3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: String Material Question  (Read 139 times)

Offline 8leg-lover

• Trad Bowhunter
String Material Question
« on: December 29, 2009, 12:07:00 PM »
My longbows and recurves all have fast flight strings. Since they are built to handle this type of material ,can they handle the other materials such as TS-1 and 452 X. My father builds custom strings for compounds and has a great setup for string making in his shop. I'm wanting to start experimenting with these newer low stretch materials with my trad bows. I just don't want to hurt them.

Thanks,Carl
Carl Kossuth

"Currently shooting whatever strikes my fancy"

"PERFECT practice makes perfect"

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: String Material Question
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 12:56:00 PM »
If they are built for FF type strings,any of the newer FF type strings will be fine.I shoot D97,450+ and 8125 in low strand counts with no problem.I have been shooting 8 strand D97 on my bows 58# and under,they are quieter then when using 12 strands.I been using 6 strand 450+ on a couple of bows,450+ makes a pretty quiet string too.D97 is the least expensive I've found of the newer strings.Just got the 8125,but haven't played with it yet,but soon.I do pad my loop ends on my low strand count strings.I feel it makes the string a larger diameter to better fill the strings grooves and helps to quieten the bow.

Offline freefeet

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: String Material Question
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 06:16:00 PM »
Just remember to pad the loops out to the recommended strand count.     ;)
Shoes are a tax on walking...

...free your feet, your mind will follow!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©