3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hogs in Kentucky  (Read 226 times)

Offline Lupe

• Trad Bowhunter
Hogs in Kentucky
« on: December 28, 2009, 10:10:00 PM »
I was wondering if anyone knew where a guy could go kill some hogs on kentucky for a reasonable sum on a limted amount of money. Hopefully northern Kentucky. Thanks alot
Lupe
Lupe
Voodoo stik
Black Swamp

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hogs in Kentucky
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
Not easy done, not that many here. I am going to Texas in a few weeks. The terrain is stragiht up and down, rugged cliffs, ivy thickets, TAAALLL mountains. Only people who have killed them around here have just lucked on them, usualy during gun season, or folks who live in the areas where they are. I have buddy who runs triathlons, tried several times around Peters Mountain, MrCreary County, saw one  hog without a shot. Hardest hunting he ever done, quit after 6 days, daylight to dark. And he is a great hunter, period, with bow, ML or rifle. Just thoughT I would chime in withsome honest feedback. If the hunt you are talking about existed here, fair chase, I wouldnt be going to Texas to hunt them.
samuel koger

Offline Lupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 10:29:00 PM »
thanks just trying to see wear i can have some fun...i live in monticeelo indiana haha fun stuff thanks
Lupe
Voodoo stik
Black Swamp

Offline bluegrassbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 10:30:00 PM »
Sam is right...I aint saying it can't be done(because of the numbers & terrain) but if you do you better stop & buy a lottery ticket on your way back home "Cause It's Your Day"..
"Life,Liberty & the pursue of deer & turkeys."

Offline Lupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 10:33:00 PM »
okay i guess a little boys dream goes up in smoke haha thanks
Lupe
Voodoo stik
Black Swamp

Offline Jerry Ragle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 08:23:00 AM »
ive heard tales of hogs at land between the lakes we go there 2 or 3 times a year hunting and i have never saw a track

Offline Marvin M.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 08:30:00 AM »
Hunted LBL a lot in the mid 90's.  Never saw a hog or any identifiable sign of one.

I was drawn for the quota hunt at Fort Knox this year and they told us the area we drew had had some sightings, but again, no hogs seen or identifiable sign found.

I hear rumors of hogs a lot, but I've never talked to anyone that has actually seen one.  There just isn't a huntable population of them anywhere in the state.

As stated above, occaisionally someone will luck up on one, but it's rare.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 08:34:00 AM »
DAng I'm having the same problem hunting moose in Texas.  Nothing but rumor, huntings good but still haven't seen one.  LOL

My dad told me one time to not spend quite as much time hunting where the aren't and more time hunting where they are.

LOL

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline briarjumper12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »
No hogs around here in Whitley county.  I am all over the place and have never seen any.  I guy who I go to church with killed one in Rose's Creek about 8 yrs ago.  It got hold of his coon dogs and killed a couple of them before he could get to it.  It must have wandered in from somewhere.  
We are getting bear around here though.  I saw pic from my buddy's trail cam showing a BIG black bear tearing up his feeder.  That's just about a mile from my house.  
"Honey, put the kids up, will ya!"
Blessed be the Lord my strength; which teacheth my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©