3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 30115 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Yup, Curt has even blown up a Kwyk Styk on one of these hunts!! We do need the snow, I was gonna do a warmup again but right now with no snow, no warmup!! Tim,awesome, glad you and Dad can make it!! I agree people are holding out on the bows. I know of at least 15 guys who are coming and not posted!! No snow here, no snow here not even in the woods, but it will come!! Looking good!! Curt, you and I on a couple pushes together this year bud, than I will have a proven bunny killer by me!! OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Don't be such a wimp this year Chuck   :bigsmyl:

This is the kind of snow I'm talking about, some of Chucks finest work to date   :thumbsup:

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
That deserves an OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
I remember that swim..That was Crazy..

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Is that the year of the bunny Tunnels? If someone covers me I'll go in if we have snow like that!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
Here are some pix of the youth quivers mcgroundstalker picked up, from me earlier in the week, for the fund raiser.

There will also be some JLMBH buckles and belts headed out here soon.

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!  :notworthy:    :notworthy:

There are gonna be some VERY HAPPY Kids!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Hmmmmm..... Just checked the Weather Channel.....

Here I am,Dancin' around in circles,wearin' out my moccasins.....

and it's SNOWING IN KENTUCKY!!!!!!!!!!  :bigsmyl:

I'm DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!! I'm DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
WOW, Chris they are awesome!! Thanks for your support!! Yeah not only 30 plus "s of snow but 3 degrees with a windchill of minus 20 by the walk home, I held Sonnys jewels in my hands when I carried him a bit, on the way to the house! OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sweet lookin quivers. Gonna be some happy youngins around!

Good donation!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Hmmmmm..... Shawn carrying Sonny home with his jewels in his hand.....

(SOMEWHERE out there,is a picture of that!!!)  ;)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter

Three hard core bunny hunters right there!!    :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Man I have so many pix of these hunts...always cool going back looking for one.....

Someday I should get them all on a disc..... memories that I'll take to my grave    :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
Yeh Curt. Don't loose them to a computer crash, been there done that.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Mikey I aint carrying you out like Shawn carried Sonny no matter how many bows you offer me in trade.I just aint doin it so stop asking.  "[dntthnk]"

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Unfortunatly I missed last years "Bunny Hunt" but I've been to every one except the first one that Shawn had at his house. For all of you "first timers" You are in for the time of your life!!!!!

Just a few "Safety Reminders".....

#1) WEAR SOMETHING BRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Blaze Orange,Chartruse,"PINK"..... There are alot of people flinging arrows in all directions. With 20-30 "pushers" and 20-30 "standers" there are people EVERYWHERE!!!!! Many times while pushing over the years,the brush was so THICK that I couldn't see the guys on either side of me,and they were only 20-30 feet away!!!!! A good smallgame vest with Blaze Orange is a great idea,and it helps carry the bunnys you will hopefully shoot!!!!!

#2) SAFETY GLASSES!!!!!

The Briars and Thorns that you will encounter are NASTY!!!!! Unlike anything you have ever seen!!!!! To Quote Shawn..."If your pushin',and you ain't bleedin',YOUR NOT DOIN' YOUR JOB!!!" I've personaly seen Shawn lay down his bow,cover his face with his arms and do a running "belly-flop" into a multiflora thicket!!!!! We are all there to have fun,but I'll never forget the chilling feeling when I heard Curt holler "Hey Shawn!!! I just got stuck in the eye!!!!!" People hollered back and forth if he was OK and then Curt said "somebody's gonna have to come get me,my eyes all full of blood and I can't see".When it was all over,all it was,was a very NASTY scratch to his eye lid. He was VERY LUCKY!!!

#3) ARROW POINTS!!!!!

Shawn has a simple rule..... NO BLADES!!! However,over the years I have seen some NASTY LOOKING "bunny killers" that guys have made up!!!!! It is after all,"All about killin' the bunnys"..... But,over the years I have seen arrows do some CRAZY things while rattleing through the brush and bouncing off trees. There are lots of people around,and many times the dogs are hot on the bunny's tail. This is a VERY safe and well organized hunt,but should an accident happen,it would be great relief if damage was kept to a minimum. Over the years,all I have used is a plain old steel blunt. If I hit and loose a bunny,then so be it. As much as I hate them,the coyotes have to eat too.(maybe they'll leave the deer alone for a while) Whatever your bringing,take a GOOD look at it as ask yourself "would I want to get shot in the behind with that???"

#4) LEATHER GLOVES!!!!!

As I said before,this brush is NASTY!!!!! Good heavy smooth leather gloves will go a long way at protecting your hands,and they make pretty fair shooting gloves too!!! I don't even wear a shooting glove or a tab when I'm at the bunny hunt. I do all of my shooting and practiceing with the leather work gloves that I'll be wearing hunting. I usually bring up a few packages of gloves to hand out to those who don't have them,but if you have a pair around the house please bring them. I have one package right now,and I'll try and get a couple more but I can't guarenty I'll have enough for everyone.

Just a few "helpful hints" from a veteran,I would never one to "tell" anyone what to do.....

See ya at the "Bunny Hunt"!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks Woodchucker; great advise. Where is the best place to get plain old steel blunts that you wouldn't mind loosing.

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I think I bought 100 125gr. glue-on blunts for about $12.95 from 3Rivers. If you call and order them over the phone,your should have them with-in a week I would think. Plenty of time to get some!!!!!

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
thanks. Putting together some shafts from dowels at the moment. Cheap blunts would compliment them perfectly.

Offline tregespa3

• Trad Bowhunter
if your using arrows with inserts, stop in the local hardware store, find some washers that lock ( 3 or four small teeth on the them). and a small screw that matches up with your insert. i think you can make each for about 37 cents. you dont feel bad about loseing them and they wont stick a buddy, but do the trick for a bunny.  that's what i got mine with last year.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©