3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 29973 times)

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Cindy and Shawn and family have done it once again. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I consider the Leonard family truely one of the most caring and giving family that I have ever had the pleasure to be involved with. As it may be the final Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt, you have created many friendships and memories that we all with carry for the rest of our lives.
 I know for sure that you have touched more with your kindness than you will ever know.
 Thank you,
 BIG ED
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Shawn and Cindy, You have outdone yourselves AGAIN!!!!! Your Mom is grinning from ear to ear Brother..... "That's MY BOY!!!!!"

You've done her proud Shawn!!!!!

Thank you for letting me be a part of "History" over the years,It's been a hell of a ride!!!!!

MANY,MANY THANKS MY BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!    :notworthy:  

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
Somethings are just so big that you pray they don't pass you by. When you're a part of them, you pray they never end. When they do, you pray to the good lord that you got to be there.

Shawn,
My friend, you are a constant reminder of what is good in this world. The generosity and thoughtfulness you've shown are second to none. Brother, I'm glad to know you and call you friend. It's one of the things I'm proudest of, and even though I never met her, you do your mother proud bud.

Cindy,
You open up your home to all of us. You feed us. You put up with us. If anyone is this world is as great as your husband, it's definately you.

Jamie,
Anytime, anywhere; if you need it, I'm here. I can honestly say I was ecstatic when you got the JLMBH bow, and prouder than heck to launch an arrow for your father. In my book, you're one of those folks that just define the hunt in every way.

To all my other TradGang brothers, I'm at my happiest for two days out of the year, and it's never been because I've filled the pot. It's seeing each and every one of you. I'll see you all again...can't wait till then...

Can I get an OHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
You guys are killing me!! Thanks to each of you, we really could not of done this without all of you. Jamie, I know it was tough for ya, but I hope we did you and your Dad proud!! What we did on Sunday afternoon is something I will never forget, just being part of this great group of people makes me proud! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
There's also a few more things that I want to say and to point out. EVERY kid I think, had a great time.  What an event for them. Something like this really gets them on the right path. It kinda gave me the warm fuzzies.  They were all really good kids, so my hats off to all their moms and dads!!  

The donations were amazing!  Better than any game dinner that I've ever attended. In all my years of hunting and shooting a bow, this was my first "social" event, and I' so glad that I went.  I really found out what I was missing. Thanks to all, and again, thanks to the Leonard family for every thing.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline ScottV_7

• Trad Bowhunter
Shawn and Family- Thank you for hosting such an amazing and worthwhile event.  It is truly something I will never forget.  Thanks also to all the others who put this together.  I didn't catch all your names but good job!  I've never seen anything like it.

Ziggy has slept almost non-stop since yesterday afternoon and I'll be pulling briars out of him for weeks!  Swampbuck...thanks for showing us the ropes man.  It was good hanging out with you and Sonny.  Give him a scratch for me.

I ended up getting at least six shots, which is more than I expected.  What a blast!  You guys are a great group of people and I hope I get to see many of you again whether it's at Shawn's, The Muzzy, Denton or wherever.  

Scott
JK Traditions Kanati 48#@28"  
Fedora 560 52" 44#@26"

"Skin that one pilgrim, and I'll bring ya another!"

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks to everyone for taking Jennifer under your wings. As one of the only girls to hunt all day Saturday, all the big rough and tough guys were simply putty in her hands. Jamie, Izzy, David, Shawn, Curt, Big Ed, Tim, Bill, Dick, Vermonster (she loves the quiver) and others you all made sure she was in the best spots and took good care of her. She ended up with what had to be over 20 shots between the youth hunt and Sat. She scared a few of the rabbits really bad, but didn't get one in the bag. She is a very busy kid with sports, cheerleading, and of course boys, but she cancels everything to come and hang out for a day with a bunch of soft hearted TradGangers! She was asking all year - "when's the Bunny hunt".  That is a testament to what Shawn, Cindy, Damon, Nicole, and others have put together. You have made a big difference in a kids life. My son Tyler and older son Jeff were also mentored by you old (and young) farts and they are better for it. From a dad's point of view, you guys are the best! Thanks for a great opportunity to show the kids that there is a lot more fun in the world than texting and video games.  Jennifer was really happy everyone enjoyed eating the alligator she shot.

David, you are a class act and Tyler loves the pants.

Really enjoyed meeting some new folks and getting reaquainted with the others. Ron W. and Charlie, enjoyed sharing a table with you.

Shawn, you da man and as they say behind every good man is a better woman. Couldn't be truer! Cindy, you're a Saint for doing what you do! So what better benefactor than St. Jude!

Thanks everyone!

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'm reading these threads and as often happens, a smile is on my face as I remember events of the weekend........there will be pics to follow, but I'll tease you all with a couple......

Tim with his impromptu bandaging of Big Ed's cut up face, he did a bang up job!!!

And Jen, I hate to say it, you might have missed one of the best backwards belly flops(????) you've ever seen.......and it only hurt a little....

Glad they fit him Terry, least I could do.....

I'm not quite ready to put into words what Shawn, Cindy and and their family have done over the last six years........it will come.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Wow... How to follow up with all that has been said already? "Thanks" to Shawn and family is a given. "Great Job" to all who help make this happen is an under statement. So... I'll try it my way...    :rolleyes:  

Shawn: I XOXOXO Ya Buddy! And that tongue of yours should be in a movie.    :eek:    Now I know how you kept Sonnys jewels warm last year.

Cindy: The cat's outa the bag about your basement swing. Will that be in the 2010 JLMBH dvd?

Jamie: You Are My Hero! I'll be talkin' to ya soon.

Tim: Great meeting you. If you are ever going to pass through The Bronx... Don't!    :p    

Big Ed: You have a warm heart. It was a pleasure puttin' a bandade on your bo-bo.    ;)  

David, Jeff, Tucker: Muzzy can't come quick enough.

Scott, Bamboo, Dave: Went to see Ashley. Seems she put on 100 lbs. and grew a mustache over night.    :scared:    Needless to say, I drove home last night.

Chris and Matt: Thanks Again! Things worked out for the three of us real well.

... mike ...    :archer:    ...

* PS ... I believe there was a spiritual presence at this years hunt making it something to be remembered always. That, my friends, is wonderful!
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
Terry.
Glad Jennifer liked the quiver she won in the raffle. I spoke to her on the way out and told her that it was a goodwill quiver. I like putting new life into old stuff and if she can carry it for a few years and it helps, in a small way, to bring a kid into Trad then I am very happy. I have 2 girls of my own and I think one may become a hunter. I pplan on using Jennifer as an example for her.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
Mikey my friend...I enjoyed your company very much and I'm sure if the Bronx had a few more just like you'd I'd consider relocating and buying a home right next door to you... :biglaugh:

Or at least down the street a mile or two....you abused me pretty good!  "[dntthnk]"

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Thank You Tim. My grandmother used to say, "Any attention is good attention. If someone dosen't like you they won't even speak to you." Anyway... I had fun out there with you. Although I must add... Your avatar image puts 20lbs. on ya. You are a lot better looking in person.  ;)

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone who has pics. lets start posting!! I have to agree with Mikey on the spiritual presence!! At the end of the hunt on Sunday, Jamie came to me and said he would like to loose an arrow in his fathers memory!! We gathered together and I let everyone know what we wanted to do and not much to my surprise 30 plus men and boys stepped forward to launch an arrow. I wanted to say a little something and as I began to speak a wind that was blowing between 25-30mph all day suddenly stopped and I mean it got dead calm!! I had my say in my raspy voice from trying to direct over 70 bunny hunters all weekend, when I was finished the wind picked up and everyone launched one for JACK KIRWIN!! May his memory and legacy live on forever!! Jamie my friend, we love ya!! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Wow, don't really know that I can add to what's already been said - but, this event, as always, has pushed the envelope on so many fronts.  Thanks in a very big way to everyone that attends, you're a great bunch of people.  And a huge thank you to the Leonard clan for hosting this most special event.

You all make for many, many, good memories.
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Tony, didn't know for sure who did the quiver she won in the raffle. It is beautiful and she does love it. I'm sure she'll be toting it around for a long time. Thank you for donating it and contributing to our sport!

There isn't anything better than hunting with a daughter or son!

Jen, Tyler, and I are trying to finalize a bear hunt this year and I'm a little worried. They can both outrun me! : )

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
We tried to stay close and hunt by Mikey. He can really get under the lowest of brush and flush the rabbits! : )

Mikey, thanks for all you do my little friend.

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
 Jen, Tyler, and I are trying to finalize a bear hunt this year and I'm a little worried. They can both outrun me! : )  
:biglaugh:  

That made me laugh. Buy Tyler a new pair of really heavy boots.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Speachless!!! Almost.Since my 1st time attending this hunt, now 4 years ago my life has changed dramatically thanks to all the people I met at the hunt and traditional archery.Maybe Im obssessed with bowhunting but this hunt is so much more than that.This whole weekend my bow felt unwelcomed in my hands.It took away from me talking to friends and family and just watching everyone interact and smile and laugh, even cry.The crying was all healthy this year except for when Ray blew his big bunny chance while he was on the phone checking in with his wife and a bunny stopped dead in front of him in the open.I keep to myself most of the time other than family and a very few battle tested friends but when Im in Selkirk I thank God that Im surrounded by a bunch of the finest people on earth many of them strangers.Theres something out there on that property that brings people close to each other.That is the only place in the world where I can walk away from my son Noah and never worry for a second knowing that someone is watching him and looking out for him.All of this I owe to the Leonards who are im my heart family to me.Thanks for all the memories for my family and I.I have more to say but I gotta get back to work for now. Thank you to every one there, it takes everyone of you to make this gathering what it is.  :clapper:

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm really sorry to have missed this year!!  Sounds like another GREAT time was had by all!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Jeremy you were there in spirit, believe me.  You were spoken about on more than one occasion, all of it good!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©