3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2010(We Raised $6000) ( My Final THANKYOU!!!!)  (Read 30102 times)

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Shawn, You can't kill them if you don't shoot at them. Keep it safe and have fun. Ready to hit some thick stuff, can't wait. Hope to video some of the young ones in the youth hunt. Big Ed
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Guys remember only $5 is going for the chicken!! The other $10 is going to the kids, this will raise a minimum  of $800 for the kids if we get 80 people. The way it is going we may have 80 but we could have 100. The gun guys came back at 5pm, they saw close to 50 bunnies and got 8, they had a hell of a time seeing them with no snow,everyone say a prayer and someone else do a dance as woodchucker is a lil' off this year!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
The weather forecast for Selkirk calls for snow flurries most of next week. Hope we get at least a couple inches on the ground by Saturday. I'm ready to hunt with or without snow. Bet the whole gang is! We gotta break the total of 19 this year!

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

... mike ...  :archer:  ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Start shooting more Mikey!  :jumper:  

I dont know about you guys, but I NEED to get out there and hunt.

OOOOOOOOHHHHHH  YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Mikey,,, cant you do a dance ballet in your pink Tu Tu or something??? We're counting on you man!

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks guys, I'll try to screw on a nut.  I know its light poundage but I'd hate to get shot in the butt with it, definately leave a mark.
peter Osimanti

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Next week at this time I'll be heading back to Shawns for day two of bunny hunting with the gang.  :jumper:  This is almost as fun as indoor sports.  :rolleyes:  Hey!... Great Idea! Maybe I'll keep my brush chaps on. (Fer indoor action) Honey, ven a ca', it's Valentines Day and I have something special for you!  :eek:

... mike ...  :D  ...

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Aaiiiii!!!
Dejame sola!!!   :scared:

I'll get my spurs.
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
You romantic devil you,Mike.Looks like a chance of a little snow Tues...lets hope.   :pray:

Offline Peter Smith

• Trad Bowhunter
Shawn,

Looking for a spot at the Leonard Hotel saturday night. Got a small space on the floor left?

Pete
You get what you get.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Alright everyone, here is the up to date food list, it looks pretty good........I will bring it to the front later in the week.

SIDE DISHES(potato salad, macaroni salad, cole slaw, mac and cheese) 5----------->Travis(Macaroni salad), Sean (Potato Salad),Swampbuck(Mac and Cheese), Woodchucker (Macaroni Salad),
Trab (Macaroni Salad), Wapiti Chaser (Potato Salad), KWC(Potato Salad)

Beverages-
2 cases of some type of sport drink--------->McGroundstalker(2), Bahrzoo(2)LeeNY(1)ScottV_7(1), Larry, LAR43 (2)
1 cases of canned soda or juice(no glass)--->McGroundstalker(2)Bowspirit(1)Dave Alaxanian(1), Mamba (1)
2-3 gallons of orange and apple juice---> imskippy, Southpawshooter
cases of Bottled Water-------->David(2)LeeNY(1), Vermonster13(2)ScottV_7(1), Hooper (2), Tom Phillips, Cpnhgnlngct & Friends(2)
Main Dish-Enough to feed 10-15 people--------> Jaimie, Razorback, ScottV_7, Swampbuck, IndianaBowman, Guru, Dave Alaxanian, Mamba, Glenbo, Bahrzoo
Hot Dogs and Rolls 6 dozen of each---->Bamboo
Lunch Meat+Cheese-5-6#s of lunch meat-2-3#s of cheese--->Gaff
Chips---->Izzy(2), Ron W
Pickles-3-4 jars----->JWilliams
Cereal+Milk-4-boxes and 2 gallons milk---->David
Donuts----->Izzy(2)Razorback, Ron W
Bagels +(4) Cream cheese-3-4-dozen---->Lar43
Condiments(Butter 3#s, mustard, ketchup,Hellmans Mayo, relish)---->Peter Smith
6ft. sub---------->Shawn
coffee, cream,sugar hot chocolate, tea-------->Shawn
Chili--------->Shawn,BowSpirit
Stew, soup,------------->ScottV_7, Izzy, KWC
rolls and bread-------------> Cpnhgnlngct & Friends
3 Deserts--------->Jaimie,ChanteyMan, Guru(Cookies), Big Ed, Homer
Snacks/Fruit----------->IndianaBowman(GatorBites)LeeNY(case of chips)Big Ed(Venison Slim Jims), Imskippy, Hooper
Bananas----------> Cpnhgnlngct & Friends
Paper Towels 6-8 rolls----->Cyclic Rivers
Paper Plates heavy duty ones--->Izzy(50)TDog, Skipmaster
Plastic bowls or paper bowls---->ChanteyMan, Dave Alaxanian
Styrofoam Cups for hot beverages at least 120--------->ChanteyMan
plastic silverware, knives,forks and spoons 100 or so of each-------->JWilliams
Large Garbage Bags----------->Homer
Box of 1 gallon zip lock bags-------->Homer
Three rolls of aluminum foil--------->Homer(All)
One large cooler with ice(three bags each)------>JWilliams, Skipmaster
A few targets------>Black Hole,Reinhart 18" Ball-David, Block Target-JWilliams, Skipmaster, ScottV_7, Mcgroundstalker,

Getting close now.....OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Oh yeah, just finished a half dozen 35/55 Gold tips, four fletched w/4" pink feathers, left uncut for the raffle..........I hope the winner isn't afraid of pink  :scared:  

Man, I can't wait.....have Friday AND Monday off.....

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
Gotta put the finishing touches on my raffle items. There just isn't enough hours in the day to get it all done. Need to put together a little leather and lace (and no I don't mean the kind that Mikeys talkin bout) this kinds to keep from cuttin yourself   :banghead:   Lookin forward to next weekend for sure. See ya'll friday night. Skippy
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Shawn, Joe and I are not going to be able to make it this year. My wife has to have her other wrist done on Mon. and with my daughters work and school schedule it would leave Donna with no help, her other wrist is not 100% so Joe and I will have to stay back to help out. Tough decision but one that I had to make.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Jim you are a good man.I will miss you and the kids, enjoyed watching them last year. Big Ed
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Gonna miss ya Jim and Joe... But The Show Must Go On!   :jumper:   I'll kill a bunny for you buddy. Stay home and take care of that wonderful woman. I would do the same.

... mike ...

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Been working on my raffle donation...it is coming along nicely. Maybe a pic or two at some point.

Jim, Joe, sorry to hear that, but understandable.

Its gonna be good to get out, shoot, see some old friends and make new ones. Lets not forget killing bunnies.

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
About killing bunnies... Is anyone gonna be "up there" on Friday? How about a pre-hunt, hunt? After we help Shawn set-up, of course.   :rolleyes:  

... mike ...

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
I can't wait for next Saturday, but as already has been said, not enough hours in the day to get raffel stuff, arrows, quivers and everything else ready. Who needs sleep  :) . Can't sleep anyway thinking about this event. Been waiting to have the stars alighn for about 5 years now. I just hope momma dosn't find an excuse to keep me from coming.  :pray:
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Joe Fikkema sent me a photo of what he is sending to Shawn for the St. Jude Kids. Trust me it is a work of art and something everyone will want to win.

Thanks Joe for what you're doing for the kids.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©