3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What to do in Kalamazoo?  (Read 453 times)

Offline WVeer

• Trad Bowhunter
What to do in Kalamazoo?
« on: December 31, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »
I'm new to this forum but old to traditional archery (20 years). A buddy an I are going to Kalamazoo this year because we never been there.  What's it like?    :campfire:

Online flint kemper

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What to do in Kalamazoo?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 04:38:00 PM »
Good times. Bring a glove or tab and 3 arrows. Shoot alot of different bows to your hearts content. Also make it worth the vendors time and buy a few things so they will come back and keep supporting this event.I wish I could go this year but I am going to miss it. Have fun Flint

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »
Look at the vendor list and see what you can get while you are there and save the shipping. There are some new bows and bowyers that will be there or maybe some that you've always wanted to shoot. Here's your chance. I have several bows I want to shoot, some new wool from Teresa Asbell, a book or 2 from the Wensals and some other accesories that I will "need" at the last minute. Have fun and spend as long as you can. I always seem to be in a hurry so will spend Friday and Saturday this year.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline WVeer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »
Sounds like what we're looking for.  My buddy is looking for his 1st custom and has the money burning a hole in his pocket.  I'm sure I'll find something too.  What kind of facility is it in and how many vendors usually come?   Is it crowded?   Sorry for all the questions but we're trying to see how much time we will need.

Online flint kemper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »
Friday is good and Saturday is packed. It is at the fair grounds it is in 2 huge rooms. 2 shooting areas for about 5 or 6 guys at a time. If you go to the Great Northern bow company website look under the expo link it has the current vendor list up. Shrew bows, Zipper, Northern Mist, Morrison, A&H, Black Widow and a whole lot more. Flint

Offline WVeer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 05:04:00 PM »
I'm familiar with Zipper because I have 2 of them. I sure would like to shoot others though to get an idea of what longbow I'll get someday.  I've been to the gnbc website and can't wait to see for myself. Thanks for the info.

Offline doctari

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 05:26:00 PM »
I seen that Monty Browning will be giving a seminar. Looking forward to Picking up Gene and Barrys new book, Hopefully signed. Oh Gene it is Mark with a M.  :biglaugh:
"So long as the new moon returns in heavan a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men."   Maurice Thompson The Witchery of Archery

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »
One thing you can do is bring all your current bows and the new ones you buy there over to my house so I can shoot them farther than 10 yards.  :biglaugh:
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline WVeer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 06:15:00 PM »
Flint said bring 3 arrows......he hasen't seen me shoot.   I probably need a quiver full.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 06:53:00 PM »
Ya you can robin hood a lot of arrows at 10 yd.  I assume that is what you are saying.  ;)

They also have a very large back stop sheet.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 09:45:00 AM »
Hey Mike, there will be plenty of bows there to play with, and more accesories then you can shake a stick at!It will be worth the drive from WV. Dont be a stranger we have something new you may want to test drive, and she is silky smooth and smokin fast.
Bill

Offline WVeer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 11:52:00 AM »
I was just kidding about all the arrows I need and sure didn't mean I would Robin Hood anything.    :D    I'll be sure to stop by and introduce myself to you Bill.  Are you making longbows now?  I know Bob and his son made a few but thought they settled on recurves only.

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 01:33:00 PM »
We do make a 3 piece take down longbow,no one piece bows at all.See you in MI.
Bill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©