3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 30109 times)

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
from what I hear, I could stand on a chair and he might not be able to see me  :)
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey! Anybody remember some of the "good quotes" from past JLMBH's? I'll start with...

* Brent asking: "Hey Shawn! Can I Shoot This Rabbit?!" * (Maybe he forgot why we were there.)

... mike ...   :p   ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Here we go with the short jokes again...  :p  That's OK. I can take it. In fact, I kinda like the fuss.

... mike ... aka Waysiah ...  :D  ...

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Mikey, you just need a hug,you'll be all warm and fuzzy in one more week!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Peter Smith

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey Mikey, are you dancing?, cause I think your aims gettin better. We are getting snow here in western NY on the shores of lake ontario!
Pete
You get what you get.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Hey Mike, Tucker sent me this hero shot to post   :thumbsup:

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
I love this photo.You can see the guys down in back and how think it is..Mike great shot.Man you where lock right on that bunny.One fluid motion and the arrow was on it's way.That was great to be able to watch that happen..Jim thanks for posting that...BUNNY!!!

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
great shot, good day for hunting in Myrtle beach SC got over night 3 to 5 inches of snow.. Rabbits would show up great..they have a 26 mile running race today and most of the runners sure will be cold.

Bill
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I think it's the camera angle or possibly some very fine trick photography, but doesn't Mike look taller than the Bunny in this one   :bigsmyl:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Gotta tell ya the action witnessed before my shot was grand! All of us in a circle around that valley and rabbits moving like pin balls in an arcade game! This Is True! Lots and lots of bunnies all over the place. Arrows zippin' around! Jamie doin' a swan-dive into the thorns! What A Blast!

* Many, many bunnies because of the thorn cover. Think about it for a moment... If you were a hawk or coyote you would think twice before mixing with all that wild rose cover. So... Rabbit Heaven!

... mike ...   :archer:   ...

PS... Take another look at my photo. Can you see why we ask you to wear a bright color on this hunt?

PPS... Thanks Tucker & Jim for the pic.  :)

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
RAAABBIITTTTTTT!!!!

Mike I'm with ya, somtimesstanding back and enjooyng is for fun than jumping in!  especially in the case of the thorns.

I'll dive in too because I, for some reason I can wait to bleed.

Bring it on!!!!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm eating a whole bunch of red meat this week trying to bolster the reserves of blood.

We have a blood drive in this area, this week. Hmmm. I wonder if they will give some back that I have given over the years.  :)
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry guys, I have not been on in a few days.Here is some info everyone needs to know!! EVERYONE MUST PAY $15 FOR THE B-B-Q!! You will not be able to purchase raffle tickets until you have proof of paying for the BBQ. I have to do this as we are getting 80 half chickens but we have a lot of guys who may come that never posted about the BBQ. We may have 100 guys or 70 so if ya do not get a chicken don't complain. You still have to pay the $15 as I said so many people never posted!! Also we did not get any snow, so parking is gonna be at the airport and along the road in front of the house. The lawn is off limits, unless it is real cold, below 20 or so!! Hopefully we get a lil' tuesday as thereis another chance of snow than. There is a bit in the areas we hunt like rabbit valley, briarback mountain and the honeyhole, plus the island of trees as well! Please pass this info along and have guys read this post!! Looking real good!!(except for the snow!) OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
We get plenty of shots as a group we had over 400 last year!! I think Big Ed got 200 of those!!(LOL!!) BUNNY is the proper term, we don't yell rabbit as these are a different breed around here and they don't respond to yelling rabbit!! Guys are going gun hunting today, so I hope they don't do real well. Between the gun hunting and me and bowhunting we have killed 40 or so this year. There are still plenty out there and we have not even hunted the good spots, so everyone be ready, it is gonna be good!! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
here's a pic of a half dozen arrows I just finished up for the raffle, nothing to fancy, just a good workin' mans arrow...ipe footed cedars, 29" bop with 160 gr. heads spined 62-64 and weighing 598-608

I've got one other thing for the raffle, it's a joint effort between LAR43 and myself, more Larry than me. ( oh and Doug Campell had a hand in it but he doesn't know it) but you'll just have to wait to see it.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Nice arrows Larry! Think they will work fine for me too.  :D  

Im gonna have to cancel the Monday hunt I was going to host...too many other irons in the fire at the moment, and it appears I may have to go to a meeting about my dad at the VA. Sorry to those that were planning on attending. I guess we will just have to wait a week for the real thing.

Shawn, sounds like a good idea to me. This way, the main cost gets dealt with, and Im sure most of us cant eat a whole half chicken anyway. Besides, I havent been to any of these hunts and walked away hungry...

Hope for snow. If not, atleast for cold.

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH  YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey guys, my 7 yr old nephew is coming and his arrows are really small diameter.  Any ideas of what to put over the field points to blunt them?  22' are too small.  Otherwise I'll have to swipe my daughters carbons.
Pete
peter Osimanti

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Half a chicken for $15 sounds good to me Shawn! Does the person doing the BBQ need an expert chicken choker to help out?  :rolleyes:  I'm In!

* Pete... About kids arrows... I like to think field points would be OK. It's us fellas shootin' 40#'s and better that should be using blunts or the like. Everyone Please Remember... NO BROADHEADS!

... mike ...

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
What type of arrows Pete? Wood? Aluminum/carbon? If they are wood, then wingnutters would be fine...or even a regualr bolt screwed onto the taper. If they have inserts, just buy a few hardened screws and a couple of bolts to go with them for weight. They dont have to be pretty, just deadly.

Everyone should bring atleast one field tip though...ya have to shoot the steel before you can hunt, and it would suck to make it through the steel and NOT pop the balloon.  :jumper:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
Just got done watching the video of last years' hunt(great job again Bill)and I can't wait for next weekend."BUNNNNNNYYYYYY"!!!    "COMIN' ATCHA"!!!   :bigsmyl:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©