3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Once Upon a Tine....tic toc, tic toc....  (Read 372 times)

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
Once Upon a Tine....tic toc, tic toc....
« on: December 29, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »
Hi all, I just saw on the thread "Incredible two days of big bucks" that Barry was expecting his books to be arrive yesterday and had the envelopes all filled out ready to go!!!

Who'd gonna be the first to get their paws on their copy????

I can't wait!
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Online shoes

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Once Upon a Tine....tic toc, tic toc....
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »
Me, me I hope its meeeeeeee!
Dreams are made taller than we are.  Never stop reaching!
WTA member

Online Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 10:12:00 PM »
Please see an above thread for the latest update. My new book is in transit to me as we speak. I really want to thank everyone for their patience and understanding. I especially appreciate those people who ordered books as Christmas gifts and they didn't make it on time. My most sincere apologies. Thanks again. Happy New Year to all. BW

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
Barry, will you be bringing a few copiesto TX with you next month? If so, I'll grab a copy there. S'pose I'd best have one of Gene's too. Don't want him feeling left out & putting me on a bad stand  ;)   :D
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Iron

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 10:24:00 PM »
I just have to say how cool this site is, Barry Wensel posts here..i have a video where you guys were shooting ballons at 100 yds..i was really thinking how cool it was and wondering if i could ever get that good.....then you showed the bb guns...ha ha !  anyway sorry, just had to share that.

Jason
"It is what it is,improvise, adapt, and get it done!"

Hunter's moon 49@28"
1973 Kodiak Hunter 55#@28"
1970 Kodiak Hunter 50#@28"
1970 Super Kodiak 45#@28"
1965 Kodiak magnum 47#@28"

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 10:43:00 PM »
Hi Barry!  Don't apologize, I'm not trying to sound like you done anything wrong.  I totally understand that you had problems with the publisher and made them redo everything so it would be right.  I just read on another thread where you said you had a scheduled arrival date of Dec. 28th and that got me all fired up wanting to read your book.  It's like waiting on a new bow.... The bowyer gives a date and when it gets close ya start chompin' at the bit, looking out the window and expecting a long skinny box on your doorstep.  It's the grownup version of waiting on Christmas!
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline Justin Falon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 11:08:00 PM »
I got Gene's book and finished reading it in about a day.  Much updated information that is very helpful!!  I think everybody who ordered a book from you Barry, understands the delay.  I know I do.  I am sure it will be another Wensel masterpiece.  Patience puts no price tag on that.....

justin
Hill

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 11:14:00 PM »
Barry,

Having to wait ALL THESE YEARS for you to write your FIRST book.......makes these few short weeks kinda like a "blink of an eye".

We all know that you have enough stories left in you to write a "chronicle"......of books.

Have you started on your next......in the series yet???   :D    :notworthy:    :goldtooth:  

I'm sure that it will be well worth the wait.

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Online Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 12:44:00 AM »
Winterhawk: Funny you said that. I sent in a new whitetail article a couple weeks ago for publication in an upcoming PBS magazine. PBS Editor Jack Smith was stroking my ego about it (I think he does that since it makes his job easier..ha!) I jokingly said something about making it a chapter in my next book. You're right though, I haven't even scratched the surface on good stories. That's one of my biggest concerns with this book. Although all the tales are true, I know there will be people who doubt this much stuff has happened to one guy. But when you think about how much time I've spent in the woods for so many years, stuff happens because of nothing more than a sheer saturation factor. We'll see. bw

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 07:34:00 AM »
:thumbsup:  I can't wait to check out this book!!  It should be a great read!!
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 07:48:00 AM »
Barry....I'd like to go ahead and preorder the series....could I get a discount on ordering early? LOL Really looking forward to getting yours, I know it will be worth the wait...don't sweat it we all understand!
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 08:26:00 AM »
Nothing wrong with waiting 'til it's right Barry. Take it from someone who's been in the print industry for 25 years. I can remember when we were worried about making a 2 week turn around. Now we are 100% digital and print on demand. Speed is the name of the game now. Much as we try, mistakes get made, and then they need to be taken care of pronto. It's best that the final customer gets what they pay for. It will be worth the wait. I'm going to try and get started on Mike's book this weekend.
Got wood? - Tom

Online Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »
This is pretty frustrating. The trucking company told me the books would be delivered in Iowa today (12/30). This morning I call the trucking company via the tracking number and they now tell me the shipment is in Rock Island, IL. It was transferred to a second shipper and  scheduled for delivery in Iowa on Jan. 5th! I went ballistic. To appease me they finally rescheduled delivery here on Monday Jan. 4th. They said they couldn't do better because tomorrow is New Year's eve, Friday New Year's Day, Saturday and Sunday the weekend, etc., etc. I even inquired about driving to Rock Island myself to pick up the shipment. She asked if I had a truck that would hold four tons of books, then said "oh never mind, we'll be closed anyway." Sorry folks, mu apologies. Very frustrating. BW

Offline SMA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 11:38:00 AM »
No Problem Barry. I'll just read Genes book again while I'm waiting. I think the wait will be well worth it.

Offline Craig Schoneberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 12:21:00 PM »
Like SMA said, 'no problem' on this end - know the book is going to be worth the wait.  Gene's book was a hit with my daughter and son-in-law in Nevada.  Told them the 'other half' of the gift will be on it's way after the first of the year.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member
Nebraska Bowhunters Association Life Member
Nebraska Traditional Archers Life Member
Traditional Archers of Nevada Founding Member
Colorado Traditional Archers Society

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 12:38:00 PM »
No worries Uncle Barry!!  I can understand your frustration but life is to short to get to worked up over things that are out of our control.  I know it will be well worth the wait!!   :thumbsup:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Kevin Winkler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 12:49:00 PM »
I'm just glad that they will soon be here!
Once my book arrives my wife will accuse me of loving Barry more than her, just because I will be spending so much time reading the book.

Thanks ahead of time Barry!
PBS Associate, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Life Member, WI Traditional Archers
Life Member, WI Bowhunters Association

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 06:23:00 AM »
Come on Barry you're pulling their legs...Ya know them books are sitting in your Garage ready to be shipped...You just don't want to lick all them postal stamps and ruin that tongue of yours cause then you can't tell any more storys for a while...Besides ain't you the best story teller of all time?    :biglaugh:

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 07:41:00 AM »
Dang Barry! If I had a big enough truck, I'd go get them for ya. That's just 'cross town a bit!
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Bryan Burkhardt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 08:12:00 AM »
Barry,

Sounds like you're having as much trouble getting your books as I was getting my moose meat back from Alaska!

No worries though...I've told my Dad that it will be an "early" Christmas present for next year   :biglaugh:  

Bryan
You can increase your wealth by counting your blessings

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©