3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BW sickness!!!  (Read 885 times)

Online ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: BW sickness!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2009, 08:45:00 AM »
I set my PAII up according to the BW instructions (brace height and spider silencer placement) and couldn't be happier.  It is very quiet.  Oh, sounds like you have been bitten and have the disease!
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2009, 08:56:00 AM »
4 Widders in 10 years???  Rookie.  

I know guys who have that many in a single month.  :biglaugh:
Otto

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 09:21:00 AM »
MSG is a preservative 8^).  Maybe we should rub some on our own skin.    :p

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 09:52:00 AM »
I've been shooting SA models for 13 years.  Woolie whispers and a 650 grain arrow make a pretty quiet and effective bow.

You better order 2 this time.  ;)
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2009, 10:01:00 AM »
My PTFX is quiet with wooly whispers, limbsavers at the fades, the right brace height (8 5/8" for me).  I have found that the whispers at .25% down from the top and .25% up from the botton work the best for me.
Mel Riley

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »
I don't clam to be a BW expert I have only owned a few but my last BW a PSA-X shoot like a dream accuracy wise and the draw was so smooth it felt 5-10lbs lighter than it was. On noise I tossed that factory string in the trash and went to 8 strand D-97 and 10 strand 8125 thin strings with wool puffs cut the noise way down and picked up about 6 FPS through my Chrony. Now I say its average for a recurve and never had any issues this past year with deer,hogs,turkey jumping string. I sold my PSA-X yesterday mainly for one reason that being I ordered a BW 54" PCH-X the new short 3 piece takedown recurve BW has coming out this year. I am just a 54" bow kind of guy 75% of my bows are that length. I will say I think that BW PSA I just sold was the hardest bow for me to sell the last few years it just shot so good it was hard packing it up last night to mail off this morning.

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 11:04:00 AM »
I am with 'Steel' on the PCH.  If you like shorter bows, but longer limbs, this could be a good combo for you.
I just ordered a 58".  That way I have the same length limbs as my 60" bows.  The riser is just 2" shorter, and the sight window is 1" shorter.
Can't tell you how or if this will affect the noise, but I will let you know in about 10 weeks.
Ken Thornhill

Online ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
There is a PCH for sale right now in the trad bow section.  Looks real nice!
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline ChetterB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 05:52:00 PM »
String Cutter nice thread -- I have had two take down MA models they shot excellent & yes a little loud. Have a PSA take down on the way and thanks to this thread I will have even more things to try to quiet it down. Thanks again Jerry.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 07:17:00 PM »
I`ve had MA`s and SA`s and a PL. I`m hoping to trade the pl for anothe widder recurve.....I love them all specialy the ma`s.RC

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
Easiest way to silence  that Rare  noisey Widow.   :(   Call or e-mail Pierre Lucas @ SBD Strings.   :thumbsup:

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »
they are a dis-ease  for sure...  I've had 4.. got pl now and love the bow....
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline D.T.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
I just spent the better part of this fall hunting with the new PCH "X" 56". See "Back to back in West Texas" Highlights 2009 and there's a hog or two that didn't make it in the photos. You will not find a short bow with better manners period! The PCH is slimmer in profile, lighter in hand, smooth to 29+" very stable everything the bigger Widows are in a very compact hunting recurve. The boys in Nixa are about to get very busy filling orders for PCH's.

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2009, 08:51:00 PM »
Like MRD said. Skinny string, though I dont know the strand count on mine I am sure it is more than 6. Use the spider silencers placed closer to the limb tips than you think they should be. And a little heavy on the arrows. My PSAV is as quite as any recurve I have ever shot.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2009, 10:07:00 AM »
Has anyone tried the "low grip" on a PSA??? OMG!! I'm doin it again... I just know I will order another??? Maybe I should just get on the list for one of those pretty Blacktails?? Atleast I would have to slow down to 15 months between bows??  :knothead:
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline BadKarma

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »
It's not the MSG, it's the silent partner, RUFFLES!
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.

May Thors Hammer ring in your favor!

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »
They listed the new PCH on the website.  They woulda had a sale if they coulda squeeezed 28" draw out of the 54" model!
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2009, 04:11:00 PM »
Can't wait 'til I can afford one of those bad boys myself! It is very sweet looking bow and I like the compactness of it. Ohhhhhh, what can I sell!   :D
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline oddan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »
Can you see longbow limbs on that riser next year. Them Missouri boys are always thinkin. LOL
Out Door Dan

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »
Longbow limbs Oh buddy look out I would be ordering some of those if it happened.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©