3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who hunts their "pretty" bows?  (Read 2178 times)

Re: Who hunts their "pretty" bows?
« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2010, 02:34:00 AM »
My bows are so pretty that I take a bath and use deodorant before I take them out. I wouldn't want to embarrass them in public.

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2010, 09:48:00 AM »
My bows always start out pretty...

then they get beat-up, dragged through elk and whitetail country, bloodied, and shot a ton.

Now that Whip has the Bow Hospital going I can send them for a face-lift when they get a little too long in the tooth. Kinda like Joan Rivers...
Mike Davenport

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2010, 11:53:00 AM »
Thunderstick Moab Arrow Inlay longbow. Various riser woods with quilted maple limbs.

7 pt whitetail buck, felled with a hexpine shaft tipped with a Zwickey from this bow, its first kill.

If I can't hunt with it, I won't own it.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Online Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »
I Don't know but I think my wife is quite pretty and I take her anyware.Sure shes not the new shinning model she was 30 years ago and I think some of the bumbs and bruises shes recieved along the way has greatly added to her character.Wouldn't trade her for one of those newfangled models for anything.Get the drift!LOL.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »
You wouldn't catch me with this thing in the woods....... basically cause I hide well- yes I hunt with bow.  I bought it with the purpose of using it, and because it is a good looking bow.

Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline HcSmitty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2010, 05:44:00 PM »
Well call me the philisophical sensetive poet type but i believe the beauty is in the wear.  Each ding or scratch u get in the snake skin etc tells the story of the travels through wild places that that work of art(ur bow sure sounds like one) has accompanied you.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2010, 06:02:00 PM »
I think some may not be able to afford new bows very often, and tend to either sell one to pay for another or trade one for another so that the dollars are kinda "swapped" if you will.  That being said, I believe that is the reason some might shy away from hunting with them as the value will decrease with each ding and mark.  

Although I try and be careful with my bows in the woods, (so I can resale if the need arises) I would not own a bow that I did not intend to hunt with,(collectors items are different) as that was what I feel they were intended for.  

Plus a "pretty" bow gives me more confidence for some reason...  :D
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©