3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Asbell pullovers  (Read 684 times)

Offline unregistered

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Asbell pullovers
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009, 02:05:00 AM »
Just ordered mine today, a large in olive drab vest. Had to save up 547 bottles n cans to do it and I think it will be worth every hour spent pickin.

Offline Near Miss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 11:04:00 AM »
I just got my pullover shirt from Teresa yesterday.  I am 6' 220lbs. (including recently acquired "Christmas weight") and the XL fits me perfectly.  When the Christmas weight is lost, there will be more than enough room for layering.

Offline EricW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 12:04:00 PM »
Ordered a mackinaw in timber ghost. Will pick it up from the post office today. Can't wait to see how it fits.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »
Oh, shoot!  I just got my Timber Ghost mackinaw and didn't know they were different weights--would have ordered something heavier had I known.  Now you tell me!  I ordered on line.  She needs to put this information on the web site before others find out the hard way    :(
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline KumaSan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2009, 01:16:00 PM »
This is an interesting thread, because I was thinking of getting a pull-over and sizing is usually an issue.

Offline MadDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2009, 02:04:00 PM »
I recently got the XL & it was to small, I'm @ 5'8" & 200# so I reordered a XXL

Offline bama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2009, 02:18:00 PM »
I'm 6" 185 and the large fits fine.

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »
I love mine!  Teresa makes a great shirt. I'm about 5' 10.5"s at 188#s and I got the XL. Fits exactly how I like.

Offline Weasel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2009, 03:37:00 PM »
I should get mine this coming Saturday or Monday. I'll let you know the fit.  Brown Plaid. If it's too small I'll ship it back or sell it here.

Jerry
I have a free roaming, ranging mind -- sometimes it reports back to me...
---------------------------

Online Preston Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 06:23:00 PM »
Got a pullover for christmas. Iam 5'11" 200# and the large fit great. Its cut loose so theres plenty of room for clothes underneath. A great value Iam suprised that they arent much higher in price.

Offline EricW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2009, 07:10:00 PM »
Just got home from picking mine up. Ordered XXL mackinaw in timber ghost. I'm 6-3 300lbs. Fits good. Can get layers on under it. Had a tshirt and fleece pull over on when I tried it on. Still room. Would have been nicer to get a little heavier weight wool but this will work just fine.

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2009, 10:20:00 PM »
I ordered the mackinaw in the green and a hooded vest in the timber ghost on Monday. I'm 5'11" 240lbs. and I ordered them in the xxl. Woal always sizes small on me. Can't wait till they get here! I didn't know about the different weights on the wool. It would of helped on my selection of what I ordered. I'll let you know what I think in a couple of day.
  GLENN

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
Wow, Maddog, I'm 6' and 230# and the XL fits me perfectly!  You must really like some space   ;)
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Papa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2010, 10:54:00 PM »
Where can you see pictures of these pullovers?

Offline Junglecat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2010, 11:02:00 PM »
Go to the top of this page and find where it says sponsors list.Click and scroll down and find G.Fred Asbell.That will bring up his site.On the menu look for "Pullovers".

Also you may be able to find it by just going to the top of the page and sometimes Freds books,dvds,etc show up there in an ad on the top left of the page.
Bear Grizzly 58"        38 lbs@29"
Black Widow PCH III 60" 44 lb@29"
Black Widow PLX 62"     45 lb@28"
Kentuckian Flatbow  60" 55 lb@28"

Offline RLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2010, 01:05:00 AM »
I ordered one of the brown pullovers. I went with the brown wool because it's the heaviest. You cant argue with the prices, I hope it fits me.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »
Well, I guess I need to take back what I said in the above post regarding size.  I had ordered the mackinaw in Timber Ghost only to later find out that it is the lightest weight wool these come in.  I called Teresa and spoke with her about it which I should have done in the first place but I just like to order on line when I can.  She very graciously sent me another out in the heavier green color which arrived today--same size but I can hardly get this one on.  The sleeves are very tight so my hands barely get through them and no room for layering in this one.  I really don't want to send another one back trying to get the right weight and right size so not sure what to do--don't want to appear hard to please.  Wish I could have tried them on and picked what worked for me as it is really a great garment....Dave .
     :confused:

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2010, 04:56:00 PM »
Pardon me but what distiguishes the mackinaw from the other pullovers available? The shirts look great. Looks like I'll need to order a 2XL. This is at the top of my 2010 wish list. Course the below freezing tempertures outside are helping to point out how badly I need one.  :banghead:

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »
The mackinaw is like the regular pullover but also has the separate cape/hood that pulls on over the top--it fits under your arms and covers your upper chest and head.

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2010, 07:27:00 PM »
Ordered the mackinaw and a vest on Dec. 28th and still haven't received them? Paypal shows that they weren't shipped out until Jan. 3rd. Our late archery season ends on Saturday. I was hoping to try it out by then. Oh well.
GLENN

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©