3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 30114 times)

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey wingnutters are always a very cheap alternative to points for "throw away" arrows. Just go to the local hardware store, and get em big enough to screw onto the taper....presto. Bunny wrecking arrow on the cheap.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
You don't even need arrows, all ya gotta do is fish them out of the well with your bow   :bigsmyl:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for the tips and reminders.  This is gonna be great!

OOooooooHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
dang my beard has gotten gray since then    :banghead:
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
LOL come to think of it Sonny's alot grayer too
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I think we all have Tom........I shaved all mine off so I wouldn't have to look at it, not that I had a lot to start with.......  :bigsmyl:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I've heard of fellows using used shell casings in the end of an arrow as blunts. That could be very cost effective.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I have some arrows with .38 casings over a field point.

This is all sounding interesting!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline NOMAD88

• Trad Bowhunter
I just sat in the local library and read the whole thread. I have no internet at home and little time with moving and work. You all know i will be there no matter how far the drive. Hunting in sc is not too bad.Cant wait see everyone and shoot bunny!  :campfire:

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Dont you mean "Y'all" Damon? See you there man!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Our first time at the hunt, Joe getting his arrows out of the Bear target, look how high the bank was. I remember Shawn had someone come in to plow the back yard.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I remember debating whether or not to go to the Bunny hunt four years ago,we didn't know anyone just a few names from off this site. I'm sure glad that we went, some of the best memories I have were at this and the other bunny hunts.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Good post Chuck... proper "PPE" (personal protective equipment)  is very important on this hunt!    :thumbsup:  

Luv that picture of Mickey!!    :clapper:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Man what memories!! I remember Curts eye thing and I hired someone with a loader to come clear my back yard! We got hit by 2 storms the two weekends before each dumped over 17"s, we had like 36"s on the ground. We literally had to crawl in some spots to distribute our weight so we would not sink out of sight!! Come to think of it, we were lucky not to lose Mikey!! Guys wait 'til ta see some of these donations, I know of two that when combined are over $3500 dollars. Everyone better bring their piggy banks cause I am spending a few hundred just to have a chance at some of this stuff!! I will post my addy again so guys have directions and parking info and such as we get closer!! Things are coming together nicely!! That picyure of Sonny reminds about his owner, one of the true originals and true bunny hunters, I was there when he shot his one and only bunny and it is something I will never forget!! I called Tom(Swampbuck)over and said thereis a bunny right here under this down tree, I knew as I had just put 5 rabbits out from it and killed the sixth. While I was standing catching my breath another ran under it. Tom came over and I said just shoot down in thru here(remeber there was over 3ft of snow) He shot and the arrow started to quiver and Tom had his bunny!! Very Nice my friend!! See ya'all soon! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Hooper

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for posting the "helpful hints" for us first timers woodchucker. From the looks of all the pic's it's going to be quit a bunny hunt, can't wait.
Black Widow PSA III - 59#@31
Black Widow PSR III - 53#@30 1/2
Holm Osprey 62"- 55#@30"

Offline Peter Smith

• Trad Bowhunter
This is the year that I WILL kill a bunny, I have set my mind to it and its goen to happen.

Pete
You get what you get.

Offline Larry Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
I thought I'd offer up a couple of leather belts.  I haven't started putting a design on the belts, but I came up with a design for the leather buckles.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Larry those are pretty neat, great design......thanks for donating them.....  :thumbsup:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  Tom came over and I said just shoot down in thru here(remember there was over 3ft of snow) He shot and the arrow started to quiver and Tom had his bunny!!  
If I'm thinking right that was in rabbit valley, I watched the whole thing   :scared:  

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Oh by the way Tom that's a cool hat   :notworthy:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©