3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: my season is over, thanks to all!  (Read 289 times)

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
my season is over, thanks to all!
« on: January 03, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »
Well fellars, today is the last day of IN whitetail season. I got out for a bit this a.m. and had some turkeys offer themselves, but the fall season ended in Oct. For being a stupid bird, they sure seem to know what time of year it is!!

I spent less time in the woods this season than anytime I can recall. My work this year has been an hour and a half drive from home, so evening hunts were out of the picture. Bad weather made for some short days, but I had to work some Saturdays to make them up. My grandson, Andrew got his pacemaker installed in Oct. and I missed some work and hunting days to be in TN with him. His drs. released him to travel for CHRISTmas and we spent from CHRISTmas Day until yesterday with my son, daughter-in-law and Andrew, so I took no time for the woods.......there is always next year (I hope and pray!!LOL!!). Planned to get out there this evening, but a good friend lost her aunt and the visitation is this afternoon.

As I've grown older, I guess my priorities have changed. Time in the woods with my bow is still very important to me, but I realize that time with friends and family are the most important.
For the past several weeks, I have hunted through my friends here on the 'gang. After a day of slogging thru the mud and here lately, ice, I looked forward to firing up the laptop to share in your hunts, your misses and your successes. I've been in on tracking elk, moose, deer and hogs. I've got to meet new additions to the family and got to share my grandson with all of you thru prayers and photos. Some of you have allowed me to share my humble opinions on hunting, shooting and gear and you have willing shared the same with me.

I thank you all and especially Terry and Rob for making the tradgang what it is. You folks and this site has made an otherwise bleak season a memorable one. God Bless and a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year to all!
Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline SS Snuffer

• Trad Bowhunter
  • At home in White Oaks and swamps
Re: my season is over, thanks to all!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »
Mike
I havn't been around hear as long as you but I know exactly what you mean and aggree with everything you just said.
Thanks to all and Happy New Year
Chuck
Kodiak Mag 52" 41 lb.
Kota Kill-Um 60" 42 lb.
Kanati 58" 38 lb.
Black Hunter Longbow 60" 40 lb.

No Guts - No Story

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »
Mike,

I only got to go on one hunt this year for three days. This is the first year in a long time I have not had a lease to hunt on. Anytime spent in the woods is good. I will be 60 next year and hope I can still hunt for a while. You are right, family and friends do come first. God bless all here and I hope everyone is blessed in this new decade.

Donald
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Hood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 12:33:00 PM »
I didn't get out much this year either for similar issues. But enjoy checking in here as well. I'm hoping to get out one more time tonight..
All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players.
Performers and portrayers, each another's audience.

Offline bowhunterksb32

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
I to didn"t get to spend much time in the woods this past season. Working 2 jobs,trying to spend as much time as I can with my kids after divorce limited my time in the woods this season. I uaslly just lurk ,but enjoy this site very much. Thru this site I have met some great people. I get to read about hunts for species that i'll never get to go on. The generosity on this site is amazing.People giving of there time and knowledge and material things to people they have never met still amazes me.Thankks for a great site.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 04:42:00 PM »
The season being over is in some ways sad for us who enjoy the hunt but at the same time we can rejoice in that now we can actually get in more shooting time. I don't shoot nearly as much when I'm hunting as I do the rest of the year.
Lemons can make some great lemonade!
Have a happy, healthy and safe 2010!
God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Hoof

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 05:47:00 PM »
Happy New Years to you and your family Mike. Your right family first, and yes there will be a next year!
  A very special New year's wish for good health for your grandson Andrew. i'm due for a full knee replacement later this year and hope things will be better before next season...
Chris

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 05:58:00 PM »
Sounds like you had a great year.  We have a week of deer season left, and about a month of small game...squirrels and rabbits.  Still time to chase critters.  Stumps, however, are in year around.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »
Mike, if you spent time with your family, then it sounds like you have a very successful season!

Congrats and I look forward to hearing your hunting tales next year.

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 07:00:00 PM »
Yes Mike, there's always next year, things do definately change & we must change with them, but most importantly, I hope your grandson has a full recovery ... Take Care, Adam

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 08:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by Mike Bolin:
.......there is always next year  
Thats right Mike! And it'll be here before you know it, my friend.   Let me know how them plans for Oklahoma look around turkey season.  Maybe we can send you back with some turkey with a side of pork!

Be safe, Mike..

Cameron

Online varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 08:42:00 PM »
Good deal Mike.  So glad everything went well with Andrew!

I sat this evening for the last time until turkey.  My gosh it was cold!!

I also love 'going' on hunts with everything here!  Sure is neat.

I spent more time with family this year instead of hunting, too.  It's rewarding to be with my lil girl and wife and I still have meat and memories.  Still got the rest of the month for small game too.

Matt
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline redfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
Yep, I only got to bowhunt for a week this year. Family issues took a lot of time, but wouldn't have traded that for anything.
Did spend more time at my place in the woods, just didn't get to hunt that much. Got to spend time with all my kids.
El Paisano
Ebi-kuyuutsi

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©