3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 29968 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Lets do some pix!!!!!

Friday night was just awesome for Cade and I...we weren't there for 10 minutes and still saying our hello's when Big Ed walked in with a brand new, made by "Big Ed" longbow for Cade! An absolute 48", rocket launching beauty!!!

Then Big Ed says he brought something for me as well...and in walked Tim Golder!

I've been inviting Tim and his boy up for years, but they could never make it. This year I didn't send an invite with everything going on....and he showed up with Ed...how cool!

The next morning things got started a little slow.....

Cade shooting his brand spankin' new "Big Ed" longbow at the steel bunny....
•  

My buddy "Glenbo" doing the same....
•  

The crowd was gathering....
•  

Jen in the middle of an incredible tumbling run down the plywood walkway to officially kick-off the 2010 JLMBH!!!!!
•  

The "Kid's hunt" participants...down a little from last year....
•  

Right before the kids hunt started, Cade was having a bit of a reaction to all the dogs we was playing with in the house. So I gave him some Benadryl to stop it.

The kids hunt started quick for him, he had a quick shot right off the bat! I think "Pop"(Dick) Langer might have even captured it on video!

The next push as he waited with Damon(nomad88), Shawn and I pushed another bunny at him again that he got a shot off at as well as many of the others...very cool again!

Damon and Cade after the shot....as you can see the Benadryl is starting to take effect...
•   '

My boy....check out the new bow!  Quilted Maple back veneers, and Red cedar on the belly...
•  

Leading the way....yes that's "huntmaster" Shawn with the mohawk!!!!!
•  
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Tyler Williams, "Ishiwannabe" (good to see him smiling!), "Shawn Leonard" (our huntmaster), Tylers' dad "Jeff Williams", and "Gaff"...

•    
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Grumpy Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Jamie that pic of you and swampbuck , explains it all and how great a weekend it is...

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Jen's flips were worth the ride down. She's amazing!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
GOODNIGHT and OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by vermonster13:
Jen's flips were worth the ride down. She's amazing!
Really...That was pretty cool!  :eek:    :thumbsup:
>>>>--TGMM family of the bow--->

Offline action jackson

• Trad Bowhunter
WOW...Nice Job Fellas!!   :clapper:    :clapper:  
Looks like a lot of fun and great memories!!..Thanks for sharing the day with us...
God Bless

Jack

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
Shawn, WOW it's been a great ride ! You and Cindy along with the rest of your family did a great job ! Thank You

My hero from the hunt was a little huntress that had a Robin Hood hat ! She kept up and never complaned at all ! Even when she got wrapped up in some rose bushes and we cut her out .

David there definitely was some greater power in the air ! Afer speaking with Jamie on Sunday it was confirmed.

On another note when we got back to the trucks after the greenhouse push Pete had a message on his cell phone. His father in law passed while we were pushing the greenhouse. My prayers are with him and Jamie.
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Kinda hard to say anymore than has already been said . . .

Thanks Shawn and Cindy for welcoming me into your home you've always made me welcome right from the very begining.Thanks to your girls too they helped out alot as well as dragged(not really    :notworthy:      :notworthy:  

I'll be back with the story of how Mikey(mcgroundstalker) cornered a bunny then called me over to . . .
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
I am trying to upload some pictures of the bunny hunt... How do I do it?
peter Osimanti

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry for your loss Pete,you and Jamie are in my thoughts
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Pete, sorry to hear that. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Some great pics already guys, keep them coming.

Mamba, there is a tutorial about it. Its just a matter of setting up a PB account, then emailing your pics to it. Then, copy the img code( I think it is on the bottom) and paste it into the reply box.

Awesome time, in more ways than one. Keep it all coming guys.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline woodworker

• Trad Bowhunter
Folks,
     While I was not there I appreciate you letting me be a part of the last  "JLMBH", many thanks goes out to the Leonard Family and all who participated, the money raised and the good times made can not be adequately tallied, the kids thank you!!
     My heart goes out to those who have received the worst of news but pressed on, my thoughts are with you and your families, Jamie and Pete.  All the best to all of you, Joe Flikkema

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
Another Great weekend in Selkirk NY..The Food was amazing..Gator WOW that was soooo good..Just spending two days with a bunch of people that love the same things you do..A lot of great moments with people, Even if it was only for a minute or two.I'm gonna miss this. A place to go where everyone is on the same page. Where we are all safe because we are watching each others back. The way it should be. Cade calling out numbers and doing it like a pro. All the kids just loving life. It past so fast. I'll never forget these hunts.I remember the first one Jeff and I made it too. We all fit on the back porch. It's just like a family reunion but better..I could go on and on.Just like to thank everyone for the time..It was great to see all of you..Cindy, Shawn..Thank you once again for opening your home, Your hearts, For a bunch of folks that need this time together to reminds us that there is good in this world. It's at a bunny hunt in Selkirk NY..Thank you guys you know who your are..Hope to see you all at the Muzzy..Tucker

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
http://s934.photobucket.com/albums/ad182/peteosimanti/jlmbh/?action=view¤t=589.jpg

Sorry if this doesnt work, somewhat computer illiterate.
peter Osimanti

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter

There you go Mamba. Your last pic was over the size limit.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline PhilNY

• Trad Bowhunter
Nice photos.Looks Like a good time was had by all.
Phil

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks David, now I have to figure out how to post them full size like Curt..
peter Osimanti

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
It's been said many times already but a special thanks to Shawn and Cindy for opening their home to us for such a wonderful cause. It's amazing what a small group of hunters can do for those kids at St. Judes. $6,000 is incredible. There's no doubt Tradgang is breaking the 100K mark this year for sure.   :goldtooth:  

Thanks for the memories and the good times. I'll never forget the feeling of watching my arrow hit it's mark on my first bunny ever. Makes me sad I wont be able to do it again next year but then again it makes it that much more meaningful. Gonna have to find some bunnies down here in Jersey.

Jamie, your a trooper for sure and I'm glad you made it out to the hunt. I think it helped us all a little to see you push on and enjoy the finer things in life that your dad taught you. The arrow send off hit home for alot of us just being a part of it with you. It's only fitting that you ended up with the JLMBH bow. Enjoy it and all the memories that go with it. Thank you again for the string certificate I sure do need a new one.

Terry, those gator bites were incredible. I think I got the last 2 or 3 in the pot but man were they good.

Curt, watching Cade and the other kids having such a good time is what it's all about and makes me want to spend more time out in the field with my sons. He's a good kid for sure and an excellent shot too.

Big Ed, you're an amazing soul aswell watching you give away your prizes to the kids was very cool. It goes to show there truely are some kind people left in this world. That bow you built cade is a rocket and a piece of art. Nice work.

I hope to get to meet up with some of you guys again whether it be down here at whittingham or hopefully the muzzy shoot. Thanks for the memories.
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©