3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Asbell pullovers  (Read 682 times)

Offline moose eye levi

• Trad Bowhunter
Asbell pullovers
« on: December 29, 2009, 10:26:00 AM »
Can I get some input on how the Asbell pullovers fit I'm 6' 210ish I'm just not sure what size to order med. lg. or xlg. any input is epriciated thanks.
>>-->Levi Arnold<--<<

Offline Danny J

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Asbell pullovers
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »
I would email Teresa Asbell and ask her.
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Offline Crash

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »
I've heard that the best way is to call Teresa and she will fix you up.  Might want to think about a slightly larger size for layering underneath.  I've had my eye on one and may have to go ahead and pull the trigger.
"Instinctive archery is all about possibilities.  Mechanist archery is all about alternatives. "  Dean Torges

Offline rooster77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 11:51:00 AM »
I have the vest and shirt both with hoods. Very well made and love them.
All America lies at the end of the wilderness road, and our past is not a dead past, but still lives in us.  "Lonesome Dove"

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »
I'm 6 feet tall, weigh 225 and the XL fits me perfectly with a bit of room for layering.  I would not suggest you go any smaller than that.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Weasel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 12:29:00 PM »
I just talked to Teresa a few days ago. I concur with David based on that conversation. I'm 5'11" & 190# and she recommended a large.

Jerry
I have a free roaming, ranging mind -- sometimes it reports back to me...
---------------------------

Offline rabbitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 12:31:00 PM »
The Asbells are usually at Kzoo, which is coming up in a few weeks. Show up there and you can try them on before purchasing. I'm going to be looking for one myself...unless I can talk Dave out of his.  :bigsmyl:

Offline EricW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 02:08:00 PM »
Just talked to Teresa last night. They are getting ready to head for Florida in a couple days. Great people. I am 6-3 and 300lbs. Just ordered a xxl. Should be here in a day or two. I will post how it fits if I remember.

Offline LBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »
Hey Dick you had better wait for the show that xl might be a little snug,  YOUR buddy MIKE
Life is tough,it's even tougher if you are stupid. SEMPER FI (63-67)

Offline moose eye levi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 07:39:00 PM »
Thanks all but yeah I reckin I oughta call them and ask if I might need big or extra big
>>-->Levi Arnold<--<<

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 08:16:00 PM »
Rabbitman, you must know by now that that would be impossible   "[dntthnk]"  My best buddy Will can't even do that ya' know.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »
I'm 6' and 190lbs and am usually right between a large and x-large. The large is plenty big for me (long sleeves) and I have some room for a sweater under it if I want, but nothing else. If you want more room order the x-large. Teressa is great to deal with and I had emailed her about the size prior to ordering - she was spot on - go figure

Offline RLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 01:14:00 AM »
Do any of you guys know what oz. wool material these garments are made of? I'm trying to get an idea of how heavy they are. If not I'll call and find out.

Offline moose eye levi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »
post it on here when you find out please
>>-->Levi Arnold<--<<

Offline darb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 12:50:00 PM »
RLA, MILevi,
After buying two of the pullovers, the answer is call.  The different wool patterns are different weights as I found out when I got mine.  Mrs. Asbell can tell you what each are. One of the pullovers was a little lighter than I would have preferred, but still good for the money and as long as it was used as a layer would still function as intended.

Offline hunterbob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 05:27:00 PM »
I just got the new wool pullover from Teresa with the hood to go along with it in timber ghost and I love it I also have just a pullover I ordered from Teresa just before deer season this year I am just alittle over 6 feet tall and 265 pounds and xxl fits me perfect and I can layer stuff under them.and as darb said the different wool patterns has different thickness but not a whole lot.wool is my new camo.do yourself a favor and get to ordering one.once you do you will be hooked and ordering more.
robert quetot

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »
RLA the Timber Ghost (grey) is 18 oz and the other patterns are 24-26 oz i believe that's what she told me.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
RLA the Timber Ghost (grey) is 18 oz and the other patterns are 24-26 oz i believe that's what she told me.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 11:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by RLA:
Do any of you guys know what oz. wool material these garments are made of? I'm trying to get an idea of how heavy they are. If not I'll call and find out.
I ordered one last week over the phone with Teresa, she said the Brown wool is the heaviest, then the grey is second heaviest! I believe she said the brown is 29oz and the solid grey is 26oz.... I wanted the timber ghost but wasn't a heavy weight!

by the way, I ordered mine a 2 days before christmas, she had to sew mine up and it got shipped this AM, great service if you ask me!

They head to Florida on the 6th.... get your order in asap!!!!!!!!!
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline RLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 12:59:00 AM »