3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 30132 times)

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
Mikey,sounds like you almost accidentally went postal on the postman...wonder if that'd be a federal offense?  :scared:I had a much closer call with the old man next door one time   :eek:so I know how you feel.What's this new bow?

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Got myself a Kohannah Flatbow, 64" 51# @ 28". Shoots nice with woodies and 2016's at my T-Rex draw length of 26". The grip may be a little large for me to shoot with gloves...... Wanna Buy It?

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
Wouldn't mind trying it out but I'd be more interested in making a deal on that TFV.   ;)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Hey Mike just bring it all   :scared:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Mikey, I have a better one involving a .44 magnum. Ask me when ya come up for the hunt. Just donate that bow, or keep it and donate the TFV!    :rolleyes:        :bigsmyl:    !! Guys we also had some more donations come in, Scott Hesterly donated a bunch of his wraps and get this 3 $50 gift certificates for anything on his website, check it out at  www.onestringer.com  I use nothing else on my arrows plus he has a bunch of other cool stuff!! Thanks Scott my friend!! Also Paul at Badger arrows donated a very nice T-shirt, Thanks !! Everyone please remember to Thank these guys by making a purchase from them the next time ya need something for your arrows or bow or whatever!! All of these great folks really go out of their way to make this hunt something special for all of us!! I am gonna post the hotel and my address tomorrow and some more info. on the hunt. Now lets get some snow!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Guys, still awake!! If anyone close by wants to do a quick hunt  after work one day this week PM me. I get home at 3:30 and with it not getting dark until 5:20 or so we can hunt almost 2 hours. Izzy, Cyclic, Jamie, here by 4pm. we can probably do at least 3 pieces!! That would be cool as I am needing a mini-warm-up!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I have two Bunny's in my yard this morning, they are tempting me   :bigsmyl:  I'm working on a couple pipe quivers for Joe and I, that will mean no holding back in the brush this year, we have been out every week end running the pups jumping piles busting brush,at 50 years old I'm in the best brush busting shape of my life   :thumbsup:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Cant do a week night hunt without at least 2 or 3 weeks notice. Unless of course I get really sick partway through the day   :rolleyes:  

Looking forward to getting out again!  My bows are begging me to shoot them daily, did I just let everyone know I talk to my bows?   :help:  

Really, I don't hear voices!!!   :wavey:    :eek:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
BRUSH PANTS-BRUSH PANTS-FREE!!!!!!!

I have a pair of slightly used, (one weekend), brush pants, waist size is 32", inseam of 30".  If you know me you know they aren't close to fitting me.......they were Hunters but are now too small.  If anyone can use them at the hunt let me know and they are yours......

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Alright all.......we are still a few side dishes short on the food list......near as I can tell conservatively there are about 65-70 people coming to this event, graciously hosted at Shawn and Cindy's home.  That being said, I count 38 people that have signed up to bring some type of food item....surely 5 of the remaining 30 or so can step up and bring a side dish.

Here is the up to date list..........looks pretty good!!

SIDE DISHES(potato salad, macaroni salad, cole slaw, mac and cheese) 5----------->Travis(Macaroni salad), Sean (Potato Salad),Swampbuck(Mac and Cheese), Woodchucker (Macaroni Salad),
Trab (Macaroni Salad), Wapiti Chaser (Potato Salad), KWC(Potato Salad

Beverages-
2 cases of some type of sport drink--------->McGroundstalker(2), StoneKnife(2)LeeNY(1)ScottV_7(1), Larry
1 cases of canned soda or juice(no glass)--->McGroundstalker(2)Bowspirit(1)Dave Alaxanian(1), Mamba (1)
2-3 gallons of orange and apple juice---> imskippy, Southpawshooter
cases of Bottled Water-------->David(2)LeeNY(1), Vermonster13(2)ScottV_7(1), Hooper (2), Tom Phillips
Main Dish-Enough to feed 10-15 people-------->StoneKnife, Jaimie, Razorback, ScottV_7, Swampbuck, IndianaBowman, Guru, Dave Alaxanian, Mamba, Glenbo
Hot Dogs and Rolls 6 dozen of each---->Bamboo
Lunch Meat+Cheese-5-6#s of lunch meat-2-3#s of cheese--->Gaff
Chips---->Izzy(2), Ron W
Pickles-3-4 jars----->JWilliams
Cereal+Milk-4-boxes and 2 gallons milk---->David
Donuts----->Izzy(2)Razorback, Ron W
Bagels +(4) Cream cheese-3-4-dozen---->Lar43
Condiments(Butter 3#s, mustard, ketchup,Hellmans Mayo, relish)---->Peter Smith
6ft. sub---------->Shawn
coffee, cream,sugar hot chocolate, tea-------->Shawn
Chili--------->Shawn,BowSpirit
Stew, soup,------------->ScottV_7, Izzy, KWC
rolls and bread-------------> DrewsBow
3 Deserts--------->Jaimie,ChanteyMan, Guru(Cookies), Big Ed,
Snacks/Fruit----------->IndianaBowman(GatorBites)LeeNY(case of chips)Big Ed(Venison Slim Jims), Imskippy, Hooper
Bananas---------->DrewsBow
Paper Towels 6-8 rolls----->Cyclic Rivers
Paper Plates heavy duty ones--->Izzy(50)TDog, Skipmaster
Plastic bowls or paper bowls---->ChanteyMan, Dave Alaxanian
Styrofoam Cups for hot beverages at least 120--------->ChanteyMan
plastic silverware, knives,forks and spoons 100 or so of each-------->JWilliams
Large Garbage Bags----------->Homer
Box of 1 gallon zip lock bags-------->Homer
Three rolls of aluminum foil--------->Homer(All)
One large cooler with ice(three bags each)------>JWilliams, Skipmaster
A few targets------>Black Hole,Reinhart 18" Ball-David, Block Target-JWilliams, Skipmaster, ScottV_7, Mcgroundstalker,

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by woodchucker:
Hmmmmm..... Just checked the Weather Channel.....

Here I am,Dancin' around in circles,wearin' out my moccasins.....

and it's SNOWING IN KENTUCKY!!!!!!!!!!   :bigsmyl:  

I'm DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!! I'm DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Somebody get this man a GPS or something huh? South Jersey just got 10 inches yesterday. Get your act together would ya??? Seriously though I hope we get a decent snow before the hunt it would sure be nice. Skippy   :pray:
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
An afternoon hunt sounds good, just pick a day so I can get the babysitter set up...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
10 inches!!!!!!!!!! That's ALL you got down in Jersey???    :confused:  

Heck, THAT aint NOTHIN'!!!!! I usualy dump 4 or 5 FEET on N.H.!!!!! (Sorry David!!!)

I'm WORKIN' ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!! I'm DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm in for about any night this week.

David, my son Tyler could use the brush pants. They'll be a little short but much better than jeans. If available, thanks a million!

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
They are yours Terry, I mean Tylers.  I'll have them at the hunt.....

Chuck, try hitting Ohio.....that way you might get New York but miss NH!!!!!!  :readit:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Offline Meat

• Trad Bowhunter
I will be there you know it

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Can not wait to see everyone again!!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Ok, for thae guys who can make it, lets make it 3:45 this weds. I am not home until than!! This will give us an hour and a half to hunt! We will do the hedgerow, than the hedgerow down to the squirrel woods, than the circular field and if not dark by than we will do the rabbit valley!! Post if you are coming!! We should see some  bunnies for sure!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
:(  Can't Make It.  :(  Might have something to do with working until 5pm and living 150 miles south of ya.

... mike ...

* But I'll be at The 2010 JLMBH with bells on! *
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by mcgroundstalker:
 :(  

* But I'll be at The 2010 JLMBH with bells on! *
What a picture that paints!!!!!  :scared:    :bigsmyl:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©