3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 29967 times)

Offline Allegan Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Great job guys!   Looks like a good time was had by all.

I just posted Something similar to this in the thread for the Michigan Bunny stomp but it holds true for you as well:

You guys have every right to be proud of what you have done.   You raised a great amount for the kids at St Judes all the while putting ALL HUNTERS, not just trad bowhunters, but ALL HUNTERS in a positive light.  
   :clapper:  

Unlike the antis... you did this not to gain something for yourselves but simply because it is the right thing to do.

THANK YOU!  I am so proud to be associated with such a great group of people, that happen to be traditional bowhunters, than anyone can imagine.

Keep up the awesome job!
Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, grace and power in it.-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Excellence is not a single act, but a habit. ---Aristotle

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Thank you so much for the kind words about Cade    :notworthy:   I'm awful proud of my "little man"....

Last year was his first year to come to the bunny hunt. Even with Shawn nagging on me to bring him, I was still very hesitant. I just didn't want him to be a burden on anyone. I knew if he got tired and didn't want to hunt anymore, I couldn't go back with him as I knew Shawn would need me out there to help him. He said don't worry about a thing, Cindy and the girls will take good care of him.....

Well I brought him last year and he just had a blast! Even when he wasn't out in the field, he had a wonderful time with all the girls in the house....he was in very good hands!!  He couldn't say enough good about how well he was taken care of!  

I never doubted he would be well taken care of, just didn't want to bother anyone.....he fit right in!

This year there was no holding him back and he was looking forward to staying back with the girls and helping them, as much as hunting with us. Just like last year, he's still talking about how much fun he had!

Cindy, Nichole, Allison, and Heather...Thank you so, so much for taking such good care of my boy....we luv you all!

OK....where were we....

The next kid's push, I was a pusher and Shawn took Cade.  This was a rough one for Damon.  He and I were down by the creek and some real thick cover. He was doing his best to try to bust as much brush as possible and decided to go across the creek on some shaky looking ice.....you'all can probably figure out where this is going....

I said to him..." be careful on the ice, it doesn't look too thick"....his response of ...."I'll be Ok" wasn't 2 seconds out of his mouth and down he goes!!!!!!

One leg crotch deep...he grabs a log and tries to get back up and then his whole arm on the same side goes in all the way and his face is right on the water as he holds on to the log with his other arm and leg!!!!

I paniced for a second, but then he got himself righted on the log...got up...dried his face...and said he was just fine and continued on!!!!  I don't think anything bothers that guy!  He just kept on smiling and breaking brush for the kids.  

Damon, you rock buddy!!!!!

Cade told me he got another shot at another scampering bunny on that push...shot #3 for him. But he was REALLY feeling the Benaryl now....with one more good push to go...he wanted to go lay down.
But I stayed with him on the last push and tried to keep him up-beat as the drivers worked their way toward us. Shawn was coming in from our right and was in sight when he yelled...BUUUUUUUNNNYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was coming right at us!!!
•  
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
I have an "over the shoulder" video of the rabbit cutting right in front of Cade and him shooting....but have no way of posting it from my computer...can't seem to get it emailed either...

I'll figure something out to get it posted, David's "I always wanted to do this" video, and the "tribute" video that ended the hunt...

So anyway the bunny comes rocketing by Cade and he swings and shoots...not missing by very far at all...it's was very,very cool!

Heading back to the house for a bite.....Jen R., David K., Cade, and Terry R.....
•  

Jen "the arrowslin ger"and proud Papa, Terry Receveur....
•  

The whole group before Saturdays hunt....the fun begins!
•  

As was mentioned earlier, Jamie was not "alone" this weekend. Without a doubt, his dad was looking over him and smiling down from a better place...

Jamie "Ishiwannabe" made a great shot and there was no way this one was going to get away if I had anything to do with it!

I don't think Jamie will ever shoot anything with his bow that'll mean more to him, and all of us, than this bunny...
•  

Wow, that was tougher then I thought it would be for me to type....

Tom "Swampbuck" had also made a great shot on the "island of trees" push. He was using a "made by him" wicked looking blunt.....
•  

Check out what it did...by the looks of this bunny's ears, he's had a close call with a shotgunner. He wasn't so lucky with Tom around!
•  

Good stuff....
•  

Bill Langer,"Barzoo" Bill's brother in law, Jen R, Big Ed, and Bill's "rock star" dad Dick Langer...Hangin' with the Langer crew is a real treat!
•  
Curt } >>--->   

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Very cool!  :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
Great pics as usual, Curt. Really captured every moment there, bud...

:thumbsup:
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Just took a shot with the selfbow (made by Glenbo) I won at the raffle.Braced her the other nite and drew being careful to not hold at full draw but today I launched my "Bernie" arrow as the first one and she woulda killed the deer.Only got 1 shot cause the tip came unglued and I didn't have the heart to put carbon thru her...gotta go lunch is over
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Then, while I was a sitter on the "circular field" push, we could here the yells that someone had connected once again....

Jason "Imskippy" and his Zona 'curve had made good.....
•  

Nothing else was killed on the last push of the day, "the rabbit valley"....we were off to eat...
•  

The generosity of TG'ers is amazing. Check out all the "stuff" for the St. Jude raffle....
•  

Cade helping the girls and David with some last minute raffle tickets....
•  

Another great day at the JLMBH!!!
Curt } >>--->   

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Well done Curt-your pics combined with the story telling bring back great memories of that day and imagine it makes someone who was not there feel like they were.-Bill

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
Curt, what's that on Cade's belt in the last pic?

It's nice to see some familiar faces, even if it is just in pictures.  It's also nice to see I'm not the only one with more gray in my hair LOL!

I can't tell you how much it hurt not to come this year, especially since I was called away last year at the beginning of the hunt on Saturday!  If any of you - and I mean this - feel like hunting CT this year you have a place to stay!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Lots of good reading and pic viewing today....thanks...and congrats on the bunnys and the donation for the kids!!!   :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks Chris and Bill    :notworthy:  

Jeremy, That's right bud, that's the knife you made and gave to him last year. He never skips an opportunity to wear it and show it off. he;s learned to handle it real well....thanx again    :notworthy:   You were missed    :(
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I was on the second wave of pushers in the "Island of Trees" when I heard that a bunnie had run through and behind us......I could hear Mikey yelling to Tom, and the next thing I heard was a loud OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH  YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH from Tom, what a sweet sound that was!  We finish the push, and I find out that Jamie had killed a rabbit too.  My weekend was complete right there, little did I know what was to follow for Jamie, I can't describe the feelings that came over me through the rest of the weekend, but I will say that I am proud to know him and call him a friend........

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Nice pics Curt, congratulations to all I wish Joe and I could have made it again this year we look so forward to seeing everyone. Shawn    you and your family are the best   :notworthy:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
The next push was through the "Honey Hole", and then back again. It was during this push that Big Ed suffered a pretty good cut to the left side of his face.  After the first push through the Honey Hole, we were standers, along with Tim.  Ed needed some medical attention, and Tim came through like the true professional and friend that he is........YES, that is electrical tape!!!!

Not only is Shawn in good rabbit country, but he's in pretty good deer country too......this is from the "Circular Woods", where we also happened to push three deer out, including a buck that still had antlers.....

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I was an electrician for 15 years, electrical tape can cure a lot of ailments.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
David wont be able to resize that pic.Big Ed is just that big! Hes got big enough class and a heart big enough to go along with the pic.  :thumbsup:

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
I remember a rabbit charging a young man named Tyler (no not my son) and he had to actually kick it to save himself!

Izzy, didn't get a ton of time to talk or hunt with you, but I sure liked seeing the fun Noah was having. He is a great young man.

Jamie, I sure was glad to have you and your "spirit" around for the weekend. It is interesting how a little devine intervention can help deal with grief. Your dad must've been a special man! Thanks for sharing your time with us.

Big Ed, that was a fine bandaging job! Can't wait to shoot some rays with you this spring.

Skippy and John (Bahrzoo)we're still on for some bowfishing.

Curt, first thing Sat. morning when I was talking with Cade I asked him if he was going to get a rabbit this year. He said "I'm sure going to try" and he did!  He was a great help with the raffle. Tell him we all say Thanks!

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Fellas,,, having problems loading my pics from Kodak to photobucket but Ill get it done.I got some real beauties.Little ones,orange clad mobs,bunny dogs, cave men and assorted faces that only a mother and us could love.Well,, there were 2 pretty faces in the crowd thanks to Ailee and Jen. Oh you too Mikey.  "[dntthnk]"

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I've tried to resize that thing five times now, I had it, left and came back to find that Ed just won't let me do it!!!!!  :smileystooges:   Goona delete it from photobucket and try again.....  :knothead:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey Izzy... The caveman wouldn't be our cousin Ray, would it?  ;)  

... mike ...  :D  ..
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©