3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 29974 times)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
 I thought this was a canned bunny hunt?  
After you see Brier back mountain, you will come to the realization that they are earned with one drop of blood at a time   :scared:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
It's a great time, I be headed over with some off the crew from last year!!

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
This hunt really is about the kids! The ones at St. Jude and the ones that show up!  Thanks Shawn for providing a great opportunity for our kids!

My daughter!

The whole kid crew from last year! Notice the big one in the center!

Izzy and Noah showing that a smile says it all!

Yep! Girls are welcome!

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
You couldn't buy those smiles..Priceless..

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Its time for a warm up...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Yup, warm up Sunday at 1pm. I hunted tonight with Meat!! Big dude from last years hunt. Him and I have become very good buds, he dragged out 4 of my deer this year as well!! I put him in for a give-away from Danny Rowan and he won. I was shocked when the bow arrived from Danny. It was a Dale Dye one piece with medicine wood limbs,osage and purpleheart riser with pierce points no less. He about fell over when I gave it to him. Well we hit the woods at 3:45 today and there was tons of sign but we only saw 8 rabbits in the hour we hunted. One shot and one miss but we had an awesome time and now the over thousand dollar bow has been broke in and has a few marks from the wild rose just as it should be!! Things are coming together and I am starting to recieve some donations as well. Tomorrow I am gonna start the roll call, so be ready to post. You will not want to miss this one as there are gonna be some huge surprises!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Man thats who got that bow? Thats awesome. I hunted along side of him a lot last year, and couldnt happen to a more hardcore bunny hunter.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Man, Terry that pic is my favorite.I have several blown up and haning around the house.The first time I brougt him to Shawns he was 5 and I had to lug him on my back the snow was so deep.I was amazed at how so many strangers there treated him as if he was their own and thats what really got me hooked on this lifestyle.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Jamie, he about passed out when I gave it him!! He shoots it real well too!! Add it to the list! I have to admit the kids are what really make the hunt for me anymore. When Cindy and I watched the video that was the first thing we commented on, how great it was watching them all lined up  waiting for a buuny to bust out and the smiles on all their faces! Hope we can get them a kill on their hunt, which starts 10am. saturday morning!! Here is a big one for the kids!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Ill be at the warm up for sure.Been stuck in a class all week and cant wait to get out with bow in hand.

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I hear ya, It'll be nice not only to meet what sounds to be top notch people but to also hold a bow in my hands once again in the out of doors.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Black Widow-6
Morrison-1
Harold Couch-1
Griffin-2
Pearson-2
AMF Wing-1
Shakespeare-1
RER-4 that I can think of...
Leon Stewart-1
Hoyt-2
Bob Lee-3
Bear-10
Aim-1
Chaparral-1
Shrew-2
Legend-1
Mikuta-1
Mahaska-1
Big River-1
Whisperstik-2
Dryad-1
Monte Dunaway-1
Timberhawks-2
Centaurs-3
DAS-2
Zipper-1
Saluki-1
Great Northern-1
Ambush-1
Hummingbird-1
Saxon-1
Custom By Corky-1
GL Mantis-1
Kabekona-1
Dale Dye-1

Seflbows-6

38 Bowyers, 65 bows.
                         -Jamie

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Page 2?!  :saywhat:
                         -Jamie

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
hey shaun, is "meat" gonna be there for the warmup on sunday?? i remember last year he was shootin that old bear recurve. he took to it like a fish to water!!!
he was a good guy as well!!

gaff
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
This is what we are looking for! I snapped this photo as the bunny ran past at warp speed on the kids hunt! They were all great kids and not a one even thought about shooting when the rabbit was close to people!

Offline Huntrdfk@Work

• Trad Bowhunter
That's pretty cool Terry, can't say I'm suprised on how the kids reacted though......you summed it up with "They were all great kids....."

David

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
OK folks, I need ya to start posting that you are coming. I will change the title and add that a roll call has been started. I need to know by early next week if you are attendind so I can make arrangements for the bar-be-que!! Also so David can start the food list!! Here we go!!OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Remember to post a kid or spouse anyone, I need a pretty solid number. Last year we had 96, so I need to know within a couple. When we have a number I will post more info and david will get the list going for food and drinks and such. If we have less than 80 I am doing it at the house. Only cause it makes the hunting easier!! OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Noah and Izzy will most definateley be there.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©