3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 29926 times)

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
That is a supernatural moment ....
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Trab

• Trad Bowhunter
Working in a classroom teaching a group of High School students, I had told them about my upcoming hunt in the weeks leading up to the 20th......only one of them is into hunting, but we often discuss it because they know how much I love it and are good enough kids to engage me about it...my point is the idea of the Bunny Hunt didn't quite excite them like it did all of us.....that is at least, not until I began showing them the pictures that have been trickling out since Sunday....I have shown them more each day....put them on the smart-board in the front of the class....so I just wanted to let all you guys know that these guys were loving the photos, and suddenly it seemed like they were asking me questions about, bowhunting, not just to "appear" interested, but because they actually were "becoming" interested....

Just so you know, what I am describing says a lot....the kids I teach are some troubled kids and are not easy to connect with....the JLMBH has some power when it touches a group of teens and the only means of exposure was a bunch of photos ....these are some POWERFUL photos...!!!
   :clapper:  

Trab
“The virtue lies In the struggle, not the prize”
Richard Monckton Milnes

Mark Trabakino
[email protected]
Stormville, New York

Offline Trab

• Trad Bowhunter
Just got the phone call that schools are closed today down here in Dutchess County, .....THANKS A LOT FOR DANCIN LAST NIGHT CHUCK  !!!!!!  Do you have the endurance to dance every day from now till June ?   :bigsmyl:
“The virtue lies In the struggle, not the prize”
Richard Monckton Milnes

Mark Trabakino
[email protected]
Stormville, New York

Offline chanteyman

• Trad Bowhunter
Thought I'd throw up a couple more pics,it's all I can throw out until I upgrade my photobucket account.

The tribute shot.

And the skull that I didn't think Boo would be able to hit. Her's is the yellow arrow, mine is the black one that missed.

Later all,

Michael

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
That photo is just awe inspiring.

I coped a lot of grief for going away to this hunt, some people just don't get it, but being a part of it and reading all the posts about what it meant to everyone, I am very happy I went. I am humbled to be a small part of such a wonderful group of people.

Jamie, when I turn those rose shoots into arrows I will be thinking of you, you father, and everyone associated with the JLMBH.

Tony
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
What a great photo..That was a great way to end the hunt..More pix are needed..

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Day 2 pix.....

The "rolling" running bunny...Can someone tell me who the fella is rolling?
•  
•  

Tyler....
•  

"Little Pete"...He smiled all weekend....
•  

Noah....
•  

Cade and our buddy Gary K....
•  

The crew heading to Briarback Mountain.....
•  

Alei, Jesse, Noah, and Pete....
•  
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Little Pete...check out that smile!
•  

Cade and his "Big Buddy", Big Ed...thanx again bro!
•  

"Woodchucker"  showing the results of "Briarback"!!!!
•  

Me and my little buddy...
•  

Greg and Nephew Jesse...
•  

The poor cow skull...
•  
Curt } >>--->   

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
You took some great photos Curt.    :thumbsup:    :notworthy:    :clapper:
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
I'll have few more in a bit...

Thanx Dave    :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Jamie -

Great story, I'm sure your Dad was there then and will be always.

Curt -

The gentleman rolling the disc is a hunting buddy of Bamboo and myself - Dave Morris.  His handle is highlow.
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Awesome pics everyone. Pete's smile says it all.

Im still awed by that arrow tribute picture...

I got to watch the kids shooting the "bunny discs", and man I was impressed. You guys are raising a bunch of deadly shots!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
That is an awesome pic Jamie ! One of the draw backs of having the Dog is Scott with Ziggy and I with Sonny missed being out there for that one.I,m pretty sure our paths will cross again and I'll take care of that

As the orange army     :biglaugh:    marched along the airstrip we held the dogs back letting things get set with the standers way up front and around the back side of the island of tree's. As we approached the wide section just before the isle I figured it was safe to turn the dogs loose figuring that the bunnies would head down into the isle,ofcourse they didn,t all follow the script and Sonny was in hot pursuit out the back to where we would hunt later.I used the collar to call him off and get him back where I wanted him but with his garage incident the day before he was quick looking for me heading back to the house.Cindy called and said she had him THANK YOU I know he was a pain in the *#%^* since I wasn't there and he wanted to hunt.

Just before I got that call and was heading to go get him and I heard Mike(mcgroundstalker) hollar "Tom ,Tom"
I saw him go in right there ...
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
So how much snow you got now Shawn. :)
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline ScottV_7

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by swampbuck:
[QB] That is an awesome pic Jamie ! One of the draw backs of having the Dog is Steve with Ziggy and I with Sonny missed being out there for that one.I,m pretty sure our paths will cross again and I'll take care of that

Hey Tom it's Scott actually.
  :goldtooth:  

I do hope we get a chance to hunt together again.  Even though I never connected on any of my half dozen or so shots, it was the most fun I've had rab, er, bunny hunting in awhile.  It's great just to hear the dogs work.  And you couldn't ask for a nicer group of folks to spend a weekend with.
JK Traditions Kanati 48#@28"  
Fedora 560 52" 44#@26"

"Skin that one pilgrim, and I'll bring ya another!"

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Opps Sorry at least I got the first letter right I shoulda gone back and checked LOL fixxed now
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Scott and Ziggy....
•  

Tom and Sonny...
•  

Sonny...
•  

Ziggy...
•  

Gregg and his bud...
•  

The Tribute...I'll have to get the video to you Jamie...
•  

That's all the pix I have guys...
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Huntrdfk@Work

• Trad Bowhunter
I felt bad for the guys that were standers on Briarback Mountain, knowing that they would have to wait close to an our before we got to them.....but not as bad as I felt for us, for this is what we faced.......   :scared:      :scared:  

The orange you see is a pusher that is maybe 20 yards in front of me in an open cut, I had ten yards of h**l to go through to get to him......

Here is a line of standers that would eventually turn to pushers, this was a cut that was a couple of hundred yards in to the push of Briarback...

David

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Man briar back mountain gives me the chills. I actually had a bunny at 2 ft while pushing BB Mountain. I couldnt shoot. Had an arrow nocked and everything, but the rose bush has such a hold on me I couldnt draw. He eventually ran towards Jeff and Mike, and I fell over, freeing myself from the roses.

Curt, Michael- thanks for the pics. Kinda speechless about those two pics.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
Man I'm gonna miss this..Next winter is gonna be a long one...BUNNY!!!!!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©