3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Glove to Tab  (Read 447 times)

Offline shadman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Glove to Tab
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 05:00:00 PM »
I switche to tab years ago and never went back. I feel that I get a cleaner releas with a tab and the cordovan tabs wear forever.

Offline Quinn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 04:51:00 AM »
It's weird. I started with a tab & I had no problem with it. I experimented with gloves & decided I prefered them. Now, when I shoot with a tab, the string slaps me.
"If you put the federal government in charge of the  Sahara Desert , in five years there'd be a shortage of sand."   ~ Milton Friedman

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 10:01:00 AM »
I shot with a glove for well over 50 years. I went to a friend's house to shoot on his property and forgot my glove. He let me use one of his cordovan tabs and that is all I have been using since. I have a drawer full of gloves and occaisionally I will get one out and try it.  That rarely lasts for one round or two before I reach for my tab. Much nicer release...for me, anyhow.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 12:46:00 PM »
I still sitting on the fence on this one.

Like many others, I started with a glove back in the 60s......if Fred Bear used one, I was going to use one.

I tried a tab (for the very first time) about two months ago or so.  I borrowed one. I tried it for about 3 shots and handed it back.  Not impressed. I think the big issue with me was how different my anchor felt.

However, one thing that age has done for me is to make me focus on things more intently (and also focus on NOT being resistant to change).  I decided to give it one more shot.  I tried a friend's BW tab and that one wasn't too bad.  I actually shot good groups with it and it felt somewhat better that the previous tab.

So now, I think I'm to the point where I may actually buy a couple to give them a more thorough testing.  Who knows......one is never too old to learn new tricks!  Meanwhile, I'll still keep my glove!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 11:29:00 PM »
Alaska bowhunting supplies has some nice cordovian tabs that are just super slick with a great feel.  It is a different feel and a matter of personnel preference.  You should shoot with whatever your comfortable with and that your most accurate with.  Keep shooting --------->   :archer:

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by woodbender:
i think a glove is easier to hunt with its already in place.i think its all personal preferensce try one see what you think
I'm with you.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©