3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 30106 times)

Offline Huntrdfk@Work

• Trad Bowhunter
Kinda like a "stimulus" package, right Tony?

David

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Pete, Glad to read things are looking better. I know what you mean. The VA grief counselor called about my dad a couple of weeks ago....said it was "time". Here we are three weeks later and dad is still doing well and much better than just holding on...

Cold and blustery here today. The sun has melted the snow we got, except for in the shade.

So far Monday is looking good. I need anyone who is coming to PM me so I know roughly how many so I can plan accordingly. Meet time still up in the air, so Im wanting suggestions for those of you who are working and such.

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
Yeh Dave. they have given everything else away, why not some snow.

Jamie. I have a piece of pvc I plan on turning into a quiver. have you got any photo's of ypurs, particularly how you attach the strap. Also how do you carry yours?

Tony
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
No pictures. I based it on a tube style and cut out an oval. For a strap I used braided 55o chord and just tied it on. Four years and that quiver is still going strong, although the fabirc is torn and ragged from the thick stuff.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
This is the quiver that I just made one for me one for Joe. It's a piece of 4" thin wall sewer pipe with 4" styrene end caps i used this to make it a lighter weight. the pipe is cut 35" long and the opening is 15" x 4" I just cut slits with a dremal tool to put the strap on it's just a length of flat cable pulling line compliments of the phone co.   :bigsmyl:   all I did is tie a knot in it to secure it in place, the lower hole is in line with the edge of the opening the upper hole is in the back side, this allows the quiver to sit right the quiver is worn across the back then slid under the arm when I need an arrow

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
How nice Jim... And in Snow Camo too.  :p

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
I was going to get some sewer pipe but the sch40 was free so I will have to put up with the weight, oh well. I like the strap idea, I have some webbing straps that will do that. I will leave mine in "snow camo" too. May be positive thinking will get us some snow for the hunt.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
For bunny hunting on your own, it doesnt have to be pretty or tough. For bunny hunting with the huntmaster Shawn and gang, it better be tough. I think the PVC will serve you well, and it is a good "back up", lol.
                         -Jamie

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I bought a tube and am making 3 right now. Not sure how I want to finish them yet but I have seen Blue print tubes with a strap already on them.  In fact all you would have to do is put a hole in the side for a few arrows to come out and you are all set.

Maybe we can truck snow in like the Olympics.  Some places cant get rid o it fats enough and here we are begging for it.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Peter Smith

• Trad Bowhunter
ttt
You get what you get.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Just think....a week. Then its on!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  YYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
                         -Jamie

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'm pretty excited about this hunt, I'm just looking to have a good time!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Can't come fast enough for me. I do need some time away from work and more work....... The first time I hear "BUNNY!" I think I'm gonna pass out! Just to see everyone again is cool and then, to bust a few rabbits makes it wonderful.

... mike ...  :archer:  ...

Offline ScottV_7

• Trad Bowhunter
This will be my first time there and I can't wait.  Can someone give kind of a rundown of how the raffle(s) work?  Buckets? Draw a name and that person picks?  Just curious.  

Are there a lot of shot opportunities on the bunnies?  The briars sound pretty rough.  Should I bring a spare pint of blood?   :D
JK Traditions Kanati 48#@28"  
Fedora 560 52" 44#@26"

"Skin that one pilgrim, and I'll bring ya another!"

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
The shots at bunnies are hard to keep track of. There are a lot. The briars are rough...you will bleed, but I dont know if anyone will be able to transfuse you, even if you bring your own blood.  :D  
The raffle usually is done by Shawn and family. They usually pick an item, then draw a ticket for that item. The items are usually mind blowing.

Mikey, I hope I get to see you in action again this year my friend. One of the many highlights from last year was retrieving your bunny.
                         -Jamie

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
Yeah I can't wait....BUNNY!!!!!!

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Sitting here fletching up some raffle carbon arrows. Be prepared to bleed,cause if you aren't bleeding you are not doing it right. These little buggars hold tight and like to be stepped on before jumping. Can't wait, sure wish my Little Cowboy bud was gonna be there.(need some one to finish my bunnies)LOL. It will be a blast for all involved, OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH  YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Yes... YES... OH YES Jamie!... Was is that good for you too?  :rolleyes:

... mike ...

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
   Yes... YES... OH YES Jamie!... Was is that good for you too?  
:scared:    :scared:    :scared:    :scared:    :scared:

I was looking forward to meeting you guys but now I think I might just hide in the rose bushes hoping no one notices me.  :jumper:

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
You can't hide from Mikey.........
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©