3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Packs while carrying climber?  (Read 454 times)

Offline Seeza

• Trad Bowhunter
Packs while carrying climber?
« on: December 27, 2009, 08:05:00 AM »
Hi all.  Where I hunt we are limited to climbers due to theft of stands.  I use a LW hand climber and am constantly frustrated about carrying the small amount of essentials with me.  Any ideas?

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Packs while carrying climber?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 08:08:00 AM »
Yep, a good fanny pack pulled around front. Make sure to get one with lashing straps to carry extra clothes in.

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »
I always attached my back pack to the stand, then put the stand on yer back. Nestled in there real good, used the elastic boot strap to hold it tight

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 08:42:00 AM »
I use  wal-mart fanny in the the front, I put a bungy on my LW to tighten it up to keep it quiet and put any clothes in it while going to the tree.

Offline bluegrassbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 08:48:00 AM »
I've carry a backpack strapped to a Lonewolf climber...feels real comfortable carrying this way.have even carried out deboned deer in it with no problems....
"Life,Liberty & the pursue of deer & turkeys."

Offline hunterace

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 09:27:00 AM »
not knowing how much stuff you need to carry exactly, you can hang a back pack on your climber, or use a fanny pack. not the lame ones  :)  i use one i got from cabelas, now i don't need to load up my pockets anymore. i got it years ago and didn't use it much until the last 2 seasons. now i never leave without it. here's the link to the one i got
 http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0006707514265a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&sort=all&Go.y=0&_D%3AhasJS=+& Nty=1&hasJS=true&No=36&Ntt=fanny+packs&N=0&_D%3Asort=+&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1&Go.x=0&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1
A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the rights of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
Genesis 21:20 And God was with the boy as he grew up in the wilderness. He became a skillful archer

Offline barebow17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 10:34:00 AM »
I strap mine to the back,

Offline heartshoth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 12:14:00 PM »
had same concern and switched to Hunter safety system vest with a bunch of pockets rather than a fanny pack and it works great plus you have the benefit of safety
BLACK WIDOW PSR X 2
KEMPF QWYKSTYK  X 2
Zipper SXT

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 12:21:00 PM »
I hang the shoulder carry straps of my back pack over the Lone Wolf  climbing/seat wedge and throw the whole thing on my back.  Usually don't bother wrapping a bungee around the pack to keep it tight to the stand.  I usually have enough stuff in it that the pack rides tight to the stand.

Offline waknstak IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 12:29:00 PM »
I can usually have everything I need in the pocket on my arrowmaster quiver. If I need other items water, snacks, gloves, handwarmers or anything else I use a fanny pack pulled around front. If I take rattling horns I strap em to the stand.
"You can't have NO in your heart"- Joe Dirt

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »
You can put your backpack on the front side (your chest) and then put the treestand on your back. It is a little awkward, but the offsetting weight is actually an advantage in some respects. People who travel around Europe with two backpacks often use this system, and I have done it many times. It is not for going long distances, and you really don't want anything more than a day pack on your chest.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »
I hunt with a Cat Quiver 3 1/2 most of the time and sling my stand over my shoulder like a side quiver would hang by a strap I tried on. Works great for me and it's easier I think to avoid snagging branches this way in the dark.
lll

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »

Offline dpowers311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 04:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by waiting4fall:
Here's how I do it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/W8N4FALL#p/u/24/kNdStKVO5t4  
I do the same.

Dave
Bryan Holley Spirit Longbow
62" 50@28
Timberhawk Falcon
62" 48#@28

Offline randy grider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 07:08:00 PM »
A cheap wal-mart daypack,($8-$10) bungeed to the stand. I don't wear alot of clothes walking to the stand, so I carry them in, then layer as I need it. Prevents sweating, and dampening you're under clothes. I use the same pack even in warm weather. Its way bigger than needed, but weighs little, and mashes down flat. I haul pack and bow up together after getting settled in. Pack never comes off the pull rope, I just tie it to the tree above me where I can access all my gadgets.
its me, against me.
member KTBA,MCFGC,UBK,NRA

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2009, 07:37:00 PM »
Heres a link to one way of doing it.
Looks awful clean.

http://iowawhitetail.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23909&highlight=lone+wolf+badlands
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline hickstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
take the waist belt of my fanny pack and wrap it around the outside of the LW then weave it once under/over the large holes in the platform.  Buckle and snug it up and your done.   I have a sit-n-climb and I shove my cold weather outers inside the slingseat before attaching the pack.  Good as gold.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Offline widow sax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 01:18:00 AM »
I use a phanny pack it rides under my stand and my stand sometimes rides on top or it workes for me.  Widow

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 02:54:00 AM »
I use a large fanny pack.It rides in the front of me.I pull it up above the waiste a few inches and buckle it tight.It holds quite a bit of stuff.Folding saw,pruners,compass,2 flashlights,water,bowrope,safety belt,and a down vest if i need it.has to pockets on the side.One pocket on the front and the large main compartment.I like it.

Offline Dave McDaniel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 05:49:00 AM »
I lash everything to the stand except my bow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©