3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Guru Scores!  (Read 5774 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Guru Scores!
« Reply #180 on: January 08, 2010, 07:59:00 AM »
Dang Les, You're in a stand?  I'm very jealous!!!

Good Luck....nothing better than a last weekend successful hunt!

The rain ended and the leading edge of the cold front was just getting to us as we headed out to our stands for the evening. Les had offered up a stand that he hadn't hunted in over a month and it was reported to be loaded with hogs!

As we road out, it was clear that the wind hadn't yet settled. But Marty and Biggie, were pretty sure that it would turn out of the north like it was forecast'd to do.  But boy, it sure had picked up in velocity!

Some of you might recognize Les' "pig platform"...
•  

I climbed and hung on for a while.First visitor of the evening...
•  

Less than an hour after getting into the stand, could see pigs coming!

I reached for my bow and camera...between the wind, and having a bit of adrenalin running through me     :goldtooth:  

But almost before I could get my phone back in my pocket, I glanced below to my right and there was a nice boar hog already almost in range......
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline BadKarma

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: January 08, 2010, 08:05:00 AM »
Curt, it sounds like you had so much fun it would almost seem illegal. Thank the gods it isn't. I had forgotten what it looks like down there once you get off the highway.

I got a new bowl of popcorn, please continue.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.

May Thors Hammer ring in your favor!

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: January 08, 2010, 08:25:00 AM »
Michael, it was MRS Cabrerra that named me "My Biggie"  I'll take that  8-)

"Marty the man doing what he does best" I spit coffee all over the place....how true, how true!
Sometimes you feel like you are there by yourself.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: January 08, 2010, 08:26:00 AM »
Guru-Guru-Guru  "doin what I do best" , I just showed you a weekend like that and bein on the phone is what I do best? I thought you wanted to come back? How do you know I wasn't calling the Hog Spirits to let out more hogs for you?

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: January 08, 2010, 08:35:00 AM »
Biggie- Well you know what I just called you!! You don't have to come back either. I'm gonna head shoot this coon- right. Guru actually believed you!

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: January 08, 2010, 08:39:00 AM »
Don't you watch MyNameis Earl?  It's Karma. I head shoot 'em and youhit 'em "a little far back"

See? The coffeehasmy space barsticking...
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: January 08, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »
Hey Marty ol' bud, ol' pal....that was just a type'o buddy.....it was supposed to say....

"doing what he does best.....to keep his G.C. business running at full speed in his absence and making sure all is well at home and checking on weather conditions as to get me in the very best spot on the lease every dang time!"....

I don't know how I messed that up the first time....    :goldtooth:  

Gotta go shovel now     :(

"Too much fun it was almost illegal"...that's a good way to put it....
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: January 08, 2010, 10:21:00 AM »
Now that's better woodu. I'm fixin to go over this afternoon and end deer season with that 7 pts Daddy! It ends on Sunday and my freezer isn't quite full! Believe it or not- they are talkin 20's tomorrow night at camp and maybe snow!!!!!! South Florida- the only snow around here usually goes up people's noses!

Also-No more ammunition for
"My Biggie" - he needs no encouragement from you!!!!

Be careful-he's been hittin on my wife for years!

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: January 08, 2010, 11:10:00 AM »
I hope the 8pt that you were talking about shows up and you drill him perfect! How's that for a season ending hunt?!!

Better pack your hand warmers and cold weather boots, wow that's gonna be COLD!!!  Brrrrr...

Ya know my wife has been on here cell alot the last few days...and she always walks into another room when she's talkin......hmmmmm

So back to our regularly scheduled program.....

Now I have this nice boar, all alone at  and he's working around eating, never stopping for a hardly a second. Hogs are very random feeders....

No time for a picture this time, didn't want to risk it....after the mmm...miss. I wanted a little redemption!

He quartered slightly away at 12-14yds...and the struck, but a little high! The VPA Terminator had severed his spine and he crashed to the ground with a hellacious squeal!

I quickly got down and put another arrow in his chest and drug him behind the stand in the palmettos....he was a little bigger than the first boar....
•  

A little redemption, but there should have been more hogs brought to the skinning rack that evening......

Hogs kept showing up

•  

An amazing sunset.....the cold air had arrived!
•  

Back at camp, we were all smiles.....
•  

You can see the entrance in the pic. Even from a tree stand, that's dead center spine. It runs very, very low thru the chest....almost hard to believe...
•  

Biggie says..."lets smother the little guy"....
•  

•  

The Terminator(Woodsman Elite) 160 that was removed from the spine, the follow-up Snuffer 160, and the knife that was made and given to me by "Jeremy" a few years ago. He made it to match my Kwyk Styk "Timex". It got a real work out on my Florida trip!
•  

Time and time again I'd find myself thinking..."If there's a better place in the country to hunt hogs, I'd sure luv to see it"....This is a very special place!

More in a bit.....
Curt } >>--->   

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: January 08, 2010, 11:37:00 AM »
Wow very nice. How did you like that shoulder plate on the guy Curt? Isn't that amazing?
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline pcappy08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #190 on: January 08, 2010, 02:56:00 PM »
Curt

Howd u like the woodsman elite compared to snuffers and the original woodsman heads? would u use them for deer or keeping them to hogs?

And thanks for the awesome follow along   :clapper:  

Pete
Great Northern Super Ghost
56" 60lbs @ 29"
Morrison Cheyenne
62lbs @ 29"

Offline Wiley Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #191 on: January 08, 2010, 04:29:00 PM »
Great hunt! Thanks for sharing it with us.  :notworthy:
Great Northern Bushbow
Super Shrew Delux
Talon Longbow
Chekmate Hunter Recurve

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #192 on: January 08, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »
Curt good story.Those spiders do have the strongest web and the only one that is gold color instead of white.It has been tested and as strong strand size as kevlar.Kip

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »
Outstanding Curt!!

It looks like a very special place indeed!  

Really enjoying this one, and looking forward to the rest....I have a feeling there will be some more hog carnage before this is all over!!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #194 on: January 08, 2010, 05:55:00 PM »
Outstanding hunt Guru.Great photos as well.I never met Marty but Biggie is cool .RC

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2010, 06:08:00 PM »
Awesome Curt......you think you can make this story last until the JLMBH?  Need it to keep me going....

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline StanM

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
Sounds and looks like you had a fantastic time.  Looking forward to hearing and seeing more.

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »
Looks like you guys had a great time.  Thanks for sharing the story and all the pics.

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #198 on: January 08, 2010, 07:22:00 PM »
Great story and pics! Thanks.
One week to go until my hog/deer hunt.

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #199 on: January 08, 2010, 07:43:00 PM »
Great story and pix Curt. Congrats on a fine hunt!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©