3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 29914 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Here it is folks, the official thread to kick off one of the best traditional bow hunts you could ever attend. Before I go any further I am sorry I did not post at midnight like always but those of you who know me, know that I party a bit hard sometimes and well last night, you know!! The dates this year are Feb. 20th and 21st.!! A little bit of background for those who have never heard of this hunt or attended. About 6 years ago,I decided to hold a traditional bunny hunt. I posted on here(Trad-Gang) that I would hold a bunny hunt the 3rd. weekend in Feb and anyone and everyone was welcome to attend. My Mom and dad agreed to let me hold the hunt from there house. That first year 19 people attended the one day hunt. I had asked everyone who attended to bring something we could use as prizes to give away in a little fun shoot befoe the hunt started. Well to make a long story short folks bought some awful nice stuff, too nice to just give away for breaking a balloon or beating the arrow munching steel so we decided to hold a raffle. My mom thought we should donate the proceeds to the St. Judes Childrens Fund so that is what we did. The first year we raised $350 dollars!! Now fast forward to last year, we had close to a hundred people attend and raised over $5000 dollars for the kids of St. Judes! My mom passed after our second hunt and in her honor and memory we named the hunt after her!! There will be a lot of info forth coming and I want to let everyone know that you are more than welcome to attend. Last year we had people from 11 states come!! There is only a couple rules you must follow so ya can attend. You must bring a prize for the raffle(Traditional or hunting related),you must shoot at the arrow munching steel, no broadheads, and ya must wear something of bright color(pink,chartreuse,orange,etc.)Lets make this the biggest and best ever!!! Last year in 2 days of hunting we killed 19 rabbits and over 400 shots were taken!! As I said lots more info to come but lets get this thing started!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Count Me In Shawn! I wouldn't miss this for the world.   :jumper:

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
If Mikes going I'm going, he is worth the trip!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :clapper:  Don't miss this one, it's a blast and great people all around!!
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
you know im there!!! i cant wait.. im planin on stayin the night this year!! ive never been there for the 2nd day, so im pumped!!

gaff    ohhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

BUNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Would love to see ya come back Doug C. Bring that green bow with ya!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
Count me in!   :jumper:
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I guess I'll try it one more time.......  :bigsmyl:  

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
Yeah baby...I'll be there..Both days..Man I love this hunt..

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
I wouldnt miss it!  Already thinking up things for the raffle....

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH  YYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
We are gonna have the dinner on Saturday done by Geurtzes Bar-b-que. We will still need food and drinks though but more of a lunch type deal. David PM me and we can talk, hopefully you will do the food sign-up again. I will post more on cost of dinner and also info on a local motel that offers us a discounted rate on rooms. Also my house is open to anyone who wants to sleep here for the hunt. We also will be holding the hunt from a differnt locale this year due to the amount of people expected to attend. Don't worry it is only 300 yards away, right across from "The Rabbit Valley"!! We are also holding the kids hunt once again which will start exactly at 10am. Saturday morning!! Be back with more!! I can't wait to see all you guys and gals!! Our first lady of the hunt should respond soon!! "Mo" where are ya!! One last thing, dress to hunt some hellacious stuff, if ya don't come out bleeding, ya did'nt do your job!! As one guy said last year," I mind as well stay at home and cut myself with razor blades"!! OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Cant wait man.Shawn, let me know of anything you need help with .

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Will do Izzy, ya coming tomorrow? I will need help the day efore the hunt on friday! Tables and chairs to set up and targets and such!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
I thought the warmup was Sunday? If its Sunday Ill be there for sure I got the time off approved today.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone want to do a bow list again? If so, I can start as people chime in...

Shawn, I will be there Friday prehunt, no problem.

Im hoping to see you guys Sunday.

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH  YYYYYYYEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Can't wait this hunt is gonna be goood!.
oooooohhhhhhhh yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

bun bun in my tum tum!

Is the warm up still on?
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
BUUUNNNNYYYYYYY!!!!!

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I'm so looking forward to this. The most fun that can be had with bow in hand for sure and the best group of people you'd ever meet. Thank you shawn and family once again for offering up your hospitality. I'll be there for sure. Skippy
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Oops it is Sunday!! OOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Wow I thought we would have a lot more hits!! Must be everyone is hungover! Now all we need is to make sure we have snow!! You all know what that means! You better start dancing buddy!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©