3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 30129 times)

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Man I hope it goes easy on ya Shawn. Dont feel bad about cancelling. Just get back to 100% so we have our huntmaster for the hunt.

Feel better my friend.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Shawn, hope you feel better!  If you get addicted to pain killers and need to see me at work, I'll have the golden Chariot come pick you up.  I'll have the JLMBH video playing for the ride.

Seriously, hope this pass pain free.  This will give Jamie time to get a catchers mit for the bun buns.

Also a few more rabbits might live and we will have the best kill to date this year!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
Hope you feel better shawn.  :pray:
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks guys, I can't sleep. I went thru this last year and it was worse, passed one as big as a kidney bean with no meds after having lithotripsey. Doc said he has only seen one passed bigger and the person was getting morphine. I had no drugs last year, this year Cindy made me get them as she said she could not stand seeing me in such pain. It is rough right now, I have the cold sweats and I know it is heading for my bladder as the pain is intense every now and than. Thanks for the kind words!! I would rather run thru a wild rose bush naked than deal with this and I just may go that to take my mind off of this!!(LOL!) See ya all soon!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Shawn, I feel your pain man!!....I had to had to have mine blasted out too, spent 4 days in the hospital on Demerol for the first one.  14 months later I must have still had a chunk left over that got stuck in my ureter, 2 days in the hospital on morphine! My wife, who's a nurse, wanted the drugs to shut me the heck up!!, she really didn't give 2 craps about seeing me in pain!!

for those of you who have never had them, I've always said, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!. Feel better man!!      :thumbsup:
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry to hear Shawn! My wife has been plaqued with them and has had many stints (pun intented) in the hospital and actually came close to dying with septicemia once. So, I know what you're going through. Hang in there, it'll pass - I know, I know, bad puns!

Izzy, Jamie, I can host a few guys this afternoon down around my place if interested. Just Email me and we can work out the time and meeting place.

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
Shawn, hope you feel better soon. Those things are no fun.
How many arrows would you folks recommend bringing for the hunt. I hear lots of stories about lost/dropped arrows and don't want to be short when the time comes for that all important shot. I also don't want to lug too much stuff with me either.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
I carry as many as I can, with a good number being old bent or repaired arrows, that I dont mind losing.I would guess its about a dozen.
Last year as I was pushing the Island of Trees, I had a bunny run right towards me, passed between my legs and continued on behind me. I turned, verified there was no one behind me and shot, missing of course. I looked at the roses, shrugged, and kept on walking. But thats just me. Sometimes, the shrubs and thorns arent worth exploring for a less than perfect arrow...  :goldtooth:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
A doz is what I was thinking. I have a good number of bent arrows that i will put field points and wingnuts on. I got to stop shooting those rock stumps, but does supply bunny arrows.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Don't forget the metal bunny!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
He'll eat your arrows!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Did ya guys get any snow up there?
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Not Enough Mike, they're saying Chucks dancing on Saturday!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
We need snow, no doubt!! We have cold and maybe an icnh on the ground. We need more!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
Bunny!!!Bunny comin your way!!!Shoot'em

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
Chuck, move your dance south and move that danged Jet Stream north and we can get the snow up here. They don't want it down in Dixie.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Anyone shoot at any rabbits lately? Im hoping to take a walk tomorrow or this weekend.

I dont even care if there is snow, as long as all the mud and muck is frozen.

15 days boys...
                         -Jamie

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Not that I can talk about    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
5 guys from PA are in for sure. What is still needed as far as food goes?

Thought we were gonna miss this year, but last year was too much fun.

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
Glad to here your gonna make it. Once it's in your blood..You can't miss it..Bunny!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©