3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Florida Hunting Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 191 times)

Offline stringmusic

• Trad Bowhunter
Florida Hunting Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: December 30, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »
Hi everyone,

So I have moved to the sunshine state and am enjoying the great fishing opportunities.  However, my hunting spirit is dying a little everyday.  Does anyone here have experience hunting in central Florida?  I live in Orlando and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.  

Thanks!

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Florida Hunting Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 03:10:00 PM »
Ocala National Forest is somewhat close by. I don't have any personal experience there but know its a bunch of woods.I grew up hunting green swamp and  richloam, citrus and croom wmas

Check out the Florida fish and game site for wildlife management areas nearby.
Back Tension BEFORE Back Strap !

Offline ScooterB3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 04:25:00 PM »
String,
  I am in the same boat.  I have been in O town since 93...My Hunting spirit actualy died one day...but came back a few years ago.  Anyway most people in Florida hunt in GA, Ala etc....I drive to S.C.  There are some WMAs around but hunting can be tuff.  The closest is Bull Creek.  Hunted it a few times no luck.  I "plan" on spending some off time in Bull Creek trying to learn it for next year and maybe chase some squirrels and hogs??

Offline Slasher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 04:25:00 PM »
I am from the North Florida originally... Big bend, Ocala National Forest, and don't forget to look at the Northern counties...
Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.
                                        ~Zig Ziglar~

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 05:15:00 PM »
Check out the WMA's. When my mom lived in florida I hunted citrus and jumper creek and saw game most days. I was a newbie then and didn't get a thing.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 06:28:00 PM »
String, just sent you a PM on the fishing. Bull Creek is your best access and it has good hunting. A friend has shot 16 deer there in the last 2 years and it actually borders some prime ranchland( one of which I hunt) . There are many opportunities as well around Tallahassee for weekend trips.
DonD

Offline stringmusic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 08:21:00 AM »
Hey everyone thanks for the advise.  My comp was down and I was using a friends so when I logged onto this and saw some options for hunting I was pretty excited.  I have heard of Bull Creek but there are so many WMA's that its hard to sort them out!  Thanks again.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©