3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ft Hood area  (Read 298 times)

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Ft Hood area
« on: December 31, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »
Who lives close to the Ft Hood area? My son who is a trad archer is being stationed there. He has to report in a couple of days. If anyone lives close maybe I could give him your name and phone number, so you could get togather and shoot or just hang? Anyone know if the base has a traditional club?

Thanks in advance for your help on this question.
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ArcticArcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ft Hood area
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »
Here's a link to the Recreation stuff

http://www.hoodmwr.com/sportsmenscenter.htm  

Looks like they have an archery range and a club, probably not specific to trad archery, but most of installation sportsman centers will have local information also.

Here is the general link for the installation.

http://www.hood.army.mil/

Thanks for raising a son who is a true patriot!!

Nick

NH what part of IN are you from, I grew up in Evansville, folks still live there
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Chester Thompson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 03:57:00 PM »
I am not sure if it is trad only, but  http://www.freewebs.com/hoodbowhunters/
Ask me about CTO.

Offline ken denton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »
They used to have wonderful bowhunting for deer and probably still do. The hunt station is in the middle of all the tanks and wheeled stuff. He will be happy hunting there! Lots of hunting acres. Ken
"Arrows into the wind", What a wounderful sight!!!

Offline redfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 11:59:00 PM »
I was born 20 miles from there and was stationed there nearly 40 years ago.
Tell him to check out texasbowhunter.com and the public hunting forum. There are season length threads there for various places, including Ft. Hood. There is also a traditional forum where he can find some like minded hunters. There are quite a few of them in the area.
El Paisano
Ebi-kuyuutsi

Offline longarrow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 09:05:00 AM »
Joe, I'll PM my info.  Bow club on Ft. Hood is for anyone/any bow. I shoot trad and have a group of guys that shoot at my place almost daily! I live in Cove. We're planning a hog hunt in Feb...maybe your son will make it in time!  :campfire:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Live a Good Life! And in the end, it's not the number of years in your life...it's the LIFE in your years!!!

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. He probably won't be there very long until he's deployed to afganistan or iraq, but he's exited to see a different part of the country and to be able to hunt Texas.
   The army does things a little different as he's a uav piolet in an armored cavarly unit/command whatever?? Not how the USAF did things but then everyone knows the AirForce is above the rest !!!  :-)
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©