3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sending bows to the US  (Read 158 times)

Offline gilf

• Trad Bowhunter
Sending bows to the US
« on: December 31, 2009, 09:29:00 AM »
I regularly buy and trade bows in the classifieds, I'm in the UK and when a bow gets sent to me I have to pay customs charges and various taxes.

If it is sent via Courier they fast track this through customs but they add on all sorts of fees for this and it ends up costing a small fortune , $250+ for shipping alone. If I go via USPS it just sits in customs for a week and I go and pay the charges and pick it up, in that scenario the additional charges are more like $50.

What I don't know is what happens at the US end, does anybody know the import situation, do you have to pay a load of money in addition to the postage costs?

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sending bows to the US
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 10:01:00 AM »
Hi Andy  :wavey:  As far as I'm aware there's no customs charges to pay at this end. We've had all kinds'a bobbins posted to us since we got here of all values up to a couple of grand & haven't had to pay any extras yet. We may have just been very, very lucky however, although I don't believe it would've all got through without charges if there were any to pay.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
Hi Andy,you pay much more of what I pay here in Italy!Since I buy something 20 plus bows a year,I collect all my purchases by a friend and then I make a hunting vacation in the US,for free,since I carry back the bows with me as a luggage.I never shipped anything in the States,since once again I carry the bows with me.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 12:32:00 PM »
I've had 2 bows sent from the uk and it costs nothing on this end. I have one comming from Canada should be here in a week or so and should have no costs
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline gilf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »
Thanks for the info guys, Rick I have sent you some stuff in the past (ACS Riser and I think something else before that), so it's good to know whatever I do doesn't incur anything extra.

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »
Ya its nice that it doesnt cost any thing on this end but a bummer that it costs you guys over there
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©