3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 30131 times)

Offline Huntrdfk@Work

• Trad Bowhunter
We need about three more side dishes of cole slaw and potato salad Matt.......let me know what you can bring......

David

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'm DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!! I'm DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :bigsmyl:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
Chuck try to keep this one in New york..Right around Albany...

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Shawn (and others) - I just posted in our TGMM forum and as the post refers to this annual event (which I have always respected), I felt I would like to copy it here - Hope you don't mind.

I just want to slip in here that I received my package (last weeks Karma offer) from Mike Clark (GAstumpshooter) today. All of the items were in perfect shape and it included BOTH bags of nocks, extra inserts and points, and something else. I must say it was a very nice package.

Oh, the "something else" was a DVD of the 2009 Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt. I have been reading about this annual event every year on Tradgang for as long as I can remember - and that's about as long as I've been here, as I recall. Not only is it always a great pre and post thread but all the monies raised from their on site auction goes towards the TG St. Judes Annual auction (to the best of my knowledge). I have had both cyber and real time friends attend the hunt (such as Swampbuck and Killdeer, just to mention a couple), and Swampbuck has even "taken me with him" a couple of times (in the form of a hunt arrow with my name on it that he carries to shoots/hunts). Needless to say I was tickled to recive this additional item (the DVD) and will enjoy it the more, each time I view it.

Thank you so much, Mike.

Good luck to all on the Bunny Hunt and all it involves.   :thumbsup:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Why You Old Jarhead!!!!!  :bigsmyl:

Sure would be nice if you could make it up sometime Bernie!!!!!

I too will be taking you hunting with me at this years Bunny Hunt. I have a choker that you made,Killy ended up with it,She sent it to Kenny(adkmountainken),and he gave it to me.....

I wear it often when hunting My Friend,It's got alot of Good spirit behind it!!!!! Heck,I might even manage to kill a Bunny this year while I'm wearing it!!!!!  :archer:

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I think Ken used up all the MOJO in that choker Chuckster, thats why it ain't snow'n...lol!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
LOL - extra luck, Woodchucker. (Don't "choke" up at the wrong moment.  ;) )

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Bernie, very nice!! Let us know what ya think of the DVD!! Jamie, this beat up ol'man got out tonite after work. I am pretty sore but managed a 1/2 hour with Mollie and Max coming along. I saw 4 and had 5 shots, would of been more but Molly kept the bunnies moving!! There is a bit of snow in the fileds and thickets but we need more, everyone concentrate on this Tuesday and Weds. they are saying a chance at snow. Looks good for bunnies, they are out there and we are gonna get after them soon!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Whats this I hear, Chucks gonna choke   :help:  Does that mean we aint getting snow   :confused:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
(I hope he doesn't, Stone Knife - LOL)

My pleasure, Shawn, and I will. Looks like this weekend (here) will be a good one for watching it and some others that I have on loan (all rain in this corner of NC, they say).

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Im hoping to have a few guys here Sunday for a little hunt....have a few loose ends to tie down first, but I will post here as soon as I know.

I have faith in you Chuck...Im still impressed after all the snow from the first hunt I attended.

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH  YYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
You'll love it Bernie !! thanks for the kind words

The beagle music you'll here in the back ground is my man Sonny and he sings a puuuurdy tune although I may be partial LOL
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Izzy and I went out for a couple hours the other day and saw 4 or 5 but they were moving and we didn't get any shots.  We did kill a basketball though! It was just too tempting.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
I must be gettin' old so please excuse me for asking...... Why Do We Want Snow For This Bunny Hunt? I have a pretty good idea of why but would like to hear from the experts.  :p

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
So everyone can look around and ask..... "Where's Mikey?????"    :confused:  

:bigsmyl:        :biglaugh:        :biglaugh:  

(ya know we LOVE ya Mike!!!!! It wouldn't be the same without ya!!!!!)

Oh Great Spirit!!!!! Hear My Prayer and Grant My Request!!!!!

We need SNOW So That We May Hunt The Bunnys!!!!!

Please send snow as high as my Brother Waysiah's neck,to our sacred hunting grounds in Selkirk N.Y.

Oh Great One!!!!! HEAR OUR WAR CRY!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!! I'm DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm DANCIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Or do ya mean... waysiah?
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
This expert says we need snow so we do not trash my house to bad. A hundred guys walking in and out over frozen ground eventually turns it to mud! We need to be able to see the bunnies and each other and it also makes finding our arrows so much easier!! Snow and temps in the low teens would make it perfect!! Jamie, what time, if early enough I will go, just need to be home in time for the super bowl!! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
I dont watch the super bowl.  :goldtooth:  

I was thinking a meet time around 2 here...but I didnt realize the game was Sunday.

Might turn into a solo hunt.  :D
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'm game for some BSing (bunny stomping)  Haven't seen a Superbowl in a bout 9 years.  

Jamie,

I might not have my Voodoo stick back in time for Feb 20th.  I'll let you know to adjust the list within the 5 days it will take to ship.

I'll stomp some pickers if ya want. It's for selfish reasons I want to get out, but then again when isn't it for any of us?
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I hope you guys get half the snow that we are supposed to get tonight and tomorrow. And put Mikey on a toboggan, so he can breathe.

Killdeer   :D
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©