3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 29976 times)

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I don't have a lot of pics this year, but I'll throw up a couple........

Here is Shawn and the kids just before we started the youth hunt......

And some of Sunday's hunters taking aim at the rolling disk.........

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Us boys from PA aure had a great time. Thanks for the great time and hospitality Shawn! The 7.5 hour drive Back to Pittsburgh felt like 12 hours on Sunday, but it was well worth the trip once again.

My Dad, Brother and Father-in-law don't frequent the site too often so on their behalf, thanks so much. I'm sure my brother-in-law Trav will be posting soon enough.

Thanks again for the great time, new friends, and good food.

(Enjoy that RER Mikey. It is in good hands now)

Matt

Offline tregespa3

• Trad Bowhunter
I believe I can speak for the boys from PA, even though none of us got a bunny this year we had great time. Thanks to all, we will miss it.
It was my dads first time to hunt and at the very end of the 7 hour hike back to Butler, PA my dad turned to me and said "It's good to know there are guys out there like us". i tell ya that's one of the greatest reason we made the trip.  
It's a great pleasure hunting with all of you and i know like me you wish these scars on your hands and face would take a little longer to heal.

thank you for the memories

Offline tregespa3

• Trad Bowhunter
ahahh soon enough for bud.

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Just GOOD people!!!!!! Shawn, Cindy and family-thank you very much for letting us be part of such a special event. I am humbled and honored to have been included.

David,Guru,Tom,Damon,Jamie,BigEd,Terry,Izzy and anyone I missed- your extra effort in helping out the Leonard family is duly noted and appreciated by all in attendance.

St. Judes,depends in small and large part, on folks like those who attended and those who supported but were not there. The JLMBH is an example of everthing that is good with humanity!

Top of the list in my bowhunting adventures.-Bill

Offline Skipmaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Bowspirit:
Somethings are just so big that you pray they don't pass you by. When you're a part of them, you pray they never end. When they do, you pray to the good lord that you got to be there.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Thank you Shawn and Cindy and everyone else who put in so much time and effort to make this happen.  You all went above and beyond once again.
It was great to see everyone again and see some new faces as well. My buddy Randy had a great time and just couldn't get over how giving everyone was, I'm glad he got to experience this weekend.
There were some very special and moving moments this weekend, I know I wasn't the only one who got choked up more than once and when something hits you that hard emotionally you know it was special.

Thank you all

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
OK, where are the pics???  :D  

Been getting some stuff done around the house today and find myself smiling now and then when I remember one conversation or another with all of you fine people.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey Greg, tell Randy thanks again for those boots he let me borrow on Saturday. Sure as heck saved my toes!
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Guys and Gals, I have some good news, while Cindy and I were cleaning the house today Cindy found a money order from Phil Frame for $100!! I knew we had it but it was just misplaced for a short time!! That makes the Grand total $6000 for the kids of St.Judes!!  OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Thats awesome Shawn!!!

I have been thinking about all of the people I wanted to thank...
I would try to list them, but in the fog I was in, Im sure I would forget to write down a name or ten...seems like the whole weekend all of you were helping me out. The conversations, the arrow send off.

I will say a big THANKS to Curt. My bunny acted as if he was getting ready to run away(to me anyway) and I did not want that as it wasa VERY SPECIAL rabbit, so I asked Curt to grab him. He didnt hesitate. Thanks man.

To the rest of you all, thank you. It was tough at times, and at other times it was easy. I felt like I was with family, and I kept thinking about how my Dad would have loved every minute of it.  :campfire:  

OK, Im trying to get all the mushy stuff out so I can start telling stories of the hunt.   :D  

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
Way to go everyone! Now on with the stories   :thumbsup:
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
...and the pics  :campfire:    :clapper:

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
Shawn, Cindy and family, from the very first hunt..what was that, seven years ago? to this last one, I've met/made friendships that will last a lifetime.

I remember that very first hunt...didn't know anyone and didn't know what to expect, left that hunt with a grin from ear to ear. And every year it's been the same.

life long memories and life long friends....you done did good my friend  :campfire:    :campfire:

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Curt has pics. as do others!! Please start posting pics. and stories, this Ol' Man is exhausted and I still have to put my house back together, would not have it any other way!! Thanks to everyone and I Love Ya All!! OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Hooper

• Trad Bowhunter
Shawn & family, It was my first time to attend and I had a great time. It was nice meet you Shawn and the fellow Tradegangers. I am glad to hear you raised $6,000 for St.Judes, that's great! I am sorry to hear that this is going to be the last time, but I can fully understand for that was quite an event. Thanks for the invite and for all you have done. Brian
Black Widow PSA III - 59#@31
Black Widow PSR III - 53#@30 1/2
Holm Osprey 62"- 55#@30"

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
You know, I had probably one of the worst days at work today.  Everything seemed so trivial.  I still feel that deep rooted satisfaction I had been missing in my soul.  Before the hunt every bad day at work just grew on me, now I'm happy to have the job and know there is more out there.

More fine people that give instead of take and more to life worthy of me focusing my attention.  

As your event lives on inside of me, I'm reminded of all the true things in life that make it worth living.  

Shawn If I help you clean up this weekend can we do a post hunt warm up? Perhaps it should be a cool down hunt   :biglaugh:

No Really Shawn I can come help clean anything this weekend if you need.

Charlie

6000.000 Buckaroos, 3 Bunnies and Millions of memories.  

OOOHHHHHHHHHH YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
I had fun with all involved and look forward to seeing everyone soon.
 Bring on some of the pics!!!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYEEEAAAHHHH!!!!!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Trab just sent this to me, and asked me to post it. I understand it is a cell phone pic, but I think it captures the mood of the weekend well.

I forgot my camera, so I didnt get a single picture all weekend. Im glad I saw a few of you snapping away.
                         -Jamie

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
I have about 20 pics.Ill get them uploaded tomorrow.Got a real busy night going on but I gotta give a quick thanks to Glenbo,Tdog and Charlie.The gifts I got from you fellas were rael nice, Im still stunned by the generosity.I promise I will show you guys the finished products sooner than later.Off work tomorrow, Ill tell a funny tale or 2 and try to get the pics up.Night fellas.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©