoulder.  The doe went all of 20yds before being stone dead, fastest kill I have ever seen.

I hunted with compounds for 20 years and for the last 10 have been a gear testing freak and always wondered why someone couldn't come up with a machined cut on contact broadhead.  

I am extremely happy with them and will continue to use them for as long as I hunt...
Give me a bow a topo and two weeks, and I guarantee I kill two weeks!

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 08:34:00 AM »
I suddenly have a new favorite broadhead for whitetails. 3 blades, no whistle, good size (1.25"), precision built and 250 grain.

Killed a mature buck on a 20 yd quartering away shot...got complete penetration through the heaviest part of the opposite shoulder, destroying it. The broadhead was in perfect shape...(and thanks to Bryan for finding it!)

Kevin

Offline Bryan Burkhardt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 08:57:00 AM »
It was one of our tougher bloodtrails...the deer ran a whopping 50 yards!  :)
You can increase your wealth by counting your blessings

Offline ChetterB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 09:06:00 AM »
Hello Mike thanks for sharing, please keep us informed when you are successful with the head on big game. Good luck, Jerry.

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 09:12:00 AM »
I've got 3 250's and think they are a great head!  They sure sharpen easy and fly right.  I only have a week left to try them out on deer, but I am sure they will see some action next season.
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 09:47:00 AM »
I shot this little buck with a 40lb bamboo/osage bow early in the season.Used the 200 screw-in on a gt untralight shaft. (425gns) 17 yard shot and he went 40yards.The arrow was sticking pretty deep in the ground just like always when he walked off.  :D  

....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 10:06:00 AM »
James.... Youve made me a believer !!!   :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Bob Stager

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »
I am hoping to pick some up at Kalamazoo this year.  Bob

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »
Here ya go, a 250 gr. Terminator glue-on though the deer's right shoulder blade and out the ribs behind the left shoulder.  Buck went down in approx. 35 yards.  66 pound 1956 Kodiak Special

Gary Logsdon

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©