3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Spine question  (Read 276 times)

Offline 1Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Spine question
« on: December 31, 2009, 02:05:00 PM »
This may be a dumb question, but can anyone tell me what aluminum arrow would have the same spine as AD Traditionals ,cut to 29 1/2 inches? Thank you --1Longbow

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
Re: Spine question
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 02:38:00 PM »
I recently saw a conversion scale for a spine tester, although it was on a different site, someone may know about it here. I would like to buy one for my Adams spine tester. It has three scales, wood, aluminum and carbon.

If you look in a catalog by Easton a 2016 is 0.531; 2018 is 0.464; 2216 is 0.375. All based on 28" span. See the second link, & Shaft Selector to download the chart.

posted October 04, 2009 08:03 PM                        
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Refer to the following to determine your correct spine, but be sure to read through to the bottom to understand the basic principal.

http://home.att.net/~sajackson/eastonchart.html

If you are not interested in the technical stuff go to their homepage. Download available under Shaft Selector

http://www.eastonarchery.com/  

I posted the above links earlier. The first allows you to enter your setup. Follow directions. The second information, charts, etc. Go to the Shaft Selector for the download. Hope this works.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 03:32:00 PM »
You might be better off stating more info on your bow and setup.I find trying to compare carbons with aluminum doesn't equal the same.AD's are a tapered carbon and they can fly great out of alot of bows,from their design and carbon arrows react different then aluminum on dynamic spine.An AD Trad lists its spine at .350 and they fly great out of one of my bows.But when I shot a parallel carbon I went to a .400 spine.A close aluminum would be a 2315 .342 spine,but will most likely be too stiff.My AD Trads fly great from my bows from 55-65#,but I bet a 2315 would be way to stiff for my 55# bow.

Offline 1Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 03:52:00 PM »
Thanks ,I'm shooting a 64 " @ 54#, @29"'s Chastain Wapiti off the shelf and split finger with a tab. I also have a set of 65# limbs for the above bow. I have one Jason's, Kanati  bows that I'm shooting AD's out of right now, and that bow is 58"@58#'s,and I'm getting very good flight with that set up. Thank You --1Longbow

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 06:04:00 PM »
A 2315 may work good for the recurve or maybe a 2317 for the 65# limbs because the shelf is cut past center but may be stiff for your Kanati even though it is heavier.The Kanati's shelf is not cut past center,maybe a 2018 may work good.I just find it hard to compare carbons to aluminum arrows to achieve the same results,they are two different materials.Just my experience.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©