3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Golden Hawk magnum  (Read 1632 times)

Offline wifishkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
Golden Hawk magnum
« on: January 06, 2007, 10:49:00 PM »
Hey just wondering what you guys think of them.  I got one on the way, I never seen one of these used before lol so i had to have it.  Just wondering if anyone else shoots one.

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Golden Hawk magnum
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 05:25:00 AM »
Adam, My user name should say something. I had a couple of them little bows and loved them both. They were really nice in tight conditions,smooth drawing fairly quick,and deadly quiet. I may have to get another one for giggles.
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline Voodoofire1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 08:17:00 AM »
I had one, I loved it, but it stacked a little at my 30" draw, so I sold it to Marblesonac who proptly went out and bought another, and used it as his go to bow in this years deer season, shot the first ever fall season turkey in Huntington county with it too, and stalked it to boot! I reworked the risers for him as the grip was large, so I took them down a bit and added finger grooves, these little bows impressed me a bunch, but these days as I get older, I get impressed easily, Heck I just get impressed when people keep their word.................Steve
True happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!

Offline wifishkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 12:44:00 PM »
Voodoofire1 I got another package headed your way.  Hope this one makes it here   :knothead:  Let me know I used USPS so will see if they do better then UPS

Offline dorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 02:36:00 PM »
hey voodoofire did you finaly get those blueprints and forms in I know you was waiting a long time for them .
" If I fail trying my hardest did I really fail ? "

Jeff Dorris
11/16/1970 ~ 3/30/2010
Rest In Peace

Offline Stu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 02:40:00 PM »
Had one, sold it recently to a guy here or on SB. A good bow, pretty smooth to 28", a very accurate bow. The new owner loves it and was selling other bows.

Grip is a bit large, but didn't seem to effect how it shot for me. Mine was also a bit noisy, but I didn't take great measures to tame it (and it didn't take much) because I mostly hunted another bow.

Very nice bow for the length.

Offline Marblesonac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 03:37:00 PM »
For the Midwestern hardwoods they are great bows, but like Steve (Voodoofire1) said, the risers are a bit big and klunky.

Once Steve worked his magic on them and modded the risers to fit my hand, I was and am mighty impressed.

These are great for hunting from the ground, a blind or a tree stand.  They will never win a speed contest, but are very stable for such a short bow.

Enjoy.
Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes....

Offline Scott S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »
The thumb rest helps me with consistant hand placement and the overall grip shape allows me to shoot more consistantly than with other bows of the same length (usually short bows are hard to shoot consistantly but the GoldenHawk Mag is an exception).
"The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered." Gen 9:2

Offline Voodoofire1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 04:04:00 PM »
Nope never did, ya got any vaseline?
True happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!

Offline dorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 04:07:00 PM »
yeah I can get you some I hate it when someone dont live up to there word . I got screwed over with some bow strings and cables . I know the feeling .
" If I fail trying my hardest did I really fail ? "

Jeff Dorris
11/16/1970 ~ 3/30/2010
Rest In Peace

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©