3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Got my bdawg trukey call today!  (Read 265 times)

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
Got my bdawg trukey call today!
« on: January 02, 2010, 12:21:00 AM »
Back before Christmas, bdawg (Greg Brown) did a give away for a handcrafted slate over glass turkey call.  Walnut bowl with rosewood striker.

I was the lucky winner and I do mean LUCKY!

This is a really nice slate call.  I think it sounds better than my H. S. Strutt triple glass call I've used for years.  The pot is nice simple walnut with clean lines and multiple sound holes in the bottom.  The rosewood striker is a new (to me) style with a belled tip and it appears to have some sort of insert in the center that may be a carbon rod???  Anyway, it sure sounds nice to me.

Thanks Greg for doing the give-away!

I hope to put the call to good use this spring.  Heck, before then even.  Archery turkey is still in till January 15th.  I used it tonight but turkeys are getting scarce where I hunt.  I haven't seen or heard one all season.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Got my bdawg trukey call today!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 07:23:00 AM »
Greg makes great calls!  After reading the give away  thread, I PM'ed Greg and asked about a purchasing a call.  He sent me some pictures and I ended up buying two from him, for a VERY reasonable price.  The workmanship is outstanding and they really sound great!  I was originally going to order just one, as a gift for my daughter, but they looked so nice and price was so good that I ended up with one for myself too!

Offline bdawg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 11:48:00 AM »
hey dave,glad you like the call.i didnt put a rod in the striker,just left the bottom a little flat.if you want you can make it a little more mushroom shaped.that helps with purring.thanks for the compliments guys.good luck,if you have any problems or any questions about the calls shoot me a pm.bdawg

Offline Tree Killer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »
I traded a Wingbone Yelper for one of bdawg's pots on another site. He does fine work!      :thumbsup:
"stickbows, putting the arch back in archery"

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 12:09:00 PM »
HI Greg.  

Thanks for the info on the rod.  I bet it's a tiny little black spot from the original saw cut or a belt sander if you used one to true up the tip (might have burned it a tad) or else it's black from the slate.  I didn't dig around on it to check so I wasn't sure.  I'll scuff it on some sandpaper if I need to but right now it seems to work great.

Thanks again!
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline bdawg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »
tree killer,good to hear from ya again.love the wingbone call i traded ya.see ya around the site,you still making arrows?im getting a recurve soon.cabelas is giving me the run around.later.bdawg

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©