3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rick Welch video advice  (Read 211 times)

Offline dick sable

• Trad Bowhunter
Rick Welch video advice
« on: December 31, 2009, 07:18:00 AM »
A question for any of you familiar with Rick Welch's shooting videos.  I've noticed that there seem to be at least three different videos available. I'd really like to buy the one that is the best instructional overview - - no sense duplicating if I don't have to.  Advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Dick

Offline Grayseas

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rick Welch video advice
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 07:25:00 AM »
The only one I own is his latest one: "Accuracy factory" I can't speak for the others, Accuracy Factory is real good.  I'm following it  up with going to his school in march. Following the videos instruction, with an open mind, willingness to accept the form, and practice, practice, my shooting has improved.

Good video
Good luck,
Eli
Eli
74 lb Shrew Safari
65 lb Fedora
62 lb Black Widow
60 lb Bamboo Viper
52 lb Bear Hunter TD

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 07:27:00 AM »
I have the second one and for me it is a real basic dvd, Masters of the Barebow 3 was a much better dvd.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline dick sable

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 07:47:00 AM »
Who sells Masters of the Barebow III ?
Any trad gang vendors?

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 07:57:00 AM »
3 Rivers

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 08:29:00 AM »
I'd say his 3rd (accuracy factory) is the best for learning his style. I have all three. I like the vol II because it has some cool hunting footage at the end. I also have all 3 vol's of MMB. I enjoyed them as well. Bottom line I think is see something you want to try on any dvd? Give it a try but don't spend a year on something that aint working for you. Ive tried them all. Split, 3 under,2under, gap, poa, instictive , deep hook, shallow hook. etc. I now have a system that I can repete shot after shot. For me and you too I bet, that is the key to good consistant shooting. If it be the Rick Welch method then good for you, but if it's the Rod Jenkins or who ever else to  get you going then good for you too. don
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 09:27:00 AM »
I don't know which version I saw; I  think it was the first one.  I couldn't understand a word he said.  Make sure you watch it with someone who can translate southern   :)

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 09:30:00 AM »
Just go take lessons from him.  You will be glad you did.  I know I am.

Offline Bob Stager

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 09:42:00 AM »
The Accuracy factory was by far the better for me on understanding his shooting style. Bob

Offline Bruce Martin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 09:48:00 AM »
Go with the 3rd video, Accuracy Factor, and then schedule time for his 2 day school. You will be amazed at your ability after the school. By the way, the bow setup and shooting a bow that is the right size for you with well tuned arrows are also keys to consistent accuracy. Rick has a lot of experience in looking at what you are shooting and finding the weak points in your setup as well as your shooting. I ended up ordering one of his take-down recurves which I've had about 3 weeks. I have killed 2 huge does with it and it is 45 lb at 28 inches. Very, very smooth and at a poundage that is easily held for the shot and steady bow arm.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©