3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 1-piece vs 3-piece accuracy  (Read 205 times)

Offline free2bow

• Trad Bowhunter
1-piece vs 3-piece accuracy
« on: December 26, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »
I read many times that a 3-piece is inherently more stable in the hand than a lighter 1-piece.
Which one do you tend to shoot better -with more accuracy, and why?

Offline mikieg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 1-piece vs 3-piece accuracy
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 10:00:00 PM »
seems like the trend is toward takedown designs. however before there were take downs, everything was only one piece. i'd be hard pressed to see how it could be scientificly proven one is better than the other. maybe the experts need to weigh in.

Offline Don Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 10:20:00 PM »
I definitely shoot a heavier mass weight bow better,but I tend to hold on target for about 4 seconds and the extra weight keeps the bow more steady-for me.
A point and shoot type of style-it probably does not matter as much.
It is not so much a 1 piece versus 3 piece-it is the mass weight,usually in the riser, that makes the difference.
Don

Offline Big Bird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 11:29:00 PM »
I do not see where one shoots better than the other my self. but I prefer to shoot the one piece bows.I don't like the extra mass wieght you get with 3 piece take downs.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 02:13:00 AM »
I have to agree that it would be tough to prove one more accurate than the other. If you mounted them in a bow firing system, they would both be robinhooding arrows at 20 yards.  

As for how well an individual shoots them, that would be subjective to each individual.  

I prefer lighter bows.  I often hike long miles and steep country to hunt elk.  I tend to shoot a lighter bow better after climbing up and down hills.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline mikieg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 02:36:00 AM »
i have a black widow psax. and i have to admit, when i first got it, i thought this little girl has had a couple twinkies too many! but now i have adapted to it. not sure if it is more accurate because of the weight. i am a very poor shot. but it is truely dead in the hand!

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 10:33:00 AM »
I agree that both bows are equaly accurate, But the 3 peice that has more mass weight in the handle will help keep your bow arm steady and that will help you be more accurate. But it don't do it by itself you have to hold your arm steady the extra weight just makes it just a little easier

Offline dragon rider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 05:55:00 PM »
When I went to his school this summer I asked Rick Welch that question.  His answer was basically what Howler said.  Many people, but certainly not all, find it easier to hold a bow with more weight in the riser steady.  But, ultimately, you still have to execute the shot.
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons; people are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline graysquirrel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 07:19:00 PM »
for "most" people, the extra mass weight of the 3 piece helps in preventing jerking the bow arm.

Single piece shooters make their lighter bows more stable by adding arrowquivers full of arrows to help with this
Bob L

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©