3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 29979 times)

Offline Meat

• Trad Bowhunter
had one hell of a time thanks again for what shawn and his family have done

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
im not very good at spinnin a thread. all i can say is thank you to shawn, his family, and everyone involved in making this hunt what it is..
not only do we get to meet "new" people. but we get to do some good huntin and storytellin, AND raise 5800.00 for the kids!!
im deffinatly sad to hear this is most likely going to be the last hunt. BUT i do understand it has morphed into quite an undertaking.

Shawn,Cindy, and the rest of the Leonard fam... THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!  :clapper:  

gaff
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Halfway through Briarback Mtn.........UGH!!!!!!!!**

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
Oh Dang. Couldn't make it for Sunday and Missed BriarBack Mt. I think that makes me sad  :)
First time at teh JLMBH (saturday) and had a great time. Got some shots off at the bunnies, even took a swing with an unloaded bow at one, saw some fun stuff, bled a little and met a bunch of real good people.
Shawn, Cindy and family, thanks for the memories.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I dropped  Woodchucker a little while ago. This event was everything he said it was going to be and much more. The food was excellent, I won some really cool raffle prizes, I got to meet some really great people and all while doing something for a great cause.  Thank you Shawn and Cindy for putting on awesome event, and the great hospitality.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry for not posting in a while! We had an awesome hunt and even better raffle. We managed around 150 shots on the adult hunt and 53 or so on the youth hunt, not as many bunnies as in years past but I believe we saw around 30 in the 2 days. We needed snow, what we had melted by noontime on Saturday. I too want to thank my wife Cindy and my girls Nicole, Allison and Heather plus Nicoles friend Desi without these ladies the hunt would not be what it was and that was awesome. Gaff had it close but we managed a bit more than that, we ended up with $5900 for the kids of St. Judes and for that I want to THANK YOU ALL!! I will be back with more tales of blood and bunnies but for now!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Trab

• Trad Bowhunter
Shawn,

This was my first hunt and I had an AWESOME time. I met a bunch of guys I had never met and everyone was class......Shawn you are a special dude my friend......you are one hell of a leader too......It was a total pleasure participating in your hunt. I didn't know your Mom, but she must have been a special lady !! I can't thank you enough for everything, including the bowfishing outfit.....I CANNOT WAIT to try it out in the reservoirs of Dutchess County.....the food was amazing too......especially the Gator and Rice dish...I had my eye on that one immediately, right Ron ? (LOL) And while I'm at it, let me piggyback on the thanks to the ladies of the house.....Thank You for puttin up with all of us dudes !!

Thanks Again to Shawn and Cindy !!

Trab

The Bunny Hunt will be missed, but the memories are there forever.......           :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
“The virtue lies In the struggle, not the prize”
Richard Monckton Milnes

Mark Trabakino
[email protected]
Stormville, New York

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
Awwww I'm soooo tired!  Big Ed and I just got home after the long 5 hour drive!  Thanks Shawn and Family for opening your house up to everyone and making us feel at home!

It was a pleasure meeting many of those whose I've only talked to through Trad Gang.  

Tim

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
we need pics
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
It was good to meet you Tim.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Home and showered.......another great weekend, and while we didn't kill as many this year, the weekend was still a smashing success in so many other ways.......the money, the kids, the new friends........and Jamie.

When I sit back and think about it, there were other forces at work here.......

More to come.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
It was my pleasure David (Vermonster). I didn't see you today? ....  We sure had one heck of a wind blowing early this morning!

Tim

Offline chanteyman

• Trad Bowhunter
Got home from the hunt a couple of hours ago and am incredibly tired, but before I go to bed I wanted to thank everyone for making my daughters first hunt an amazing one. Everyone made us feel very welcome and we had a great time. Im hoping the next hunt isn't a let down for her.

I'm not sure if we made her a hunter for life, but I'm pretty sure I'll have a hunting buddy for the next few years. I'd like to thank a few specific folks who really made the weekend end go for her.

First of all I'd like to thank Shawn for putting on the event and taking Alei on her taking her on the first push this morning.

Next a big thanks to Big Ed and Swampbuck for fixing her bow string in about 3 seconds before the youth hunt started on Saturday morning.

And a HUGE thanks to Pete for giving up a very special raffle ticket to make a very happy little girl.

Thanks to Vermonster to for giving Boo a new quiver, I didn't manage to get a opic of them together.

I know I didn't get everyone that spent time with her. So thanks to anyone who walked with her on the hunts or answered her (and my) questions.

Michael

Also a huge thanks to the ladies for keeping an eye on Alei Saturday afternoon.

Offline LAR43

• Trad Bowhunter
Home, unpacked and cleaned up.
Shawn Cindy & family, I have nothing but love for all of you for all the effort over the years, good times and memories that will last forever.
& a  very special thank you to Mom Leonard for letting Shawn get it all started. GOD Bless you.

Larry, Greg & Jesse
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Glad you guys are all home safe.

A very special weekend to me, for so many reasons. It is hard to put into words, but I will try as the stories come out.

It was a tough decision to attend this year. One I made with my family. One that I thought my father would have wanted. I almost turned around on the way up Saturday, but pulled over, got it together, and kept on keeping on. Im so glad I did.

Everyone was so caring, and I heard so many heartfelt words of wisdom and strength...not to mention the events that transpired.

I was right where I needed to be this weekend, and I thank you all for the support, laughs, and genuine character that I saw in all of you.

I sit back and think about it...and I tear up.  :D  

I come away from this weekend in awe of my friends(family) I have here. And then I smile, and I hope I did something to spark the interest in one of the kids. Im pretty sure I got atleast one of them a lifetime memory...  :goldtooth:  

Shawn, Cindy and family, you guys are very special to do what you have done. Thank you.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
Thank You Shawn,Cindy & company for hosting a great event and your hard work is really appreciated.
   The Bunny Hunt will be missed by all.I wish I had rabbits around my place like Selkirk and I would host it at my place !!!

Jamie,
  Keep your chin up,hope the weekend helped ease your sorrow.
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
First off thanks so much to Shawn, Cindy and the rest of the Leoanard Family and all you other guys that put so much into prepping this.  David, you did a great job on food.  Cindy fed us 4 or 5 times and there was still plenty.  AS usual it was great to see the old faces from bunny hunts and muzzies past,  And all the new faces.  Jamie, I for sure will never forget this weekend, it was awesome I'm glad you came.  Mike, you guys are welcome, I can't wait until Alei gets the bow we'll have some friendly competition at flying arrow.  I have a bunch of photo's I'll try to figure out how to post them.
peter Osimanti

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
Shawn, Cindy and family.... what to say?? Great job, wonderful weekend, amazing time, thanks to everyone who brought food, the raffle was unbelieveable!  Thanks to everyone involved!  

Dave- you did a great job organizing the food!

Jamie- thinking of you, and anything you need, let me know.  You created a lot of memories for a lot of the kids, and for us big kids too.  

On another note- I just got done getting the last thorns out of my ear.  Otherwise all is well.  Thanks again everyone!

-Matt
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline Peter Smith

• Trad Bowhunter
As the final curtain goes down, the crowd stands and puts there hands together. Shawn and Cindy, take a bow. I had a great time. Still pulling remnants of Briar back mountain from my person, the bleeding has stopped. Thanks for the memories and the hospitality. This year I took more shots at bunnies than any other year, so to me it was a great hunt! Hope to see you up in our area in august.
TradGangers, your all special people, Im proud to be a member of this Brotherhood of the Trad Bow.

Pete Smith
You get what you get.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I've been home for several hours now and I'm still smiling.  This hunt has meant so much to me I cannot explain.

It was pleasure to meet so many of the fine TG family and put faces to handles.  I wish I could remember 1/2 your names but be patient with me.

Shawn, Cindy and everyone else I do mean everyone! THANK YOU!!!!

I didn't get many shots but the camaraderie was out of this world. It'll take a bulldozer to scrape the satisfaction off of me.

Vermonster, seeing the kids faces when you handed them the quiver made me feel butterflies in my stomach. I loved it.  

the JLMBH will live on even if only in memories and spirit.

Thank you
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©