3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 30058 times)

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
I didn't know he moved away..Dave I'll get the Paper plates..

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Jim, I think the only times I ever saw Damon was in a rainstorm at the Muzzy.I think 3 or 4 times.Either that or emerging from a rose bush bleeding half to death, probably at least 3 or 4 times as well.Hes a good fella.

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Cyclic-Rivers:
Joe,

It takes me about 17 hours to get to Wausau. It all depends on Chicago, if I get through during non-rush I can make it in 16.  I've made it in one push, it was convenient when my buddy lived 1/3 way but now he's back in WI. From where you are at it's about 13-14 hours.

You are more than welcome to stay at my place if you can swing it, Bring your son or a buddy and the drive will be quicker. That way we can swap WI hunting stories then at the hunt you can learn about NE hunting.

Charlie

PS, I can bring a couple packages of plates, Not sure how many in a package but I'll bring some heavier ones that don't fall apart with Curt's pulled swine!
Thanks Charlie, you got my wheels rolling in my mind! I'm like I could make that drive easily, then I remembered I have to work on Saturday!    :readit:   I should plan on this for next year!
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Any time Joe just bring some stories to share!

See you next year    :cool:  

Glad to see the Wi hunts was a success!  Ordered my arrows from Paul at Badger Arrow. Was glad he donated to JLMBH's cause last year.  

Only 3 weeks or so OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

ps my Big River will be at the hunt, I should have it on Thursday!!
can I get another OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Huntrdfk:
Ok everyone here's what is left on the food list......

Originally posted by Huntrdfk:
Ok, the food list is up to date on page #22.  To help out a little, here is what we still need......

Drinks
Snacks
Targets

David [/b]
David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey David! Why do we "need" more targets? Ain't we got enough bunnies to shoot at? ...   ;)  ... Well, I'll bring a few Muzzy type squares and a small field point block with paper rabbits on it.

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thank you Sir Michael........  :notworthy:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Guys, it kills me that Nicole and Damon moved away,  only having my daughter move but Damon who had become my best friend! Not many guys can say their son-in-law is their best friend!! I cannot wait to see them and their 3 dogs!! Guys lets get this food list done!! We can never have to many drinksor food for that matter. Getting the BBQ all set this Friday, the lady is swinging by to talk and check out her set-up!! This is gonna be good!! I am really looking forward to seeing all ya again, not to mention what a rush it is to hunt with 80-100 people all at once. I am sure my Mom would be proud of all of us, she really loved everyone and thatwas when we had only 40 people or so!! I know she is saying OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ScottV_7

• Trad Bowhunter
I'll bring a case of H2O and a case of Gatorade along too.  And my Rinehart 18-1

Scott
JK Traditions Kanati 48#@28"  
Fedora 560 52" 44#@26"

"Skin that one pilgrim, and I'll bring ya another!"

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Here is the complete up to date food list....still need a couple of main dishes and drinks....

Beverages-
2 cases of some type of sport drink--------->McGroundstalker(2), StoneKnife(2)LeeNY(1)ScottV_7(1), Larry
1 cases of canned soda or juice(no glass)--->McGroundstalker(2)Bowspirit(1)Dave Alaxanian(1), Mamba (1)
2-3 gallons of orange and apple juice---> imskippy, Southpawshooter
cases of Bottled Water-------->David(2)LeeNY(1), Vermonster13(2)ScottV_7(1), Hooper (2), Tom Phillips
Main Dish-Enough to feed 10-15 people-------->StoneKnife, Jaimie, Razorback, ScottV_7, Swampbuck, IndianaBowman, Guru, Dave Alaxanian, Mamba, Glenbo
Hot Dogs and Rolls 6 dozen of each---->Bamboo
Lunch Meat+Cheese-5-6#s of lunch meat-2-3#s of cheese--->Gaff
Chips---->Izzy(2), Ron W
Pickles-3-4 jars----->JWilliams
Cereal+Milk-4-boxes and 2 gallons milk---->David
Donuts----->Izzy(2)Razorback, Ron W
Bagels +(4) Cream cheese-3-4-dozen---->Lar43
Condiments(Butter 3#s, mustard, ketchup,Hellmans Mayo, relish)---->Peter Smith
6ft. sub---------->Shawn
coffee, cream,sugar hot chocolate, tea-------->Shawn
Chili--------->Shawn,BowSpirit
Stew, soup,------------->ScottV_7, Izzy
rolls and bread-------------> DrewsBow
3 Deserts--------->Jaimie,ChanteyMan, Guru(Cookies), Big Ed,
Snacks/Fruit----------->IndianaBowman(GatorBites)LeeNY(case of chips)Big Ed(Venison Slim Jims), Imskippy, Hooper
Bananas---------->DrewsBow
Paper Towels 6-8 rolls----->Cyclic Rivers
Paper Plates heavy duty ones--->Izzy(50)TDog, Skipmaster
Plastic bowls or paper bowls---->ChanteyMan, Dave Alaxanian
Styrofoam Cups for hot beverages at least 120--------->ChanteyMan
plastic silverware, knives,forks and spoons 100 or so of each-------->JWilliams
Large Garbage Bags----------->Homer
Box of 1 gallon zip lock bags-------->Homer
Three rolls of aluminum foil--------->Homer(All)
One large cooler with ice(three bags each)------>JWilliams, Skipmaster
A few targets------>Black Hole,Reinhart 18" Ball-David, Block Target-JWilliams, Skipmaster, ScottV_7, Mcgroundstalker,

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I don't know what you have for snow over your way Shawn.......I think Chuck missed his target again, it's been snowing since Sunday afternoon here!!!!!!!!!!

CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Guys don't be afraid to bring more food...we can always use it!

A lot of names said they're coming, but some haven't mentioned bringing food or something we need....don't be shy!

No need for Shawn to dip into his pockets with the amount of guys that are attending.

And if you're coming, don't just show up, Shawn needs to know who's eating Saturday...he needs a definite head count!

Gonna be a great time guys!!!!!  Let's all chip in    :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Guys, I have been keeping a big secret!! Here we go, someone from this site is donating a  very nice prize. I know they go for over $2500 and we are gonna hold a seperate rafflefor this, it the  is still a secret but it will be worth coming just to have a chance at this!! Stuff for the raffle keeps coming in and I hope to get more!! Food is coming along very well and we will be OK, we can always order a ton of pizzas if we run low!! Please remember a small donation for the firehous as well, they are good to us!!  Parking will be out front and at the airport, none outback unless the ground is frozen hard!! We need snow, as we have nround exceptone on the ground except in thewoods and valleys!! Took Molly out  for chukars today and we went thru the rabbit valley chasing a bird, I saw 5 bunnies there in less than 10 minutes so lets get after them. 19 is gonna be tough to beat, but we will try!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bunnies Beware!!!

Ok Shawn, you cant half spill the beans.  Your killing me whats the prize?     :bigsmyl:    :rolleyes:    ;)
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
 Guys, I have been keeping a big secret!!  
:scared:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
Other than a trip somewhere, what costs $2500 in the trad archery world.
Gonna be good.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
A big secret??? Hmmm....you been wearing the team pink outfit?!  :biglaugh:  

Sounds great, I cant wait. I think it would be an understatement at this point to say I NEED this...

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
Don't matter what the secret is I'm still coming and I will donate more this year than I did last year and I hope everyone else will too.   :thumbsup:    :notworthy:  

What Shawn and his family do for us one weekend a year and for the children of St. Judes all year long is amazing.   :clapper:    :clapper:  

As a parent of a child with a disablilty I feel for the families of these children and hope that my contribution (as trivial as it may seam in the grand scheme of things)helps even a little.   :pray:    :pray:  

I look forward to seeing you all and getting to know you better again this year. See you all friday evening as long as all goes as planned.

Oh and David I'll add some snacks to the apple/orange juice I already promised.

Skippy
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline Huntrdfk@Work

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks Jason, I'll add it when I get home.

David

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
The only thing that I can think of worth $2500.00 is a personal archery lesson from my buddy WAYSIAH!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©