3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 29913 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
I will have some final posts and a final thought and Thankyou as always. The upcoming final Thankyou will be a bit different as I will re-cap why this whole thing started and why now after 7 years it has come to a close. This one will be tough and very emotional. I am gonna just sit and write it, so it may ramble a bit but it will be genuine and from the heart. I will post my final thoughts and Thankyou tomorrow evening. What a long strange and wonderful trip its been! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH YYYYYEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Lots of fun had, memories made and more importantly a brotherhood created.
THANK YOU SHAWN AND CINDY and everyone involved!!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I have a hard time coming back to this thread without getting a little teary eyed.  I'm sad that The bunny hunt may be over but happy I was able to experience it.  

I first heard about it when I first met Trad Gang friends Bow Spirit and AdirondackKen.  By they way they spoke of the event I knew it was a must attend.

I'm glad I did!

Bob, I left that bunny there for you, so don't say I never gave you anything   :biglaugh:

Hope to cross paths with such fine individuals again away from the computer.  

Jamie, I don't think anyone else was better deserving of the JLMBH bow than you!  How's the wife and you enjoying the Pink outfit? you dont have to answer that!   ;)
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Peter Smith

• Trad Bowhunter
I am glad to have shot,hunted and shed blood with all of you!  Kurt, you have a mighty good kid there, its good to know that our sport will be in good hands for years to come. All the kids were so awesome.I hope to see you all this summer.

Pete
You get what you get.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
I havent posted to this thread as much as in years past, I guess Im just in denial that it was the last.All I can say is "Thank You" Shawn, for all you have done for us and the kids, ours and St.Judes. You are a giant among men.I have made memories with family and met friends to last me a lifetime. I am suprised that it ran for as long as it did, it takes a close and dedicated family to do what you and Cindy and your children have done.I will always return to this hunt in my mind and whenever I speak of the memories to family and friends.Thank you Bud.

Izzy

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm glad I made it up for this last one, even for only a handful of hours.  Thanks to the Leonards and all who contribute...its a big group of good guys and gals.

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
Words can't describe the memories that I have from the bunny hunts. From the first small get together where I met Shawn,Curt,Tom and Fran to the last couple of years where I have met trad gangers from serval states ! I never missed one and couldn't wait for the next one. It feels like a big family. Many of you I see at Sawmill,Denton Hill and Hawkeye and look foward to doing so for many years. Shawn, you will never know how many lives you have changed and how you helped traditional archery !!! All of you are welcome at my campfire anytime.  :campfire:  
Long live the memories of the Bunny Hunt !!!!!!!!!!!!!
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'm sad that Joe and I couldn't make this one but glad that we made the last three in a row. When we came to our first it set up a chain of events that has impacted my life in such a positive way that it would be hard to describe and hard for others to understand. The friendships that have been forged from this event are many and the fun that has been had is pale to the real reason for this get together and that's for the kids at St. Judes. Thank you Shawn for letting us come, I'll be seeing you all at the Muzzy, Sawmill or at Denton.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline chanteyman

• Trad Bowhunter
Some more pics.

Shawn and the kids

The only kill I got over the weekend.

Terry on one of the school pushes.

Pete and Pete.

Getting in place for one of the school pushes.

Right before a bunny gave half a dozen kids a shot.

Alei and Swampbuck getting ready for the second day.

Alei and Curt on the first push of the second day.

]

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Just before that pic was taken of myself and Alei...

I was approaching a pile along the field edge from in the woods, Alei was covering the outside in the field.

I thought I saw something move in the pile, and told Alei to get ready. As I got closer I tried to pick the pile apart to see if I could see the bunny, if in fact there was one in there. I couldn't, so I waded in and out goes the bunny...with Alei's arrow right behind it!!!!!

Very cool for me    :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Yup, I was there just the other side of Curt and Alei!! She can hunt with me anytime!! I believe she has what it takes to be a great little huntress and that is a great spirit and attitude. I have seen a lot over the years on this hunt and the the kids have never ceased to amaze me, they keep up with all of us and make us all smile just watching them participate and never complaining! I hope we have hooked a few for life!! Off to bed for now and I will be back to post later! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
Wow,I don't know what to say that hasn't been already.Showed up to a bunny hunt 5 years ago where I didn't know anyone and found out this was something special.Really gonna miss it.
To Shawn,Cindy & Co...thanks a million for all you're hard work all these years...you guys are incredible.   :thumbsup:    :notworthy:    :clapper:

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Shawn,

I'll try and keep this short.....

It has been a pleasure getting to REALLY know you over the years My Brother!!!!! I was fortunate enough to have known your Mom before she "made the journey" and she was a real sweetheart,and a truely wonderful woman!!!!! She reminded me so much of my own Mom,always happy to have a housefull of "Hunters" around!!!!! Your Dad is the BEST!!!!! I can still remember one of my first "Bunny Hunts",I was going into a multiflora thicket and your Dad "Jake" was right beside me going in..... when I got out the other side,Jake was sitting on a log with the selfbow that David made him on his lap,and his 1 arrow nocked on the string..... I was completely dumbfounded!!!!! I remember thinking "this old man must be half rabbit,and crawled through the $hi+ on his belly"..... I'll NEVER forget the way he looked at me and grinned,then he said "pretty thick in there huh???"

Shawn, you a your family have done a wonderful job in your Mother's memory!!!!! You,Cindy,"The Girls",Damon,(and your other "Son in-law" who this Old Indian's brain is to clouded to remember his name) are a true tribute to your Mother!!!!! She smiles upon you from the other side,and her heart is very glad!!!!! You have all done well!!!!!

I Love You My Brother!!!!! I am a better person for having you come into my life and treat me like family. Although there will never be another "Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt" I will continue to make the journey to Selkirk every year for a day of hunting Bunnys with you in your Mom's honor. The Great Spirit has sent me a vision,and this is how it will be.....

Take Care My Brother!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Peter Smith

• Trad Bowhunter
Happy Birthday Waptichasr!

Pete
You get what you get.

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks Pete ! Hope all is ok at home.
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Peter Smith

• Trad Bowhunter
Things are good as can be expected, heading to Hendersonville NC on Thursday, will be back the following week. Lots to do.

Pete
You get what you get.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry guys and gals, I have worked 28 plus hours O.T. in the last 4 days. I will be back with my final Thankyou later today!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Shawn,  Its everyone's fault you are still plowing. We made Chuck have so much fun he's still dancing, thought he would tire by now but I stand corrected.

Thanks again bud   :thumbsup:  

Get some rest, we'll be here when you are ready.   :cool:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Yea we got alot of snow here too,just got back a little bit ago from huntin down the rd where we hunted on that first get together and there was over a foot in the low spots without any tracks.Basically I took Sonny for a walk on whats the last day here.On the plus side I,m headin up north next weekend and the season will still be open...ooooooohhhhhh yeeaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
What you got for snow, we got rain, lots of it.  With the wind Thursday night many are still without power here, NH has declared a state of emergency.  Lots of work in the last couple of days, I know how you feel.....

As for the hunt, at the raffle Saturday night Jamie and I worked together getting the gifts going, he had his eye on this particular knife all night long, practically had to pry it from him to get it raffled off.......he didn't win it.  We got to the last raffle, and Shawn's announcement that this was to be the last hunt came first.  I know it wasn't easy for either Shawn or Cindy to do this, but I also understand that it's time..........the last prize was the JLMBH bow.  The number was picked, I knew it was close to me, which meant I knew it was close to Jamie too........he softly said that's me, once again other forces were working here.  Couldn't have happened to a better guy at a better time......

Sunday's hunt brought the Greenhouse push and the dreaded Briarback Mtn push.  I've never sat that push, and with this being the last hunt, and knowing that it was the last time I would have to endure it, I went again.  Alas, no bunnies were killed Sunday, (maybe an omen that it IS time for the hunt to end), and we all returned to Shawn for a bite to eat before we said our goodbyes.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©