3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 30103 times)

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Get the bow info to me guys...lets get this list up to speed.

Black Widow-7
Morrison-1
Harold Couch-1
Griffin-2
Pearson-2
AMF Wing-1
Shakespeare-1
RER-4 that I can think of...
Leon Stewart-1
Hoyt-3
Bob Lee-3
Bear-10
Aim-1
Chaparral-1
Shrew-2
Legend-1
Mikuta-1
Mahaska-1
Big River-1
Whisperstik-2
Dryad-1
Monte Dunaway-1
Timberhawks-2
Centaurs-3
DAS-2
Zipper-1
Great Northern-1
Ambush-1
Hummingbird-1
Saxon-1
Custom By Corky-1
GL Mantis-1
Kabekona-1
Dale Dye-1
Chekmate-1
Martin-1

Seflbows-6

39 Bowyers, 72 bows
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Huntrdfk@Work

• Trad Bowhunter
Oh boy, look at those bows......I'm hoping to shoot a black widow or two, a griffin, a shrew, a centaur, an rer, a DAS, and a........Hope there is enough time for all of this.....     :archer:    

Thanks Tom, I'll get those added.

David

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Jamie,

I count 71 bows.  Not trying to double check, I was just curious before I scrolled down to see you already had a tally.

Just like me to create work for myself.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
Bunny...Bunny...Bunny coming at ya!!!!!!

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Shawn, I sent you a PM-Sean
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Folks here is how the day pretty much goes, for those new to the hunt. Arrive anytime around 7am. on Sat. We shoot and warmup in the yard and ya can start buying raffle tickets anytime. At 10 we start the youth hunt, 16 and under. While we are gone, Cindy and the girls serve lunch to everyone. This takes from 10:30 to around noon. The group from the youth hunt comes back and eats than we all leave as a group to begin "The Hunt" hopefully we leave the house by 12;30 or so!!  We hunt until dark at which time we head back to the house for dinner, followed by the raffle. Hopefully this is all wrapped up around 9, than off to bed whereever you are sleeping. Come back or get up and shhot some more, grab a quick bite than out the door again for Sundays hunt, we hunt until dark again unless weather(last year)dictates we may have to quit early. This is one of the best hunts you can imagine!! This year I am gonna grab someone to walk with me on every push, his way I can have a shooter ready while I jump the piles. Looking real good except again we need snow. I am not joking, this really helps to make the hunt!! Everyone start doing your best snow dance!! Chuck needs help this year so lets all get going!! See ya'all soon!! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
* Did anybody make mention about the need of Brush Pants and/or Chaps for this hunt. Don't wear your good wool or soft fleece clothes. They will be torn up in a day. Heavy canvas is the way to go.

* Most of the adults should wear a game vest to carry their own bunnies. Most of the time I get stuck with two or three rabbits in mine  :eek:  and need oxygen before too long.

* If ya have a pair of pruners maybe you should bring them along. They will be worth their weight in gold when getting an arrow, bunny, or yourself for that matter out of a wild rose tangle.

This is gonna be sooooooo much fun! Makes me feel like a kid again. Wish we could do it more than once a year....... Guess that just makes it better.

... mike ...  :archer:  ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Mike makes some good points, this is not a walk in the park. You will spill some blood and if ya don't, well than ya ain't been doing your job!! The folks who push have to make sure they step and jump on everything, I jump so many bunnies because I hit everything a lot of times I circle back and jump stuff again as I tend to get ahead of everyone!! Never carried clippers or trimmers cause that ain't me, but they can help in arrow and bunny retrieval, they can even help in making a shot(David)! We are gonna push the honey-hole this year, this will be only the 2nd. time in all our hunts and let me tell you, it is loaded with bunnies, I dare say it is better than the rabbit valley and briarback mountain. We will do well in this piece. Getting closer everyday !! Mikey all ya have to do is get in touch and we can go anytime my friend!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Dont forget bright colors....orange, chartruesse. Hard to see in quite a few of these locations, and safety is a BIG factor at this hunt. Everyone should be wearing something bright.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Gotta have those pruners so that when a bunnie holes up in a pile of snow and briars so thick you can barely see through you can cut yourself a shooting "area" and kill said bunnie!!!!  Right Jamie?

Jeans get torn up too, brush pants are the only way to go.......keep your eyes open at Dick's, you can get a pair pretty reasonable there.....

Briarback Mountain......  :scared:    :scared:    :scared:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
Just ordered a set or chaps from Cabelas for $20 hope they work alright. I figure for
$20 if they get ruined oh well. Gonna stop at lowes and get a pair or two of leather gloves too. Learned a few lessons last year about the thorns. These things are wicked sharp and hurt like a @%#$%.

Jamie, you can add my Zona Recurve to the list.

Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline LAR43

• Trad Bowhunter
Bring a pair of pruning clippers too!!!
They can be a life saver if you get locked up in those multiflora roses . . . & you will!!!
These ain't your everyday briars boys!!  :scared:  

Larry
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by LAR43:

These ain't your everyday briars boys!!   :scared:  

Larry
:clapper:

Looking forward to seeing you and Greg buddy!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
OUCH!! Larry this year I am gonna make time to visit with ya my friend!!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
 These ain't your everyday briars boys!!    :scared:    
When I hunt around home I laugh at the briars that we have around here, guy's I'm with will start whining about them. I tell them these are just a walk in the park compared to the bunny hunt, I show them the thickest brush we have and say now imagine if those were rose bushes with fish hooks on them   :scared:  Now you get the idea of what it takes to move rabbits at Shawn's   :thumbsup:  Hunting with Shawn has made me a better rabbit hunter a guy is never too old to learn   :clapper:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline ScottV_7

• Trad Bowhunter
Just a thought for those planning to wear chaps...

They might not give enough protection in let's say, crucial areas. I have never been to Shawn's but I have hunted a lot of multiflora rose. You are REALLY going to want full brush pants.  

I have an extra pair in 34/30 that I can bring if someone needs them.
JK Traditions Kanati 48#@28"  
Fedora 560 52" 44#@26"

"Skin that one pilgrim, and I'll bring ya another!"

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
 They might not give enough protection in let's say, crucial areas. I have never been to Shawn's but I have hunted a lot of multiflora rose. You are REALLY going to want full brush pants.  
I'm not worried, you know what they say. The older the buck the tougher the horn   :bigsmyl:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Just keep thinking... Hedgerows at Normandy! That's where them bunnies like to hide... Sometimes they let us pass right by. This is where Shawns tactic of "The Rear Guard Hunter" comes into play.

Little meatballs like me who can't keep up with the group cause my legs are sooooo short, hang back, and wait for those wittle wabbits to double back and BAM! We got stew meat!  :archer:  ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
You really are a gem Mikey!!    :notworthy:  

"Little Meatball"....That's perfect    :clapper:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm in folks...if work doesn't crop up am looking forward to getting out.  Haven't been able to get out with the boys in NJ this winter and need some friggin' exercise.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©