3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 30121 times)

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
"Super Bowl"? What's the "Super Bowl"? Is that some kind of 55 gallon flush toilet or something? Can we use it at the next bunny hunt not to trash Shawns house up?

... mike ...  :D  ...

* Thanks fer thinkin' 'bout me Killy! You're Sweet!
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  The beagle music you'll here in the back ground is my man Sonny and he sings a puuuurdy tune although I may be partial LOL  
That's my kind of music Tom   :thumbsup:  Joe and I are taking the pups out today just so we can listen to the music   :clapper:    :jumper:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I used to love listening to the music of my "Sloopy" around here. Sloopy never hunted for folks, as she hated the sound of shooting, but she loved to chase rabbits and tree rats for herself. I loved her typically Beagle "happy song" and "happy tail", seen and heard through the local trees. She loved if someone went with her, as long as they didn't carry anything long-ish that looked to her like it might shoot. Finally the neighborhood built up enough there was too much traffic so I had to put up a fence and "retire" her from the surrounding woods, swamps, and "roads" - so we could grow old "together". Believe it or not, I fear she is getting there faster than I - she's still a pip though.

BEFOR - 1997, "But Ahm not sure Ah want to be a huntin' dawg."

AFTER - A few months ago, "Shhh, quiet, Ahm restin' ('n dreamin' of rabbits)."

Forgive the slight deviation but perhaps you can take Sloopy along on the bunny hunt (in your minds) also - she probably would enjoy the St. Jude Auction too, she loves happy folks -      :biglaugh:     .
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Buster in lock down

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
Bernie, are you saying that little pup of yours is 23yrs old. That is one long and happy relationship you are blessed with.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Alfred

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Oooops   :o   No, that was a typeo, which I will correct now - LOL Still a long/happy 13 years relationship though.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Terry, that was a fun hunt but next time Ill bring a scoped rifle with a bipod, those rabbits were spooky.Sorry for the basketball, it was the voices in my head that made me shoot it, or was that you saying "Shoot It"? Nice critter collection too man.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
How does basketball taste?  I heard you  made an excellent kill shot!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Think its a no-go for tomorrow. Might have to wait til the big hunt.

If anyone is interested in a hunt here at my place, just pm me and we can try to get it done before the season ends. I can almost gurantee a shot or three.

Otherwise, Im counting the days....

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Too bad Jamie I was looking forward to seeing some people again.  Let me know if you are heading out on the weekends I'm usually up for it.  

Going out Stump shooting in about 30 minutes to hone my skills.

If anyone wants to get together tomorrow let me know.  I have good stump shooting land to go on but not great small game hunting property.

The El Grande hunt is fast approaching, I'm feeling the nerves in my tummy.  Maybe its too much coffee but I like to think Its excitement so I'll leave it at that.

OHHHHHH YYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
Fell asleep woke up and it's page 45 !!! David what food do we still need ?
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Hey Bob, we still need a couple of dishes of potato salad, then we should be set........

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Guys, you are all slipping, pg. 2!! Come on it is on!! We have some awesome raffle stuff and more coming!! We have a bow from Hill Country coming, I just have to set it up with 4runr, he was gracious enough to get it donated for us!! That is sweet. I have been busy getting the house ready and setting things up! We may get some snow weds. so keep your fingers crossed!! I am heading out soon to help my daughter(Heather) with her weapons training! She has decided to be an MP in the US Army, we were not real thrilled at first but we are proud of her and the pride she shows when she talks of serving her country!! She is an excellent shot too!! See you all soon!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Shawn, tough decision for her. If you guys have any questions about the hoooah life, ask away. Damon has been there too...Reserve, National Guard or Active?

Im getting some stuff together for the raffle myself. Seeing what I can come up with is half the fun...

Might take a solo walk later on if things work out...

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH  YYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
I solicited a couple of Donations for the raffle from Brian Oleson and Havoc Archery and Scotty, owner of Habana Premium Cigar Shop.I got a bunch of my own stuff too.This is gonna be good.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
For the raffle I have some stuff, including a 55# Ben Pearson recurve. A knife set ,shooting glove and a couple of other things. I may throw in a walking stick that I carved also......
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Wow Izzy, Habana Premium Cigar Shop!  I buy from them regularly, good folks!
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Yeah,Scott is a good guy.I remember him from a tiny shop in the local mall about 13 years ago.Now hes big time.He hunts a bit with wheels maybe he'll show at the hunt next year with a stick bow.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Huh....everyone must be watching a game or something...  :D
                         -Jamie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©