3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Warm Up!! at Shawns*UPDATE** pg.9 Lots of bunnies dead!!  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Warm Up!! at Shawns*UPDATE** pg.9 Lots of bunnies dead!!
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »
4 degrees, going to shoot this 14# .308 right now, be back around noon!! Dress light it is awful warm out!! See ya all around 1pm. OOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2010, 05:33:00 PM »
SOOOOOOOO how it go????

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2010, 06:42:00 PM »
It was awesome!! We had 15 guys show up and we hammered the bunnies!! We took right around 100 shots and Curt(Guru) killed 2 and assisted on another. We saw a minimum of 30 rabbits in about 4 hours of hunting. I know I jumped 17 myself thru-out the day!! Guys will be along with stories and pics. shortly! This is a great group of guys and everyone had at least 4 or more shots. Start the stories guys, so we can get everyone pumped for the real deal!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »
Man that sounds like good hunting!
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2010, 07:09:00 PM »
10 or 12 shos myself.No blood drawn, from bunnies anyway,my legs got torn up from the thorns.A lot of fun with a real good crew.Thanks for the invite Shawn.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2010, 07:25:00 PM »
Izzy I don't care if its bunnie blood or Izzy blood......we need pics!!!!!!  :bigsmyl:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »
Curt had the camera and I'm sure will have some great photos. Shawn, Jamie, Izzy, Curt, and Jason (aka Meathead)did a masterful job in setting up the pushes. Shawn is a rabbit Jedi! That guy can telepathically locate a rabbit from a 100 yards. He "jumps" 10 times more rabbits than anyone else. It may have to do with the fact that he is fearless and obviously can't feel pain and there is not a multiflora rose bush he won't dive into.

I got to watch Kevin make a nice shot on a running rabbit, Curt (Guru) impale the old Oryctolagus cuniculus, and I was able to get real lucky and thread a good solid 20 yard shot through some brush and center punched a loping bunny. I then had to leave. I only had 2 shots this afternoon and one of them was on a hairy stump. I could've swore it was a sitting rabbit. The hairy stump does have a nice hole in it now though.

Jamie, I must apologize to you for shooting a rabbit without you nearby to dive on it. I'll stay closer to you next time.

I wish I could've stayed for the dinner and fun conversation afterwards. There were a lot of great guys that I would've loved to have spent some more time with.

Shawn, you did it again my friend! You are an amazing host and a ton of fun to be around. Thanks again to you and Cindy for opening up your home to all of us. My wife wonders why I'm always bleeding when I come home from rabbit hunting and I told her "you should see the other guy"!

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
Oh man, what a hunt. I had six shots that ranged from 'just barely' to 'in the next county'. Just hearing "BUNNNNNNNY!!!" again brought a smile to my face. Not to mention, all the great guys to share the hunt with. And, to top it all off, this was just the warm up.
February can't come fast enough...    :bigsmyl:  

BTW, it almost goes without saying: Shawn and Cindy, thank you again for opening your home to us and making such an amazing event possible. You're both two of the finest people I've ever met...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »
I believe I jump so many bunnies because I have been hunting these same woods and fields for 38 years now. My Dadsat me on the floor of a gun shop way back than and put a single shot 410 in my lap and said if ya can cock it, its yours. Well I had to hold it between my knees and use both thumbs but I got it back. That was my start at bunny hunting and I have been at it ever since, now with a stick and string!! I have been jumping the same brush piles and rose bushes a long time and I guess have just got a knack for it!! I love to put bunnies out for all you guys!! There is not a better bunch anywhere!! OOOHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
That sounds like a heck of a good time.   :thumbsup:

Online glenbo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
Thanks for your hospitality Shawn.I had an absolutly awsome time!I got off three shots but didnt connect.I have never seen more rabbits ever.A great day with great people.Truly a bad day to be a rabbit with Guru on the prowl.Thanks again Shawn.Glen

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2010, 08:58:00 PM »
Sorry I missed it. Thats what happens when you work weekends. Good for you guys/girls..

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »
shawn, first off i want to thank you and cindy for being two of the finest people i've ever had the HONAR to be around.....   :thumbsup:
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2010, 09:27:00 PM »
Hey Gaff, I bet you're sorry you missed the Patriots game! Oh, wait a minute. They forgot to show up for the game as well!  Sorry, I couldn't resist! Although, I'm not looking forward to the Colts having to play Baltimore!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »
Gaff and everyone else who comes ya have to just shoot. I know its tough but if ya don't ya just don't get a shot at all. I have to learn to just keep an arrow nocked when I approach piles. I should of had 20 shots instead of 9 or 10 but today they just kept surprising me. What a blast to watch everyone shooting and Tyler was are only young guy and he had 10 or 12 shots, 4 at one bunny. One of the best moments for me was standing back and hearing from a hundred yards away "Just take your time and pick a spot" than another arrow being loosed that was repeated 3 more times!! OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2010, 09:38:00 PM »
HA HA HA.....way to kick a guy when he's down..

i think there's only one way to fix our football differances.. we go to indiana and bowhunt for whitetails in november.. know anybody with any land there????? LOL    :p    

worth a shot...   :pray:      :rolleyes:  

gaff
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »
I'll have pix in the mornin'...

It was a please fellas...always good to share time with fellow archers doing something we love to do!

Thanx to Shawn and Cindy    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

I'm not sayin' nothin' about the Pats     ;)

J...E...T...S  Jets, Jets, Jets !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
Would just like to thankyou Shawn and Cindy for all you do to put on these hunts and make us feel at home while we're there.Shawn does everything he can,including organizing the "pushes",kicking every potential hiding spot and fighting and bleeding his way thru the nastiest wild rose tangles you've ever seen,to try and get the bunnys moving.Cindy,thanks for opening your home to us again and dinner was delicous and much appreciated.
Congrats to everyone who got a bunny,that goes double for you Curt,and by the looks of it they're still plenty left for "the big hunt."It was cool watching my son take fur off 2 bunnys 2 minutes apart and spending the afternoon with a great bunch of folks.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »
Jeff, thanks for the opportunity to watch you shoot at a charging rabbit, drop the bow after a close miss and try to tackle the wascally rabbit! All the while Bowspirit was in the background just hoping you'd get out of his way so he could shoot! That was funny right thar!

This happened right after another rabbit tried to commit suicide by charging out into a open cut corn field and having 6 or 8 guys cutting down corn stalks! That rabbit looked to be the size of good sized beagle! He's still out there for the "official" bunny hunt!

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2010, 10:05:00 PM »
i still have a smile on my face ... what a blast.
oh, and greg(skpmaster) after handlin that shrew of yours, i think i may have to start lookin into one.. that thing was awesome!!! light as a feather, and fast... ya got me thinkin when you said i could get a 52"er..

gaff
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©