3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Heated Bow Grip?  (Read 286 times)

Offline Lone archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Heated Bow Grip?
« on: December 28, 2009, 03:04:00 PM »
I hate to wear gloves, so I keep my hands in my pockets with handwarmers. But when you need to take them out and hold your bow because deer are moving your way they get cold real fast espicially with alittle breeze and the temps are in the teens.

So does anyone know of a heated wrap for the grip possibly powered by a small battery?

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Heated Bow Grip?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 03:09:00 PM »
No, but I imagine you could manufacture one yourself out of the ones that go into ski boots. Do I hear a patent pending idea?!   :thumbsup:    :D
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »
There are electrically heated grips available.  But if it matters too you, you will not be able to enter an animal into P&Y if you have one.  Also check state law concerning the use of electronics on a bow or arrow.  Washington state used to have one.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Tater 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 03:23:00 PM »
I kept hitting the extension cord with my limb tip!!
                   :biglaugh:  

Come on now a heated bow grip????
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
PBS Associate
Colorado Bowhunters Association

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 03:38:00 PM »
Do you hate having things on your hands in general or just gloves?  You may try the mittens that fold over and have fingerless gloves under the mit.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 03:43:00 PM »
Thin glove liners do it for me. I can shoot with my tab as if I am shooting with a "naked" hand.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Online Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 04:01:00 PM »
Koplin made a bow mitt years ago for your bow hand. If you google bow mitt one will come up in an auction with pictures of the mitt.

I use military wool gloves and a hand warmer.
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 04:20:00 PM »
Maybe you could get Red Green to make one for you.  Duct tape, the handy man's secret weapon; if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.  8^).

Offline Traxx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 05:29:00 PM »
Heated Bow Grips?LOL
Are you serious!!!!!!
Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye. Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark.

Offline Fishnhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »
FWIW I've been using a very thin liner type under armor knock off glove that has a small hidden pocket on the inside to hold a chemical hand warmer.
The pocket places the hand warmer up against the back of your hand. I got the gloves at bass pro for $9.99.  They're called RedHead® Rut Zone Big Game Gloves for Men.  
So far the coldest Ive hunted w/ em this year was 21 degrees and they worked well. The glove is thin enough to wear under my damascus glove.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 07:02:00 PM »
I wear military kevlar flight gloves underneath wool fishermens gloves without the finger tips and the mitten pull over.  I stick a hand warmer between the two gloves on the back of each hand.  Keeps my hands nice and warm.  

Then again the coldest temperature I have seen this year is 9 degrees farenheit, and that is really cold around these parts.  Normally I am hunting in 25 to 40 degree weather.  I don't bother with a tab in cold weather, the flight gloves have leather palms and finger bases that work as a tab.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline blind one

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by George D. Stout:
Maybe you could get Red Green to make one for you.  Duct tape, the handy man's secret weapon; if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.  8^).
:biglaugh:  We watch Red every saturday.....

You might be able to get one of them battery operated socks on there somehow....Roy
"To die is nothing. One is here, One is no longer here. It is only at the end one must be able to say 'I was a man'"...

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 07:46:00 PM »
You guys are crazy!! lol

here is what I was talking about.

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5934267/description.html

Mike
Mike Westvang

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 08:42:00 PM »
I've thought about taking a thick knit cap and threading a tie wrap at the opening and securing it to the top of the grip and then doing the same at the other end of the opening at the bottom of the grip.  You could put a handwarmer in it.  I was on stand today for a few hours and had deer around me just out of range.  I like light gloves, so even with temps around 32 degrees and 15 mph winds my bowhand was freezing.  Not as much of a problem when stillhunting.

Offline Lone archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 08:42:00 PM »
Never heard of Red Green.

Staying warm before the shot is not the problem I just don't like shooting with any type of glove on my hand. My hands sweat some with gloves with or without hand warmers so when you take the gloves off or take them out of my pockets the sweat cools them real fast. I had a nice rack buck at fifty yards with some alert does for over a half hour the last day of the season I ended up shooting one of the does. But my fingers felt like they were going to crack off! Just wished I had a heated bow grip! The #$%^ P&Y.

Wingnut that's what I'm looking for I've seen them on compound bow handles years ago. But I'm looking for more of a wrap.  :campfire:  

Rob

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
Im not even gonna try this one.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2009, 12:18:00 AM »
Never heard of Red Green?? but yet you try and Red Green your Bow ,,yes indeed if the Woman don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy!!you could allways duct tape some battery powered socks to your bow grip
Gord

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 06:05:00 AM »
Looks like Wingnut has put some thought into this.
   Whats the matter Mike? Them chilly TEXAS temps getting to ya?
   Clay Walker, nine degrees is COLD! here also.
Have a safe and Blessed New Year guys. I got me a big fat doe last night and I'm gonna git after the yote's today. 22degrees and 20-30mph winds. we will work for em if we get em.
Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2009, 08:01:00 AM »
Actually, back in the day when we were writing the bowhunting regs for Washington State this came up.  They ended up saying no electronics on bow or arrow and we were stuck with cold hands forever.  LOL

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 10:19:00 AM »
OK, first you need a magnesium riser, a set of jumper cables, and a pair of 12 V tractor batteries in a backpack...

...And some gauze, antiseptic burn cream, and a case of Aleve...

Well... it seemed like a good idea at the beginning!  :rolleyes:  

Daryl
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©