3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Chemical hand warmers  (Read 678 times)

Offline Ghost Dancer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Chemical hand warmers
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2009, 06:21:00 PM »
I was out hunting yesterday in the cold and heavy wind.  I used one of my hot hands where the neck and shoulders meet, held in place by my neck gaitor.  It made all the difference.

Offline Weasel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2009, 07:22:00 PM »
The Heat Factory & Grabbers work well for me.
I have a free roaming, ranging mind -- sometimes it reports back to me...
---------------------------

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2009, 12:31:00 AM »
I recently found my old metal lighter fuid powered warmer I used when I was a kid. It still works, although a little stinky. But, if the deer is gonna smell that, its gonna smell you so I think the smell is a mute point. I remember one time the little wick cap came off, and it got upside-down in my pocket. The lighter fluid seeped out, and caused a chemical burn on my leg. Other than that, it really cranks ou the heat. I used it a lot while ice fishing.

The chemical warmers that you can stick to your shirt over your kidneys are awesome. As ghost Dancer mentioned, you can also tuck one of the body warmer sized pouches in your collar. It will make a huge difference. I did just that this weekend, I was starting to geta chill, and tossed my heater in my collar on the back of my neck, and in minutes I was very comfortable and warm. It was 20 degrees out, windy and snowing to beat the band.

For cold weather outings, they are great. Nothing ruins a hunt faster than cold toes.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline Arrow Slinga

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2009, 10:07:00 AM »
I think the Grabber brand are the best.When I'm done with a a.m. hunt I put them in a ziplock baggie and cut off the oxygen then they go out. That way I can also get a evening hunt out of them..sometimes more.

Yea Dave I remember those, I think I bought them from ECO Ent.

Offline VA Robinhood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »
I have never had any issues with Hot Hands, Grabber seems to take way to long to heat up for me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©