3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Warm Up!! at Shawns*UPDATE** pg.9 Lots of bunnies dead!!  (Read 2487 times)

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Warm Up!! at Shawns*UPDATE** pg.9 Lots of bunnies dead!!
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2010, 10:08:00 PM »
Shawn thanks for the invite today.  Cindy- thank you for putting up with a bunch of what my wife would call a bunch of immature idiots.  The day couldn't have gone better.  Plenty of bunnies, plenty of laughes, plenty of scratches to take home.  Shawn put us in the thick of it.  The big hunt can't come fast enought!

-Matt
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
Terry,it was self defense with that rabbit...we we're face to face at 3ft. but I was glad to give you something to laugh at.Chris had his chance at 'em when he ran across to Jamie and almost ran him over too.   :biglaugh:

Offline Skipmaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »
Today was a blast. Shawn, you and Cindy are the best. Thank you!

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2010, 06:48:00 AM »
Hey Shawn, just wanted to chime in my thanks.  It is really nice of you and Cindy to give up your home, time and hot hunting spots to us.  You guys are really good pepole, can't wait to come up again in February.  Oh yeah and thanks for all the rabbit donations, we'll be having rabbit for dinner tomorrow night.  OOOhYeaahhh
peter Osimanti

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2010, 07:56:00 AM »
First shot of the day at a loping bunny!!
•  

One second we were just walking by...
•  

Next second someone yells BUNNYYYY!!!! As you can see things got serious real quick!
•  

•  

Then one tried to run the gauntlet out into the old corn field...the aftermath....
•  
•  

Working the hedgerow along the air strip...
•  

Further down the hedgerow, a tuff shot on a running bunny...as you can see, it wasn't an easy recovery....
•  
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2010, 08:16:00 AM »
Then Terry, "Indianabowman"(should be Indiana sharp shooter) threaded an arrow thru twenty yards of brush to make a great hit on this bunny...
•  

Three so far...
•  

A couple of the boys had to leave early and miss the late action....
•  

The rabbit valley held a lot of action as usual.
A lot of arrows were sent airborn. I swore hit another bunny as it hopped past...saw it hit, heard it hit....but never saw any evidence, never found the arrow after looking for a bit....

Then while working the hedgerow about 50yds away "Homer" Matt finished off a slow moving bunny. At that point we couldn't tell if it was the one I thought I'd hit. But then on the way to us, he asked...."hey Curt are you shooting pink and purple fletch".....they had found my bloody arrow...mystery solved.

Sorry to say I didn't get a pic of Matt with his bunny    :(  

Then right after that, I had a bunny in front of me that was being shot at by the others. He had no idea I was there so he had stopped in front of me at about 12yds.  I finally saw a tiny opening, and slipped an arrow thru that clipped his head, but didn't kill it...another arrow thru the chest ended it...
•  

•  

What fun!!!!
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Huntrdfk@Work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2010, 09:05:00 AM »
Awesome guys.......just fueling the fire......Terry kill his in the Island of Trees? That guy never gets shut out......  :notworthy:  

David

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »
Pure luck David!

Hey Gaff!  Now that you don't have a team to root for in the football playoffs, I'll throw you some incentive to root for the Colts!  If the Colts win the Super Bowl, I'll take you on at least a 5 day bowhunt on my place in Indiana. All you'll need to do is buy an Indiana non-resident license and meet at my house and I'll drive us there and pay for all the gas, food, and lodging! All I ask is a little enthusiasm for the BEST AFC football team - the COLTS.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »
Gaff, I would think it only fair that you change your avatar to a blue horseshoe. : )

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »
David terry killed his on the 2nd. valley push! We did it a little different today as we did the honeyhole push. We are gonna do that one again at this years JLMBH, I believe Izzy got 6 ormore shots on that one push, I know I literally stepped on 6 rabbits that push. I believe we are gonna pair up on some of these pushes, so one guy can jump and the other shoot. I wonder if anybody will want to walk with me??  :bigsmyl:  I really believe this spot we have only done once in all the years of the hunt will be the very best this year! It is thick and loaded with sign as well as some big bunnies!! What a blast, but I am home as my knees would not let me get out of bed this morning, but I am moving now!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »
Awesome photos Curt and you are a rabbit killing machine!

Thank you very much for posting the photos.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2010, 09:24:00 AM »
Terry, I am a Pittsburg fan but I could be persuaded to love the colts!! I would even buy pay for the gas and all the food and buy your license for a chance at a trip like that! OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2010, 09:55:00 AM »
Shawn, we'll have to put together a rotation signup sheet to walk with you!  Gee, I wonder why the knees are sore??

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »
GO COLTS!!!!!!!!wooohooooo!!!!

oh, and terry if er WHEN they DO win the super bowl.... i would pay the bill..  man, that does sound like a fun trip though hey!!

gaff
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2010, 10:30:00 AM »
You guys may as well forget it....J-E-T-S!!!
Curt } >>--->   

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2010, 10:37:00 AM »
Terry, its fine. Im sure once you hone your skills a bit, you will start making headshots and alleviate the need for a swan dive.  :biglaugh:  

Chris, thanks for picking me up.

I think I got 7 or 8 shots, with one attempted dive on a non-wounded bunny.

I saw two bunnies that were bigger than any I have seen yet...

A great time, great people and outstanding host(bunny whisperer) and hostess. Thanks Shawn, and Cindy.

I think I need to practice some more....I missed some gimme shots.

Cant wait until the hunt!

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  YYYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »
JETS are what you fly in to go to a good hunting destination!  COLTS are what you ride to the Super Bowl!

Shawn, you've earned a trip my friend! We'll talk details! I still think we need your mojo for the Colts to win.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2010, 11:01:00 AM »
Shawn, thanks for the fine offer. I bought a lifetime hunting license in Indiana when I was 16, so no license needed for me. I still own a cabin so lodging is free (the cabin is rough, but my son killed his B&C buck within 100 yards of it). However, from the looks of me you can tell I don't miss many meals!  I wouldn't burden anyone with buying meals for me! I didn't get this fine figure by being a light eater!

Jamie, "head shots"? You have to be thinking of Curt. I'm just a "blind sow"!

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2010, 12:29:00 PM »
I am pumped!! That was an awesome read with great pictures! Thank for for taking us along. I need to hit it again this afternoon. I can tell you it's tough getting after them by yourself. They wear this ole man out running from goal line to goal line..lol I do hate it when some of them cheat and leave the playing field by crossing over the fence into a pasture I don't have permission to hunt.

BTW did any of the guys have hare in their supper?..lol

Thanks again!
God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2010, 12:29:00 PM »
ya know terry, i think luck stopped being a factor about 6 rabbits ago... you outta do some ariels at the bunny hunt and show us what we already know you CAN do. lol

go colts!!! woooohoooo!!!
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©