3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 30101 times)

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
Couple of questions.
Carhart bibs and jacket good enough?
We allowed to collect said briars for arrow making if we want?
Do the little ones need the briar protection, or are they fairly safe as standers?
Can this really be as good as you "old timers" make it out to be, and will my therapist believe it?
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Layer under the carhart pants, and maybe. I have seen people snip a few red dogwoods and roses for shafts, but I will let Shawn call that one, it is HIS hunt.

The little ones arent required to go through the nasty stuff....that being said, I have seen my share of them "get the fever" and dive right in. I even saw a few get tossed in...lol.

Is this hunt as good as we make it sound? Nope....it is way better.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Yes...
Yes...
Yes... Maybe So...
YES!!!... Bring him along too!
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Briars, shmiars!!! They aint so bad.Get me 10 sponsors to donate $10.00 each to St.Jude and I'll do a 100 yard drive on Briar Back Mt. in shorts.  :scared:

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Better wear a cup Iz...  :eek:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
i'll put up my money!! but lets make it the island of trees!!  i think you'd need a case of band-aids.. you'd look like a mummy when/IF you made it out..

gaff
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Izzy is a Real He Man! In fact, did I tell ya about the time him and David tried to handcuff me in Shawwns room........ Let's not go there.  :rolleyes:

Back To The Hunt..... Please....

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Stone Knife:

These ain't your everyday briars boys!!     :scared:    
When I hunt around home I laugh at the briars that we have [/b]
Couldn't have said it better!  Guys out here are amazed at the brush and thorns I walk through to get at birds; I just laugh and tell 'em "These ain't nothin'!"

I'm still hoping to call in as many favors as I can and make it for Saturday... I'll let you know Shawn.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Ok folks I have some important info so make sure ya tell everyone to check the thread!! We need a few more side dishes as we made some changes to the BBQ, like Mac Salad, potato salad or cole slaw!! The lady doing our barbeque came and we discussed some things, She is gonna do a half of chicken and baked beans at a ridiculus low cost of $5. We are going to charge $15 a person and the extra $10 will go to our kids at St. Judes!! A baked potato will come with the meal as well,how nice is that!! So tell everyone to check this out and let them know!! This alone will generate over 800 dollars for our cause!! That deserves a huge->>>----------> OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Nice Quote Jamie!  If this snow doesn't come and a driver is willing to go into the thick of the Island of trees, perhaps there will be a pile of arrows for them.  This well earned prize includes Jamie's Lucky arrow (which I might add was a little unlucky for me!)   :confused:  

Izzy, I'll donate the shorts. They are from the 80's and made for running.   :goldtooth:  

Great seeing you and meeting Noah.  Ron helped me Put some yarn on the bow today, it's a silent one   :eek:  

I am amped for this hunt!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Nice work Shawn

Sell checker said I misspelled something   :cool:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Jeremy and bjk we need you guys!! Do whatever it takes!! One of the best memories of this hunt dates back to the very first one. We were hunting a place a few miles from the house. Brian and I were kind of trailing the group and we watch a couple bunnies disappear in a snow hole. We ran over and I got down and slid my arm in, I grabbed a bunnies and as I did 3 or 4 more burst out the other side. I believe Brian managed a quick shot but we were both so stunned we just looked at each other and cracked up!!    
Jeremy also had a great moment last year with our first catch and release bunny of all our hunts, maybe he will tell the story as I have only seen it  video!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline chanteyman

• Trad Bowhunter
Just made my reservation at the hotel. Looking forward to it.

Michael

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Don't worry Shawn, This "Crazy Old Indian" Is working on it!!!!!   ;)  

Hmmmmm..... If I could only find that dang compass.....    :confused:  (sorry David!!!)

I'm DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!! I'm DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!! I'm DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!!    :bigsmyl:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
If you read this make a post so I know ya got the info!!! It looks like only about 65 or so this year, but ya can still come just let me know!! Everyone is welcome as for the BBQ I only need a few days notice!! Dig deep in your pockets and break the piggy bank, this is a great cause!! I have a bowfishing package I am donating AMS,bow the whole she-bang!! OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ScottV_7

• Trad Bowhunter
PM sent Shawn.
JK Traditions Kanati 48#@28"  
Fedora 560 52" 44#@26"

"Skin that one pilgrim, and I'll bring ya another!"

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sounds like a cheap meal to me   :thumbsup:  Heck I don't think that me and Joe can eat at MC Donald's for that   :notworthy:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Bunnies out everywhere, went out today training Molly on some birds and coming back to the truck we jumped some nasty stuff!! We did not shoot any but saw at least 10 in just a little over 200 yards!! I may have to take a walk with the myself before the jets game!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Check out my bow list on page 4. Let me know if ya would like me to bring one up to the hunt to try out. And yes, a TFV 48# @ 26" will be there.

* Gonna have some nice back quivers for the kids raffle so... Bring your little ones and buy tickets!

... mike ...      :archer:      ...

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
I just saw that you got those very cool quivers    :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©